Reviews for The King's Garfield
Guest chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
*Reader stares in total shock at the computer screen wondering if there really is a suitable emotion for what she has just read.* Now I've read some bizarre fanfiction during my time on but this story is just... WTF!
Sergeant Daniel chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
I read this story and it just blew my mind. I never knew that there was a awesome fic just clicks away. I really loved this fic. It was full of awesomeness. Keep up the good work:D

P.S. I want that lasagna button.
lilpurplebird chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
I have no idea if this is a troll fic or not, but this is full of awesome. Fan Fiction Friday said so.
Harley chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
This is the best goddamn thing I have ever read. You have to write more. I love you.
AMAKOOOOO chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
I...

It...

He...

What.

Just what.

I literally have no idea what I just read.
Jasonbobdude chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
This is really a triumph for the entire concept of fanfiction as a whole. The compelling plot, expert characterization, and truly inspiring message of hope propel this work to a level above any that has been reached before, except perhaps Gurren Jesus, which was written by a god.

The combined efforts of Queen Helena Bonham Carter and Garfield to help King George VI overcome his difficulty displayed amazing depth of character. The unexpected twist of Lionel Logue's secret identity as a Nazi spy added a sense of urgency, showing that even those closest to us may turn out to be our greatest enemies.

Garfield's words to the king - "no pain, no gain" - are an insightful and original look at the themes of the entire work. One does not overcome a great weakness without difficulty. Garfield may seem harsh when he insists that King George VI perform such seemingly impossible tasks as catching a bullet in his teeth, but it is out of his concern for the future of Britain.

The romantic subplot between Queen Helena Bonham Carter and Garfield, while decried by some critics as a tacked-on addition, really added a whole new dimension to the work as a whole. Our hero, King George VI, is not perfect. Even with Garfield's help, he will never be able to properly satisfy Queen Helena Bonham Carter in the bedroom. This also provides a motive for Garfield to help the King - he is not simply a noble figure, but seeks lasagna and sexual gratification. I would not say he is ignoble, but instead remarkably human (despite being a cat).

Your villain, Hitler, also manages to be an amazingly multifaceted personality. He is not simply the stereotypical evil villain, but honestly believes he is working towards the good of all. He serves as a foil to Garfield - while Garfield seeks to protect Britain through methods of speech training and inspiration, Hitler is furthering the goals of his Nazi Germany by planting mind control devices on King George VI's crown and creating a Nazi doppelganger of Neville Chamberlain. The two work towards seemingly different goals, but in reality they are not so different from one another.

The tense final scene was impeccably conceived. Garfield's line "BOMB VOYAGE" is a clever play on a French saying. He knows that the Nazi Zeppelin is German, but shows a total disregard for their culture. This demonstrates how he and Hitler are destined to never see eye-to-eye - and it is confirmed that his rivalry with Hitler continues after the end of the story. The audience is left to wonder - is Garfield's dedication to killing Nazis justified? Is it the best way to secure peace for Britain? And what language will he use when delivering a one-liner upon inevitably killing Hitler?

Shakespeare Hemmingway has not only managed to outdo both his dual literary namesakes, but the Oscar-winning original film that his work takes inspiration from. I leave fanfiction,net today inspired to "destroy the boundaries of [my] limitations" as the final line urges the audience to do.
Ralph Jr chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
"Hitler quivered with trembling and cried eyes out at the horror for he knew his time was ending near by Garfield's hands of manly power."

Will you marry me?
Yuck chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
What the fuck is this? I'd rather look at a turd in a bowl then read another sentence of this.
Parsat chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I think the boundaries of reality were destroyed by this...
Angelica chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
This was the most WTF story I have ever read in my life. I laughed. I cried. I vomited rivers of bile. Seriously. You can find said bile river flowing in the backwaters of Ohio now.

Your grammar needs work. The story line overall was... um... interesting. It should be required reading for those just starting out with writing fanfiction. You don't get much more out there than Garfield burning Nazis with a cigar.

As a comprehensive story of mystery and intrigue, I give this 3/10.

As a stand alone testament of your decline into madness, I give this a 10/10.

Good work. Keep the crazy coming.
Jelly pin chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
...This should be rated M. Not because of those references, but because no child can comprehend the majesty of this story!

It's like a slightly hurting shell to the teeth from the manly Garfield's desert eagle of much power fury. I should take up fic writing...