Reviews for Ghosts
palomino333 chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
I find it interesting that GLaDOS is aware of her own ability to be dynamic. It's much more of a link to humanity, something which I know she despises.

Intellectually, machines are in a constant flux, with new information being received day in and day out. To ask a machine to actually learn by finding its own meaning in the situations and contexts, some beyond its power to solve, and others not so much, is out of reach at this point of time for mankind. They simply can't "think" like a human can.

As you have pointed out, however, GLaDOS is much different. She has experienced what it is like to be essentially useless (if only for a little while), and what it means to have to rely on someone else for help. It's companionship, albeit strained, but still companionship, nonetheless. Granted, we can all gather that GLaDOS would probably much rather have remained as queen of her testing domain, with Chell roasting in the incinerator, and Test Subject #2 rolling fresh off the line in her place, but that was not the case. Change was inevitable, and as long as she has the capacity to acknowledge it, she inevitably will, whether she wishes to, or not.
Righteousham chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
As a character study this piece succeeds brilliantly. it's refreshing to read a story in which the central focus isn't on a Clingy, angst-filled, co-dependent romance. As with all your other stories that I have reviewed you show a impressive technical knowledge of writing and story flow/structure. As such all of your stories are quite easy to read and immerse oneself in. On a personal note, I am not one to usually review stories such as yours do to the level of competence you show in your craft. To review all your stories I would simply end up repeating myself. However, as you have so few reviews (that's a shame by the way) I end up feeling guilty for enjoying your stories so and not leaving anything in return. Keep up the good work.
Angellbaby chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
BRILLIANT! :D I love how you portray GLaDOS as living, just with computer qualities, and how she is learning that maybe feeling things isn't so bad after all.

And the I, Robot reference too. I love that movie. XD
infinityphoenix chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
I think that this is exactly what happened. Well written and well done.
Mystic 777 chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
GLaTATO... (Cracks up) That is a fitting name for her form. I think you made a good case for GLaDOS' change... I guess the scientists never would have thought of putting her in a potato to give her morality. Nice piece, the quote at the start was a nice touch as well.
o chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Well done
Name chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
This was a good story. :)

I believe that GLaDOS didn't deelte Caroline too...
The Mad Maiden chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Brilliant story. I really liked your insight into GLaDOS's thoughts.

Thanks for such a great story. :)