Reviews for Abiento
White Rook chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
This story is a punch to the chest, but it's so brilliantly written that I am in awe. Heartbroken awe but awe nonetheless.

Kudos.
Ilovebookshowboutyou chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Very sad, but Gold Stars ***** :D
cooemi10 chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
it was a good oneshot, and I'm a sucker for sad stories so i give you two thumbs up :)
nene chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
i absoulty hated the story

im an 11 year old girl and you made me cry
Cowgrl94 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
so this little fic of yours made me cry for remy. Very well written.
DonCossak chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
This story is amazing I felt that same numbness at the end then I looked up abiento and almost cried you did amazingly well for a first time sad story I love all your other stories too
Jamocha101 chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
Where to begin? Where. To. Be. Gin.

Okay, um, I think I got here becaaauuusee...well, it definitely wasn't from the fandom front page, because this story is a few months old and all that jazz and it wasn't there because it's been since outdated, but I think I read another one of your stories...or something concerning being familiarized with you...and today I saw your name on the front fandom page next ot your most recent stories, and thought I'd check on your profile to see if I had dished out another Gambit fan.

Reads profile. Yay! Not dissapointed!

Generically does what most people who read other people's profile does; goes down to the place where their fanfictions are to see if you could find an awesome written about the character you prefer in which you happen to have in common. So yeah...big selection and stuffs. I remember going down the list and thinking, "Uh...I'll read that one and then come back...no, I'll scroll down and then go back up...no, then I'll forget what I wanted to read...wait, what's this?"

That last interjection was a reaction thanks to me seeing that your wrote a one-shot that mustered together twenty freaking reviews instead of the customary ten or so (which is still a whole freaking bunch for a one-shot), so thinking it HAD to be good, and being left in immense curiosity from the description, I clicked the link and lo and behold got here.

I noticed most of your X-Men stories are Gambit/Rogue and I don't mind that, they're my favorite couple, but I've read SO many of those fanfictions over the past week since my obsession started (gotta edit profile. Gotta edit profile. My Loonatics: Unleashed thing is still there...), that I just wanted to taste something else on my tongue, and since this didn't have Rogue in the characters thingymajig at the bottom corner, I thought maybe this could be what I've been looking for.

Yeah, so when I read the first paragraph I deduced I was wrong, or at least presumed so. "Whatever, self, twenty reviews, give the story a freaking chance." I continued to read, and since you didn't give away the initial backstory immediately, I was kind of...uh...seduced, so to speak. Good job on that. I have REALLY short attention span, so it's uber hard for me to find a multi-chapter or a long oneshot like this that I can attentively read all the way through and not skip to the end to get to the stinking point. But this was definitely an exception; I read the whole thing down to every last comma and didn't even read the end first. I...ehem...always do that...

Point is, I wanted to know what the heck was happening. So I have to say, you put the voicemail thing (the totally hilarious and in character voice mail thing) in the right place, because it made you think that Rogue wasn't dead. Usually, when somebody is dead in a fanfiction and it happened before the fanfiction takes place, the reader has a really easy job in realizing which character died. But this story was...different. Somehow, I didn't make out Rogue's death until you said it. And it surprised me. Like, really. I suspected SOMEBODY died, like a family member or SOMETHING, just. Not. Rogue.

Yeeah. So I keep reading, sounds good, sound in character, well-written, and then I get to the re-wind part and it makes me emotional. Not emotional, but there was a huge frown on my face and a furrow in my brow. When you got more into description, I actually started to get that upset knot in my throat. I always get the knot in emotional stories, but I never cry. Nothing ever makes me cry. -_-

So I finish the story, and I was really mad at the ending, because yeah, it was vague and abrupt, and NATUARLLY, the reader would like to know what the hey is going to happen. You would think that by the end of the story Gambit would have regained some sanity or there would be some implication that he would begin to regain some sanity, but nope. Just a broken man leaving a message to his dead girfriend. Sucks, man. Sucks. WHY CAN'T YOU BE CLICHED LIKE EVERYONE ELSE?

BUT DON'T CHANGE IT. Don't get me wrong, nothing about this story should be edited. As much as you made me angry with the wrap-up, it's just one of those sad drabbles that can't be messed with, it's already too perfect. Maybe the plot is upsetting, but it did was it was supposed to do. It was sad, just like it was supposed to be. And this is your first sad fic? You know this means I'll have to slap you with a fish. I try to write sad stuff, and it makes people laugh. Makes me laugh too. Not because it's funny, but because it really IS sad, and not in the way it's SUPPOSED to be.

Yeah, so. I get to the end of the story. Thinks to myself, "Well, I read sadder." Sits there for a second. Starts shaking, knot in throat swells to sufication, and I cry. Yeah. You made me cry, son of a-

Like I said before, hardly anything in the form of literature makes me cry. I'm a very not-emotional kinda person, if you get what I mean, it just takes a lot to flood my eyes enough to get the tears to come out. I've had the "brought a tear to my eye" thing happen, but no waterworks. Until now. There was water leaking from my eyes, I was shaking, and I had to go and look at myself in the mirror to calm down. And I don't even have a mental problem, I swear!

You wanted to write a sad story, you WROTE a sad story.

And I applaud. I repeat, there was nothing you could do better with this story. It. Did. What. It. Was. Supposed. To. Do. And whether it was intended or not, it conveyed a very important message. When I was sitting in front of the computer wheeping, I evaluated the situation and it came to me thinking to myself, "We should be really grateful for the people we have, because we have them." You never know when something unexpected will happen to a loved one and losing one is one of the hardest things a human being can go through. I feel a stronger value in my parents and siblings and pets and all of my friends and if I ever have a complaint about how hard and stressful and annoyingl life is, I will definitely think back to this story and count my blessings that I at least have the people around me.

All of this. Because of this story.

I'm done. Carry on.
Cute Little Foxy chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Beautifully sad. (Which is good.) I was listening to the song "Beautiful Disaster" while reading this, and it almost made me cry. I love emotional stories like this. I'm not really familar with the comic, but I sort of know the plotline for that one.

Also, what does "abiento" mean? I tried looking it up, but I had no luck.
lina chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Did anybody cry? Well I did.

This is a hell of a great story!

Bye!
Star-of-Chaos chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Very sad story, but I love angst as well as humor. I do know what happened in that plot, so it only makes it more sad to see that he lived while she died. Very nice job.
scribblemyname chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Crying, sniffing, but loving it. What's abiento mean? :blows nose:
Raven34link chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
*cries*
Fire Makes Me Smile chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
*sniff* that brought a tear to my eye.

WHICH IS GOOD! I like it when stories can get an emotional response out of me, whether it's laughter or and 'awwwww' moment or tears, emotion is good. I love how your stories always have that.

But do me a favour?

Write more funny stuff.

Romy funny stuff, because it wouldn't be the same without the 'ragin' Cajun'

TOODLES!

-Fire Makes Me Smile!
Ace-of-Cyberspace13 chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
OMG! I totally almost started crying when I read this! It was so sad! I was listening to the 'Top 20 Countdown' on CMT and when I was reading the last couple, like, half of this story, 'If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away' by Justin Moore came on and I actually had tears in my eyes! This was so amazing!

-Ace
JosephineX chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Alright, so it's not my favorite. So sue me. Alright I was joking. It... fascinates me. Some how. Almost made me break-

All right, I did break down to tears, so...

Nope I'm not saying 'IT' again. :D Anyways, quite saddening. And I hate you for making me almost break down in front of my friends.

...

And my damn (excuse my language) boyfriend had to see it... Not boyfriend, a friend who is a boy who is seriously close to moi. Hehehehhe, wow, this is a wittle bit long.