Reviews for Holography 4: Home is Where the Heart Is
stroke3times chapter 6 . 7/12
Next to last paragraph, regardless has A typo.

Thanks.
I marvel at how well you portrait Amanda's conflicts with a culture so different of her own. I also like how you manage to give Sarek an alien point of view that yet makes sense.
Just will Spock ever know about his mother s time as chattel?
Thrutheyears chapter 6 . 3/16
Great chapter 6
Jenice chapter 8 . 1/25
just lovely! wow!
Starsmith chapter 8 . 1/19
Apologies in advance because this is really about several of the Holography works, because they are just so interconnected in my mind.

As others have said, I think that the way you make aliens so completely different in a way that it is even hard for me to wrap my head around is amazing. (As many others have said.) And also the threads that follow throughout the stories - fairytales, particularly Hansel and Gretel and the notion of the crew being "at sea."

The characterization is just so fascinating here, and not just how the characters are, but what the characters believe others believe. For example in "A Long Journey" Amanda tells Spock that Sarek loves him, but as of "Home is the Sailor" he says explicitly that he does not. (Unless Sarek does but just does not realize it since he has a hard time understanding love?)

There are also a bunch of things I am still confused about:

Why exactly is it that Sarek insists so that Spock is Vulcan? I know that he believes him to be culturally Vulcan and before he leaves for Starfleet, maybe that would make more sense. But even after Spock has shown that by not just his biology but also his choices that he is human as well, Sarek continues to insist this.

Why is this series named Holography? (I know this is probably answered somewhere, but I have read it piecemeal where I could find it on the internet over the years and don't recall coming across a reason).

Thank you Pat Foley for such an interesting saga.

And if I may be so impertinent, I would be SOOO happy if you even post anything of Holo 7 and 8 please! Even if you don't post the stories leading up to it. It would be lovely to have something of happiness in the lives of these three. How I wish, like McCoy (from "Home is the Sailor"), that all of this could be undone and redone from the start with less pain, especially for Spock.

(And thank you to anyone who answers my questions and/or would like to discuss!)

Best wishes,
Starsmith
kimjo2 chapter 8 . 12/13/2015
Excellent story. Thanks so much
Laurie chapter 8 . 10/9/2014
Wonderful as always! Thank you for this excellent escape.
GWBear chapter 8 . 10/5/2014
Great story... Fills in a lot of detail that even later Star Trek movies never filled.

For a species so very much in need of mates, none of the later movies covered how/when/if Spock ever got married. It's a rather large gap in the canon, which should have been filled in.

Since Paramount appears to have completely abandoned the original timeline of the Star Trek universe, perhaps you could "fill it in" for all of us?

There is so much about Spock's life after the TOS series ends that makes no sense. He's abandoned humans, he 's home, he's in Star Fleet, he's not, he's dead, he's alive... For such a central character, they played very fast and loose with him. A definite flaw...

Then the reboot - and they practically got rid of Vulcans altogether! I'm still ambivalent about that rather harsh butchering of the canon's story line...
madamefaust chapter 8 . 5/12/2014
I've been avoiding this story for ages since the description made me so concerned that Spock was going to actually take T'Pring's family up on their offer - clearly, I should have been braver sooner! As always, beautiful exploration of the dysfunctional family dynamics that feels both so alien and so realistic. I could read about this particular Vulcan family all day, wonderful job as usual! (And I confess I have a lot of trouble coming around to sympathize with T'Pring. I hesitate to say that anyone 'deserves' to be chattel, but what she did was pretty awful by the standards of any culture.)
Dee chapter 8 . 4/10/2014
Enjoyed this very much and am happy to see it now completed. I particularly enjoy the interplay between the characters. You keep them true to what was shown in the series and yet expand them into more than was originally portrayed.
Little Bird chapter 8 . 3/23/2014
thank you Pat for finishing this story.
May I say that I hope to be surprised by more postings completing some of your other story lines? I keep coming back to all of them and each time I re-read one of your stories, complete or not, I am amazed anew at the depth and richness of them. I am addicted to your writing and am selfish enough to want more.
Chaero chapter 8 . 3/20/2014
Thanks for posting the final chapter of this story. I am amazed at the ability that you have have to create an entire Vulcan culture. I would love to see The Judgement of Solomon completed. There are so many parts of the that story that I love.
jmvv chapter 8 . 3/19/2014
I'm glad that you posted the last chapter of this story. It is always really nice to have that closure and insight into what is happening with the characters. It's great to see that even at this time Sarek is very concerned about his son and that Amanda is still learning what it means to be a Vulcan male. I like how she has found her "home in Sarek. Thanks for a great story, jmvv
Maaliem chapter 8 . 3/19/2014
Thanks for adding the last chapter . I enjoyed re reading this heartwarming story

Em
ladybrit chapter 8 . 3/18/2014
Thanks for posting that final chapter - great finish to your story.