Reviews for Stronger
ImmortalMerc chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
That was very well written. I would have reacted similar to Super Boy in that situation. Guess it's a good thing he didn't have ALL of Super Man's powers
Pinky-chan2 chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Very well written.
Ansa88 chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
omigosh...simply beautiful. and superboy, that's EXACTLY what i think about a ton of problems in this messed up world.
Fangirl-Shenanigans chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
I have to agree with Batman. Superman cares more about the populace, while Superboy is more like Batman, he cares about the individual. That and Connor is adorable without meaning to be XD.

This had a good amount of detail though I think your paragraphs could be a little bit longer. Maybe 3-4 sentences a paragraph?
AnicomicQueen chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Oh boy that one was full of angst...I luv angst. I think you did a real nice job of it.

Oh and if ya don't mind my asking, what's all this about a challenge forum? Do I need to sign up or can anyone go on it?
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Nice one shot, which addresses the question of why is there evil in the world and what can we do about it?

And then there is Superboy, who at this point in the show is still struggling with figuring out who he really is, that he's more than just a clone of Kal-El.
DreamRabbit chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Wow.

This is a very pure, very moving, and wonderfully written character piece. I can't remember the last time I read something that left me feeling so moved. I hardly know where to begin.

Okay. The opening was amazing. A perfect start to a perfect story. It was attention-grabbing, eye-catching and so powerful. You can really feel Superboy's anger, from those first few paragraphs, and there is a real open-hearted honesty in his rage here. We are watching Superboy deal with loss and grief for the first time, and it's a powerful, tragic, even frightening thing, but very human and very real. You handle it all so well, juggling the emotions perfectly.

Your descriptions could not have been better. There was never too little, so as to leave us unsatisfied, and never so so much as to slow down the story, it was always exactly right. Amazing. And you kept the pace and tone truly consistent too, I really felt as though I was watching Superboy have to relive the moment over and over.

You always write Superboy superbly, and this is no exception. His characterisation is completely flawless throughout. I found myself truly feeling for him, and when you moved towards the end, his first line to Batman just left me stunned with how well chosen and insightful it was. And then Batman's reply? Again. It was just- It was perfect. No other word to describe it. Perfect. Their whole exchange was wonderful. I couldn't find a better way to sum up those two characters if I tried for a year. Outstanding.

Oh, one more thing. I thought it was both a good touch, and extremely fitting for Batman to give Superboy the Teddy Bear. As a man whose whole life is in some-ways a memorial to grief and loss, I can see him doing that. He carries his losses with him. I think he would think it only right and proper that Superboy do the same.

A truly breathtaking piece of writing.

~ DrRa
Jimmy Candlestick chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Aw! I love Batman...good story. I love how you handled the content.
just-O chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Oh you made me cringe. So angsty, but SO good. Loved the emotional distress from Superboy. Great ending too with the teddy. Fabulous job my dear. Blew the challenge out of the park. Thanks for writing this.
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
AW! *U* This is SO SAD, but SO AMAZING! *U* Rock on! Absolutely gorgeous! *U* *U* Rock on! Beautiful, tragic work! I LOVED Bats' comfort! *U* Rock on! Can't wait for more from you! *U*