Reviews for Training
A-Fighterlady chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
RampantKing chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
i have to admit the drizzt series is my favorite and i think you potrayed him well as a father figure.
Immortal Bubblewrap chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
I would've loved to read more, but it was still really good! I probably would've hated to be in Drizzt's shoes at the time. (Not literally though. I'm sure Drizzt's shoes are probably quite comfy :3)

Anyways, this was really good :D
The Suburban Coyote chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
The first time I've seen Drizzt portrayed as a believable survivor of a barbaric time and place. It shocked me.
BluePhoenix21 chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
SQUEAL! It's so great to see this one posted, I wasn't sure when you'd have it ready. This is SUCH A FANTASTIC little piece!

This is an intimate moment allowing us to view Drizzt's thoughts, and an even more intimate moment to hear what he will share of his past with his child and how he will raise them.

Drizzt met his son's eyes steadily, such mirrors of his own, and yet reflecting the innocence of a childhood that had never been Drizzt's to know. "I remember."

I SO love that line... and the words 'I remember'... yeah, I bet he's remembering a LOT right there, more than his son realizes.

"because I can hardly endure it when you're in pain..."

That just about makes my heart melt... both as a parent and wishing it was MEEE he was thinking of. :p

Love when Drizzt has only to raise his eyebrow to stop his children in their tracks, lol. It sure as hells would stop me too!

This is a great coming-of-age story, so tender, so intense... and shows Drizzt's growth as much as his son's.

Thanks for the nod, I do so love plot bunnies... and I'm so happy for you, your writing is excellent.
Soului chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I love these.

Part of me kind of wishes that the series went in more of this direction, with Drizzt and Cattie-Brie having kids and maybe a little peace, they've certainly earned it. At the very least, I'm a little mad at Salvatore for only giving them a couple of years before eveything went to hell in the Ghost King.

Anyway, now that the mini-rant is over, well done. This is exactly the sort of interaction I could actually see between Drizzt and his children.
alicelouise58 chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
This story illustrates the dilemma of many parents. What's the best way to prepare your children for the world without corrupting them with the worlds' worst elements?

Where is the line for training at proficiency and the extreme boot camp training that Drizzt underwent at Melee Magthere?

Keep up the good work!