Reviews for Is Draco Malfoy a Git?
HalfASlug chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
I read this AGES ago on MNFF and thought it was about time I reviewed.

This fic is clever, interesting and, above all, hilarious. Hermione and Ginny's sections were particularly brilliant, as was the subtle *cough* poke at Dramione. Thank you for this fun play on the English language and what we have done to it :)
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Oh, you really are a git! Fancy leaving us hanging like this! But of course, that was your plan all along, wasn't it?

This was so clever and your language was brilliant. Your names were very witty (I especially loved Mr Scrote. I imagine that also refers to the male genitalia, so how apt that a S*****m is defending a b*****d!

And not only is Malfoy a b*****d, he also suffers from delusions, or else he is an oput and out liar. (But we know this anyway, don't we?)

I loved Ginny's testimony in particular, that was so clever. (We expect Hermione to be clever, so it was nice to see someone else get some credit).

You also had me reaching for the dictionary. I had never heard the word 'embonpoint' before, and I find it hilarious that the judge actually mentioned that particular attribute of Miss Golightly's. Seemingly, he enjoyed Ron's counsel's arguments more than her learned colleague's.

It is amazing to me that one little 3 letter word could lead to a trial (by jury, no less) that lasted more than a week! Only a Malfoy would have the bare-faced nerve.

Very entertaining, Neil, thank you.

Lesley
Ms. Toujours Pur chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Daft is right. It was very amusing.

Great story though,

Iz~
Poohdog chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
I really liked your story. It's a rather different style than usual and you pulled it off well. And I have to say the names were amusing as well (Ms. Golightly, ect)
MeWombat chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
It's not daft! It's brilliant! Awesome court scene. the Wombat
RagnarBlackmane chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Mr. Malfoy has proved with his behaviour to be a Git. As such, Mr. Weasley's words where a simple statement.

Not guilty!

(I have spent about 5 hours reading many of your stories, they are are all great :D)
smkffnut chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
My goodness! You certainly exercised your none-too-shabby vocabulary with this one! I was laughing so hard my husband came in to find out just what was so funny! There are 5 lawyers in my family, so I particularly enjoyed both sides' counsel... I just have one question... WHAT WAS THE VERDICT? I cannot believe you left us hanging! Thanks for sharing your acerbic wit and Thanks for writing!
Tigers and Dragons chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
On the contrary, this story has a high level of intelligence and it is obvious that quite a lot of effort has gone into it. I smiled, I laughed. It was most enjoyable.
The Breeze chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Under American - rather than British - law, it would be amazing if a case like this ever made it past the preliminary phase, as the combination of the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution and the prevailing case law in Sullivan v. New York Times sets a very high bar indeed to bring a libel or slander action - basically, words that express a personal opinion are perfectly acceptable, and not only must libel be specific (generally based on verifiable false statements, not subjection negative opinions), but furthermore be made maliciously and have demonstrated actual harm. A newspaper, for example, could print absolutely false statements about a person, and as long as the newspaper believed the story was accurate and did not print it maliciously, it would be protected from a libel action.

However, this seemingly greater freedom has a drawback - were this high standard of protected free speech be present in England, a nation that regrettably tends to go a bit overboard in trying to legislate tact and preventing "hurt feelings", we would be spared the sheer brilliance of Mr. Justice Woolley's profound ramblings, as transcribed by yourself.
Riverwind chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
What a wonderful little story, and to answer the question yes Ron libeled him, and yes he is a git, so award the verdict to Malfoy and give him a half-penny which is worth even less then a knut. Its a win win except Ron would most likely object to the outrageous amount.

Thanks for the story,

River
Paintergirl98 chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
WOW... How did you manage to come up with this good a concept? I mean... this is amazing... you made me laugh so hard I fell off of my chair! Really good work! :)
Oracle2Phoenix chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
I feel someone needs to say it:

Is Draco Malfoy a Git?

Love your Stories
HM chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Very good story. Made me laugh! But, isn't the wizard's court system called Wizengamot? Aren't the trials conducted before the Wizengamot as given in the books 4, 5 & 7? Considering the small size of the British magical population, I don't think random jury selection from common wizards and witches will work.
blisss chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
This is very clever! Loved reading it. Hermione and Ginny seemed very well written especially, I would love to see this portrayed by actors. If only things like that happened...
rebecka chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
It may be simply daft, but it is also simply funny:)

Thank you!