Reviews for The Fall of Duro: A Battle of the Mandalorian Wars
machievelli chapter 1 . 3/10
Posted 16 September 2014, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. Was supposed to be here as well. However I flaked on it. Sorry.

Mandalorian Wars: The Mandalorians attack the planet Duro.

Technical note, Squadron size: While most sci fi writers stick with the standard 12-24 aircraft to a squadron (David Weber for example create six craft squadrons in his Stars at War series) Few call what would be several wings of aircraft a squadron.

Technical note, the 'old fashioned way': I understand the desire to get up close and personal in battle, but disdaining ranged weapons in comparison to hand or melee weapons rarely happens. The Japanese when they did a Banzai charge still fired their rifles until close enough to use the bayonet. Russian and Chinese human wave charges worked by arming half of them, and giving the other half ammunition. The idea being when a man with a rifle fell, you could pick it up and reload. Watch the scene with the charge at the start of Enemy at the Gates. The only group I can think of that did this kind of thing were the plains Indians, and when they did it, they also usually left their target alive.

Your comment that they placed military stations near cities because the enemy would be unwilling to inflict civilian casualties doesn't make sense. There are too many examples of sacks of cities even after they had surrendered. Look at Dresden, one of the cities singled out by Hap Arnold for what he himself described as terror bombing; one of the charges leveled at senior Luftwaffe officers during the Nuremberg Trials as war crimes when they carpet bombed English cities. Or Curtis LeMay who ordered the firebombing of Japanese cities because of their habit of decentralized manufacture of parts for the military.

In my own Genesis of a Jedi, Chapter 16: Kashyyk: Problems upon arrival, I mentioned that in a war against a warrior society, the best way to avoid unnecessary civilian casualties is to relocate defensive systems away from the population. If you only defend targets of military value to you, the civilians, while deserving of some protection, would be less likely to be fired upon.

What you have the Republic doing is using their own populace as human shields, something Saddam did when Clinton suggested leveling all of the Presidential Palaces. He filled them with civilians on the news and dared Clinton to attack. Again, a war crime under modern international law.
Mandalore the freedom chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Interesting story dude it really tells the whole war and it's very enjoyable read keep up the great work dude
Jocasta Silver chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Wow. This is amazing. You really got Carth, and Canderous' characters down perfectly. I like how you used info from the comics, as well as describing the Basilisks.