Reviews for Thanks to a Snake
God of the Challenge chapter 32 . 4/8
mad IS more English, you know, like the English.
God of the Challenge chapter 24 . 4/8
Can you feel, the love tonight, the peace the evening brings!
God of the Challenge chapter 3 . 4/3
damn. you covered most of book one in 3 chapters. that's impressive.
Noble Korhedron chapter 2 . 3/31
If by "wife beater", you mean the piece of clothing, I think over here it's just a nickname for certain leather jackets...

RE the chapter, I think Snape is being a bit harsh, but probably with good reason. Maybe he should've brought in Pomfrey to help with this...?
Star Rose0 chapter 16 . 3/30
In response to your A/N.
I cannot judge your grammar however I can judge your spelling... if it can be called that.
You have a bad habit of putting the wrong word down, 'lock' instead of 'look' for example, or you miss words which make reading difficult because the sentences make no sense.
Since it has been so long I really don't expect a reply.
missgsmith51 chapter 45 . 3/28
What about Millie for a beater or keeper? She's pretty solid, and I'll bet she could work that beater bat. Maybe the twins could tutor her for a few weeks. If she's not fast enough for a beater, how about a keeper?

Why not Theo or Blaise for a chaser? What about Astoria? Is she into Quidditch at all? I could see her as a chaser, and I'd imagine she would love sending Bludgers to her opponents' heads, as well!
Flying Dice chapter 1 . 3/25
It's okay folks, you don't need to read this. I know it might have been strange reading yet another Harry Stu fic where the writing is passable for a literate teenaged author rather than utterly atrocious, but don't be fooled, it still manages to hit all of the predictable, stale tropes square on the head.

Dursleys more abusive than in canon for cheap sympathy points/because the author gets off on child abuse? Check. Harry suddenly and inexplicably undergoes a dramatic shift in personality, including a loss of any component of his moral compass which doesn't qualify as 'cool'? Check. Immediately gets a super-duper-better-than-Hedwig pet which also manages to make no sense in the context of the series' magic? Goblins are super-friendly and helpful because Harry doesn't treat them like shit? Vast Potter fortune and emancipation granted quickly and easily because obviously Dumbles was a manipulative bastard trying to keep a good Potter down? Check, check, and checkerino.

What's this? A pileup of meaningless wealth and absurdly convenient things? The old "Welcome to your Stufic, enjoy the complementary bag of holding and marriage contract with a non-ginger pureblood hottie!" schitck? Complete and easy loophole out of the underaged magic restrictions? Have your house ring and hide it too? Fanon Potter manor not only intact and yours but easily accessible? Boring old Harry no more, time for H- McCoolname! Time for another round of checks!

Though I admit, this is the first time I've seen a story where the author was so eager to spew their Cool all over Harry that they gave goblins wizard magic solely for the purpose of filling the hole in the scenery shaped like 'helpful luggage store clerk'.

Honestly I'm rather impressed at how thoroughly you managed to pack all of the old "OMG INDIE HARRY 2 KOOL 4 U" shit into such a compact package. All of that was dredged from less than a third of the first dubiously-labeled "chapter" (seriously, I've read shorter novellas, though I'll refrain from commenting too much on how many of them pack more interesting content into a single sentence than you do into howevermany thousand words this is), and I undoubtedly missed quite a bit. Bra-vo. At least it was only bland rather than painful to read (speaking mechanically, rather than in terms of the plot), so congrats for that I suppose?
Digitize27 chapter 45 . 3/24
Your American influence was noticeably heavy on this chapter.
Digitize27 chapter 42 . 3/24
Didn't keep to the tradition of naming Black children after constellations then?
Digitize27 chapter 34 . 3/23
Hah, it made me chuckle thinking of Tonk's knowing where to get a tattoo. If she wanted one, then she'd just give herself one; Metamorphmagus ya' know...
Digitize27 chapter 22 . 3/22
Aaaaaand another feint, seriously it's just repetitive at this point
Digitize27 chapter 17 . 3/22
Wow... really? Another Wronski feint? Teach Harry a new Quidditch move because that's the second time Cho's fallen for it and like the fourth time Harry's used it to win.
Digitize27 chapter 14 . 3/22
I don't really see why Lupin jumped in front of Harry; you didn't mention him freezing, or even attempting the charm (or a Patronus). Seemed a bit presumptuous and only there because it was in the books.
Digitize27 chapter 11 . 3/22
It seems a little... lazy that despite all the changes you make, the school year is happening the exact same way (Even the Quidditch match was identical)
Digitize27 chapter 6 . 3/21
FYI 'Shite' isn't very English; very Irish though.
2,607 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »