Reviews for Holography 4: Home is Where the Heart Is
Dee chapter 8 . 4/10
Enjoyed this very much and am happy to see it now completed. I particularly enjoy the interplay between the characters. You keep them true to what was shown in the series and yet expand them into more than was originally portrayed.
Little Bird chapter 8 . 3/23
thank you Pat for finishing this story.
May I say that I hope to be surprised by more postings completing some of your other story lines? I keep coming back to all of them and each time I re-read one of your stories, complete or not, I am amazed anew at the depth and richness of them. I am addicted to your writing and am selfish enough to want more.
Chaero chapter 8 . 3/20
Thanks for posting the final chapter of this story. I am amazed at the ability that you have have to create an entire Vulcan culture. I would love to see The Judgement of Solomon completed. There are so many parts of the that story that I love.
jmvv chapter 8 . 3/19
I'm glad that you posted the last chapter of this story. It is always really nice to have that closure and insight into what is happening with the characters. It's great to see that even at this time Sarek is very concerned about his son and that Amanda is still learning what it means to be a Vulcan male. I like how she has found her "home in Sarek. Thanks for a great story, jmvv
Maaliem chapter 8 . 3/19
Thanks for adding the last chapter . I enjoyed re reading this heartwarming story

Em
ladybrit chapter 8 . 3/18
Thanks for posting that final chapter - great finish to your story.
starfleetdream chapter 8 . 3/17
Such a wonderful treat to read the conclusion to this story right on the heels of "Home is the Sailor"! As other reviewers have said, I love the purely Vulcan POV here that even Amanda struggles to understand. I'm curious to learn what your fanon is about Sarek's fate following Amanda's death, and I love that, while she's still here, he won't even think about it. The way you write these two is such an epic love story.

I also love the post "Amok Time" wrap up among Kirk, McCoy and Spock, and the excellent "Journey to Babel" foreshadowing. Yes, Spock's parents and friends will indeed get to know one another; it just won't be the way it might be expected... And McCoy will get the last word!

I hope you post more Holography and TOS; they are my favorites.
Thank you very much posting the end of this novel. I really enjoyed it the first time around and I'm very happy with the ending. I can't wait for some of your other novels to be completed!
Snorty1 chapter 8 . 3/17
thank you. It was a delight to read this last chapter. I hope you find more "old" chapters of your stories you have forgotten to post. I find myself missing your updates. Your Home novel was wonderful.
Nyotarules chapter 8 . 3/17
Thanks for updating this series, one of the best Vulcancentric stories out there showing warts and all. It took me a while to warm to your version of Sarek since he is so alien which is the whole point lol No wonder not many Terrans marry Vulcans in your AU, the Terran divorce rate would be sky high.
srmacrina chapter 8 . 3/17
As ever the best characterizations of Spock, McCoy, Kirk, Amanda and Sarek anywhere. A wonderful consideration of Amok Time from another viewpoint and an extended time line. One of Ms. Foley's most interesting.
Talktidy chapter 8 . 3/17
Hi,

Ooh, you’ve updated and completed this – sorry, wanted to comment earlier, but life got a little ahead of me.

I think it interesting the way you uncover how, even after more than thirty years of marriage, Sarek and Amanda can still misunderstand each other and be thrown by the alien in each of their natures, how they have to work at their relationship.

I also like that you make a very fallible Amanda. Paragons are such bores.

Clever and nuanced, too, to make Sarek’s apparent insistence that Spock should still take T’Pring to wife derive from Sarek’s own biology – he’s a bonded Vulcan male with a pretty uncompromising outlook that what’s his shall remain his. Spock’s release of a bondmate is incomprehensible to him.

Thank you for this.

Tidy
Nice story. The last chapter sounds familiar, so I'm thinking I read it posted in its entirety at your personal site in the past. Very much enjoy this piece, but kept wanting Spock to find out about Amanda's chattel status, especially when he kept saying that Amanda as a human woman couldn't understand!

One thing I really like about your stories is that Vulcans are much more different. It's not just like they're super-logical and low-emotion humans, but that they come from a totally different culture and have a different way of thinking.

Looking forward to more TOS stories from you!
Lisa Santos chapter 8 . 3/17
Oh Pat...so happy to see that you finally re-posted the final chapter of Home Is Where The Heart Is so very soon...Thank you. I have been looking forward to see the story's resolution. I love your work on Sarek and Amanda so much, making them come alive as always.
I will never tire of saying how excellently you write Star Trek TOS. Hope the muses continue inspiring you to share your great stories with us.
I am not a great reviewer, I am just a huge follower and fan of your writing and stories and an grateful for your kindness in sharing these with us.
Hope all your endeavors are successful and you have the opportunity to enjoy your life too!
WeirdLittleStories chapter 8 . 3/16
Thanks for finishing this one!