Reviews for The Winter Is Warmer
PaulW.VinD.BradP.NickC.ChrisH chapter 1 . 9/23
from the beginning this is out of character. Derek Morgan is way too alpha to allow another man to hit him, and he's FBI BAU for Pete's sakes why wouldn't he pull his gun and tell James to gtfoh like seriously
Guest chapter 9 . 10/28/2015
So is that the end
Gubefan1980 chapter 9 . 9/6/2015
I found that I did read this, actually almost a year ago to the day, so I'm sorry I didn't comment on every chapter, and I just realized you updated shortly after I read it. this is a sad, tragic, yet beautiful story. I think it says so much about Reid that he made it clear that he would only go as far as Morgan was able to in their relationship as Morgan was comfortable with. I had a feeling that that slimey piece of shit James wasn't done yet. Derek didn't go out with him after he said he would, and James realized he had no hold on him, so he retaliated with arson, I would say he did it just to destroy his property, but he doesn't know Derek doesn't live there anymore, maybe he half hoped to kill Derek. I plan to put this on my WIP list and hopefully you get a chance to update this again. I hate reading it because of all the angst, the men have enough angst in their RL both past and in their jobs, that I'm not big on reading angst but I'm glad I started this.
Gubefan1980 chapter 1 . 9/6/2015
I read this on another site and thought I reviewed it, I should go back and ck again, this is so incredibly sad, and a dirty secret in the gay community that abusers exist there too. Very tragic that it appears he is in love with Spencer but for some reason cannot admit that to him.
bobdog54 chapter 9 . 7/24/2015
Excellent story. I was completely immersed in the details and the emotions both terrifying and happy.

I would be so happy to read more of this if your muse should so lead you. You showed such insight and compassion for Morgan and for Reid throughout.

emilyroleplay1 chapter 9 . 7/5/2015
you are not rayne. omg.i apologize. but as I said before you are amazing l. this was perfect
emilyroleplay1 chapter 9 . 7/5/2015
Rayne, ik I keep saying this but you are amazing. This story, this beautiful amazing story is so important and compelling. Now, I don't know how you do it. But you have managed to bring me to tears. don't worry I'm totally fine. This story has helped me plan out this play my theatre club and I said we were going to do at the end of the year about abusive relationships. I won't steal, I totally promise but I will give credit that you were one of my inspirations. But back to the story. You brought up issues that many people are scared to talk about. In situations like this that happen to males, it happens to take a jab at their masculinity. They start to question whether they are a "real man" and are embarrassed because they believe that they no longer are. and this is because when boys grow up, they are put into this "man box" Also, abuse can happen to anyone. and it's sad that the statistics on male on male abuse is so scarce and people feel they don't have outlets. look I don't even know if I'm phrasing my words correctly but this is an absolute work of art. I can't wait to see what you have in store
veronicka chapter 9 . 5/3/2015
Great, great story.
Not only does this story deals with the pain that someone goes through in life but it shows that even a person who want through the abuse (Gay or not) that he or she can overcome this terrible ordeal, and that's what i love about this, that it wasn't just a fanfiction yaoi between Dereck and Spencer, no it had every detail on how domastic abuse can really affect a person's mind and how they are able to recover from that. The other good thing is that you maybe had help one or more people who goes through domastic abuse understand that it's never too late to give up hope in becoming strong enough to fight the inevitable and go on to find someone out there who is truly there for that person and that won't hurt him or her.
So thank you for making this story and inspiring others to have faith and hope on their side to move on from the things that hurt them and believe in themselves. :)
Please update when you can.
carolyn.holloway3 chapter 9 . 3/29/2015
I wanted to comment on how much I have enjoyed this story and am glad to see the perspective of Reid being able to take care of Morgan. I know you said this story is hard for you to write that it has triggers for you and I am sorry if something similar has happened to you. I look forward to you continuing this story and wish that everyone was aware that this really can happen to anyone and that it is not that persons fault.
Casper97 chapter 9 . 12/14/2014
Are you going to finishh ?
Specs2000 chapter 9 . 12/6/2014
Really love this story. I'm a sucker for Reid and Morgan love stories. Hope you continue and complete this soon! Great writing!
kurosakiami01 chapter 9 . 11/16/2014
Angst. So much angst! My chest hurt and it was difficult to breathe and I almost, almost cried when I was reading chapter 2 and I barely held the tears because I had more chapters waiting for me. If there weren't, I'd pobably have. Cried, I mean. Like, really cry.

And then things started to go better, and better. Healing slowly, they ended up together. And now that... horrendous... excuse of a man appeared again. I knew he would, I mean, it was pretty obvious. But, anyway, I kinda expected he didn't.

I just... hope that everything turn out alright.

I'll be waiting for next chapter!
naro94 chapter 9 . 11/9/2014
This is such a beautiful story! I just read it all again and I would love to see more
glassstained chapter 9 . 11/6/2014
Hi...
I have to say that your fic is amazing. I started reading because Derek is in a vulnerable condition, and this is something different. Because usually those who are always in this position is Spencer. But read over the chapters I have gone through an emotional roller coaster. I always love these strong and controversial topics that most people run them. I think because of my personal experience, these issues do not haunt me. Of course my experience is anything like the theme presented in the fic (rape) but emotional trauma, I understand well because I live with them until today.
You're a psychologist or therapist or something? because part of the story where Derek first conversation with the therapist left me open-mouthed. So that was perfect. The part where Derek says "not worth it" "it's broken" "it can not be repaired" "everything it needs to be fixed" I had to stop reading because the tears would not stop flowing. I cried because that's how I feel all the time.
But as much as this story with mess old feelings that are hidden inside of me I can not find the courage to stop reading. Now let's talk about Spencer. How a human being can be so wonderful and understanding and everything nice. how he deals with Derek from the beginning is very beautiful. He puts the Morgan upon your needs, pacientimente he hopes he does not mind the rude and crude way that Morgan behaves with him sometimes. He is always there.
I must say that the way you make him climb the relationship is perfect. No rush, no afobamento pressure. And all so delicate and romantic to me envying Derek that time.

After reading all the chapters at once I must say I am waiting for the time for new updates to this beautiful story. I understand that writing it should not be something easy, because of the emotional content that it requires, but take your time because I will be here waiting for sure.

I apologize if my English comes out weird or errors. It is not my native language so sorry
sfmbabygirl chapter 9 . 11/4/2014
Hope that derek gets justice