Reviews for Growing Pains
moop chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
ooh now i get to see Lutecia's side of things (or a possible version).

it's good to know your still alive somewhere and still writing
Tear of Light chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Another wonderful one-shot! You had be laughing at the ending. Well done!
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
All in all, a nice fic. A little sweetness, a little humor, a touch of angst, a step in the right direction in Lutecia's character progression post-"Sunrise and Shadows"-arc. I like it! Lutecia's love for Cherry Coke is starting to move past "character tag" to "running joke" (to the point where I immediately think of Lutecia whenever I see Cherry Coke in a drink case at the local store)...no doubt this is why she's willing to fight to help Earth become an Administered World in syna's 'Verse stories, so she can get the stuff into the regular channels of commerce!

(Heh, too, when Victor said "put you on the couch" I assumed he meant in the Exiled to the Couch sense...indeed, he probably *did* mean it that way...only Lutecia seemed to take it quite differently!)

On a more serious note, I must say that I am enheartened to see that this Lutecia is getting the therapy that her earlier self has shown time and again that she so desperately needs. It's a nice aversion of the cliche, both that she's taking realistic steps in the right direction and that she's actually willing to open herself up to someone. I assume Vivio had a lot to do with urging her that way; perhaps we'll see some of that in the "present-day" stories...
jai-kun chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
The story in and of itself was well written and, as usual for you, engaging without being over the top while explore what would otherwise be mundane emotions (They got into a fight and will probably recover is usually not high drama, nor did you treat it as such, but it was well done). It matched the counterpart by DezoPenguin beautifully, and having read both I got the satisfaction of knowing if one knew what the other was saying, the fight would be a mere memory.

The end was sheer brilliance and made me laugh out loud. :D