Reviews for You're The Reason I Come Home
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Sad and sweet. Poor Leonard!
5Mississippis chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Crying ... crying ... crying! That was so sad! Poor Leonard! I think you absolutely captured his emotionally neglected childhood with Mitzi truly being the only living thing Leonard felt loved by! That was so sad! Beautifully written!
AngelBornOfHell chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
wait. explain please. WHY was mitzy put to sleep? cuz OMG that was such a heart-warming story...and then...no more mitzy...
keaneplay chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Loved this story, personally I think this is one of your best yet. Since the show didn't really go into much detail on Mitzy it was easy to just pass by on how important the relationship between the two of them would have been in the past.

I'm guessing you took some inspiration for Leonard/Mitzy's relationship from your own experiences? Mitzy truly was a wonderful friend to Leonard, makes you smile how much trust existed between the two of them :)

Will make me think twice when I watch the old episode again, as the first time I watched it, the whole 'Mitzy's dead?' moment sort of passed me by - that makes me sound so horrible, doesn't it? :O
Bimrin chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Probably the saddest of your stories that I have read. I am a huge animal lover and this story really resonates with me.
CountryGrl chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Awr, noes :( This was so so cute, poor little!Leonard... Beverly was really well written, I thought, her usual tactless, robotic self... Now whenever I watch TMC I'm going to think of this fic and be even sadder at the "MITZY'S DEAD?" line...thanks :P
allieisrandom chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Awww I can totally picture the things in your stories. So sad :(
amtrak12 chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
I totally think you captured Leonard's relationship with/need for Mitzy in this piece. Which is so funny since we only heard of Mitzy when his mother off-handedly mentioned her death. Incredible how you managed to pull a whole character out of that line! I loved the bit where he was picking out the puppy. It was like Mitzy chose him! :D So cute! And Leonard returning home and talking to her about Penny! 3 And then you had to break my heart with the last line :( Which really I guess the show broke my heart first but now I feel like I know Mitzy so I'm actually crushed :(
twowritehands chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Awe! Adorable and heartwrenching!
WallofWeird chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Very believable.

I'm an animal lover and I love dogs, but since my dog died I haven't been able to read too much about too many fictional dogs. (How close Leonard was to Mitzy and the way he talked to her like she was a real person and could understand everything he was saying was similar to the way I was with my dog.)

When I saw the episode where Leonard finds out Mitzy died, I could understand why his dog's death as well as the fact no one told him about it, made him so upset but I didn't give it much thought.

But after reading this, you seem to have a real understanding of the type of character Leonard is as well as how an upbringing like that can effect different people.

"No, Mother. It's fine." It was more than fine. Leonard picked up the puppy and she wiggled close, lifting her head to sniff his chin. He knew sixteen was too old to be this excited about a puppy, but he didn't care. He'd never had anything behave that affectionately towards him, and he'd known this little dog for less than ten minutes.

All over this seems to be very well-thought out. Well done.
minor-thing chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Hahaha, I don't even remember Beverly ever mentioning that Leonard had a dog.. such a sweet surprise.

Super cute, loved the time lapses!
Myriamj chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Aawww...it's very cute.

The history is credible. I love it.
ennaxxor chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
So I already told you, but to say it again, I LOVED this! It's basically exactly what I had in mind when I said someone needed to write Leonard/Mitzy, so I'm so glad you did. And it made me cry, so yeah, fantastic!
deleted account 88 chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Awww, I loved this. I was saying the word "awww" pretty much from the moment I read the title. I loved everything about this fic. Leonard teaching Mitzy tricks, and how he would have conversations with her like she was a real person. And how he discussed Penny with her. :D That last sentence made me sad though. But, overall, a great fic.

One thing though: "Fine. We can get a puppy. But not one of those Maltese or Cavaliers. If you want a dog, you're getting a real one. Not some toy that the celebrities dreamed up." ...I have a Maltese. ;)
TheCircleGame chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
I'm so glad you were able to get this up tonight! The ending to this totally made me tear up. :( Which I wasn't expecting at all, but those last two lines... gah. Poor Leonard. And the whole, you're the reason I come home thing? I was thinking along the EXACT same lines.

This is totally my canon now for Leonard and Mitzy. Perfect.