Reviews for An Ace Brewer
Fenris Jin chapter 1 . 2/28
An asexual Severus is adorable.. XD

I love the whole groping thing. Although I think Bellatrix should be wholly blamed for Severus' dislike of touchy feely people. XD

Playing possum! I think that was my second favorite part. XD
luvtheheaven chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
This was great! ;) I really enjoyed your writing style. Thanks for letting me know you'd written it. I totally see the Harry Potter series as a whole very fitting with aromanticsm and asexuality, because none of the characters are ever very obviously sexually frustrated lol. I mean maybe some more than others but Snape here is a fine example of one where you really don't have to... twist much of anything at all, in your mind... for him being asexual to just make sense.
Leobrightstar chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
ilyena damodred chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
I kind of like it. )
Domna chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Yaeh, spot on description of an asexual in a sexual world! The part about the words "attractive" and "sexy" made me smile in recognition... I tried explaining the difference once to a sexual friend... havent tried again since...
LastScorpion chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Nice ficlet! I enjoyed reading it. chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
I like the way this Snape is so very at peace with himself and his past(especially when compared to canon).
Schwertlilie81 chapter 1 . 4/23/2011

That's a great approach on the endless speculations about possible relationships of Severus Snape and where he may have disappeared to after the Nagini Incident.

It's all in all very preferable to "The Epilogue"
Katsuko1978 chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
This story? Just wonderful. It's very (VERY) difficult to find stories featuring asexual characters if only because people still have trouble accepting that asexual people aren't mentally ill or don't have something wrong with them or just haven't found "The One" yet (and believe me, I've heard the "you just haven't found the right person" argument a million times from my own parents).

As an ace, I have to thank you for portraying the thoughts and feelings in a manner that I'm fully intimate with, and note one more time that I utterly love the fic. Thank you for writing this.
duj chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Of course Dumbledore got it. He's about as Ace (in that way) as one can possibly be. (One flirtation that ended badly turned him off love for life? Please!)

I don't really see Snape that way, though. Not because of the Lily-thing - that could have been brotherly love-guilt-remorse - but I just didn't get that vibe. Canon really offers no clues either way. We only ever see him in situations where his sexuality is a non-issue.
AzarDarkstar chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Thank you for this fic. This is something that happens in real life but is so very rarely addressed. Of all the HP characters, I can very realistically see Severus as asexual. Yes, I can also see him being in love with Lily, which is canon I suppose. But I can also see that love of a more platonic nature than assumed by everyone.