Reviews for A Mother's Love
LorelaiSquared chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
You did a lovely job with this story and really captured the characters well. It saddens me that you needed to defend your choices at the end because I think you absolutely made the right ones.

Yes, Alexis is often mature and poised but that doesn't mean that she's immune from hurt or the feeling of abandonment that being forgotten by your mother over and over again would cause. All things considered, Alexis handles it well but that doesn't mean it doesn't affect her and that she wouldn't at some point reach a breaking point like she does her in this story. Insecurity comes in all shapes and forms and I think it's 100% believable that she would feel insecure after being let down by her mother yet again. I love that Kate was able to reassure her and that Castle knew to stand back and let her take this one. Alexis is secure in her father's love for her - that's clearly never been in doubt, but here she really needed reassurance from a mother figure and I'm so glad that Kate was able to give her that.

Thank you for writing this touching piece.
NeekahLordSkimmonsLove chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
aww. beautiful
jahoney chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
I do like this story. The biggest reason I do like it is that I could see this happening in the show. Technically simple, but very well done.
Agent Navy Sailor Gryffindor chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
what would be really cool is if you showed kate going after meredith. but other than that it was good. i would like to see kate stick up for her 'daughter' :)
Princess of Imagination chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
Boooooo Hissss!

Boooooo Meredith! :)

Nice story, good job!
CharleyCarey chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Can't remember if I've reviewed this before but I was just re-reading it so I had to review it. I've been saying for a while that we need more fics with Alexis and Kate at the center of it, so I LOVE this (and this is coming from someone who has a rule about reading one-shots usually)
VIOLET1213 chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
WOW
firefaerie15 chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
great story
thump chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
not that i would condone meredith's actions, but at least she made an effort to take alexis on a trip. i know it's bad to just bail like that but still... argh. now i don't know what to think _
demuredemeanor chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Loved it very sweet. Alexis was completely believable! As were Beckett and Castle! The fact you needed to add those notes for people disappoints me, even if it isn't how 'they' may write it you should remember you stayed true to character (as you believe it, and I do). But you write very well :)
1477166 chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Omg this is so gorgeous! I really want to see some of this on the show :) We need more bonding!