Reviews for With Love, From Balamb
ff chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
This is brilliant! I sympathized with Zell's Ma! Those SeeDs could be asses lol! Welldone though! I luv how you format your story!
Bluegoat chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
This was an excellent one-shot. Everyone has had to go through some stupid system like this before, but not necessarily for such an important reason. This is unique and well-written, thanks a bunch.
freak.on.a.leash.13 chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
I love the style you wrote this. It reminds me of all the hassle of paperwork for college, (minus the life and death and missing person part, all that ever went missing was my transcript) I was afraid that Zell was going to turn up dead there for a minute or two, and I love the end.
Velkyn Karma chapter 1 . 12/12/2007
Reminds me of dealing with college financial aid offices...but at least my life isn't on the line.

We don't even get to figure out what this mission was? Well, I suppose that's classified...meh.

Interesting format, but I loved it all the same. It reminds me of communicating with my own family as well, and even through Ma Dincht's formal letters I can still see her worry for her poor son. She cares so much about Zell...and you can tell!

Very, very nice. I enjoyed it a lot!

Velkyn Karma
Mr. Shishio chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Ack, bureacracy!

Before I read this, I wasn't sure what was meant by the humor/angst genres. But now I think I get it. Because I almost cried and laughed out loud multiple times while reading this.

Very well-written, stylistically.

The ending is so ironic.
LadyTwist chapter 1 . 5/23/2006
Okay, so I know this is an old fic. I'm fairly sure I've dealt with Mr. J. Daneken. Didn't he run the financial aid department for a community college?

Nicely done! Bureaucracy is such a pain!
wellduh chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
...O_o Ack. I feel a headache coming on... great work.
Verdanii chapter 1 . 9/21/2004
Okay, at first, the woman was cute and sweet, but later, she was just downright SCARY!

Really great fic.
Lanfir Leah chapter 1 . 11/23/2003
Poor ms Dincht... that Daneken guy must have driven her up the walls in despair!

Glad it turned out alright... heh... a week later she gets the details of the mission! Pity you didnt show those, but otherwise, brilliant fic!
Phuq chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
Funniest. Fanfiction. EVER!

I am reminded of Catch-22.

Score: Chocolate-covered cotton balls.
Kitian chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
Where in the world *do* you get all these original ideas? I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be laughing, worried, or angry throughout this whole thing until the very end. The suspense was great, and the exchange of letters was realistic and entertaining. Even in such small amounts of text, the personality of the characters shone through.
Siachi chapter 1 . 12/18/2002
Laughter!
Ethrial chapter 1 . 12/11/2002
That. Was. Brilliant. Amazing. Poignant. _

I demand you get yourself published. NOW! _O
LibraryGirl chapter 1 . 9/14/2002
Wow! That was cool. All that worrying over Zell, and he turned out to be okay. I thought he was going to be reported Killed in Action. Dude...I liked the suspense factor! Soooo cool. Keep up the good work! _

jess
Caterchipillar chapter 1 . 7/24/2002
I have never found myself so keenly interested in someone's letters before. Especially if it concerns something of confidential matter, perhaps the SeeD Mission records you so nicely kept discontinued? But then again, it would've been best, since I certainly don't want Mrs. Dincht to be prosecuted just to feed my curiosity. Very well crafted indeed! Your talent puts us all to shame.