Reviews for The Devil's Deception
Nada1224 chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
Welp, I read this. Took me a bit since it is a long one-shot, but I managed to reach the end.

I'm pleased.

I re-watched the first movie last week (thanks to having seen the second movie two weeks before) and I noticed a lot of inconsistencies in the movie (stuff I seemed to have glazed over the first time I watched it). It irked me for a while, most of it pertained to the Decepticons and their random irrational hatred for humanity. (Like seriously, how long have Starscream, Barricade, Frenzy and the like been on that planet anyway? And why did Megatron hate humanity so much if he was lodged in ANTARCTICA for thousands of years and had no contact with humanity up until his first discovery?)

Er, anyway, back to the point. So after reading this, a lot of my burning questions seem to be appeased. I'm usually the type of person to believe that there's a reason for everything (I am a Psychology major after all) so I can easily believe this idea that Megatron did what he did for his brother. It just fits perfectly. I don't get the impression that he's psychotic, not really. Even Voldemort had a reason for doing what he did, so why not Megatron?

On a slightly related topic, I'm glad that you wrote about his imprisonment in ice and how he was still aware from time to time. That one plot hole seriously irked me in the movie so after reading this, I can easily believe that, ok, perhaps he was aware of his solitude and that actually does give him a legit reason to hate humanity after what Sector Seven did. (And then the whole thing with Optimus fighting for the humans and stuff)

In all, this is great. It fits so well into the universe and it makes me really sad knowing that it's unofficial because it was fan written. Such a shame, it's stories like this that make characters real.

Excellent work!
Rebeldynasty chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
You did beautifully. Your character development was riveting; I could feel the inner conflict, the sorrow, the regret, everything!

Though it isn't difficult to do, you most definitely surpassed Michael Bay's skills. (As I have probably stated in past reviews, I have a love-hate attitude toward the Bay films for Transformers; the man wouldn't know character development if it bit him in the ass).

You made your characters real, tangible. I could feel Megatron's anguish, I could feel Optimus' pain, so raw, so abandoned.

I loved your interaction between Megatron and Starscream as well; so well thought out. A lot of people see the characters as cardboard cut outs. Too many people see Megs as brutal, Starscream as cowardly-but, not you. You see much more in all of them, and I like that. :) Please, never stop writing; if you ever come out with original fiction, and create a novel, I hope to read it, someday. You are absolutely amazing- crack fics, and drama alike.
e-dowely chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
I'm at a loss of words to say on this besides... well brilliant. The depth and reasoning behind this, they way it was written, Megatron questioning himself and actually make me (the reader) think about the possibilities. Wonderful, really, wonderful.

Really honestly fantastic!
Taipan Kiryu chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
I’ve always enjoyed stories that move within shades of grey, especially in the case of fandoms in which opposites are – apparently – so extremely defined.

I was so happy that you took your time to carve into Megatron’s motives, thus making his actions completely believable – I insist, aside from the shades of grey, realistic characters always work better. As a Decepticon fangirl, I always wanted to believe that there was something else behind so many Decepticon defeats, lol, aside from the typical occidental ‘goodness must win by all means – and no matter the cost’.

I’m not much into the movieverse because I absolutely hated the last 2 movies, but I’m glad I got to read your story. It was really enjoyable. Thank you for writing it and sharing it :o)
blissfire chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Not sure what made me start reading this, since I was never a Megs fan, myself - but holy carp! That was absolutely amazing. I think this is the first Megatron I've seen that makes me - not excuse, but understand and believe that he could have become such a legendary terror/destroyer of worlds and still somehow *not be* absolutely evil or insane. And Starscream, and an Optimus that really does look like a little brother in need of tempering against the world. And the ending that kinda gives a whole new meaning to their faction name! *goalpost arms* Go to your kitchen and get the gooey dessert of your choice and revel in your crushing win. :DD
random person chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Absolutely gorgeous.
Ha-Hee Prime chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Wow.

This stream-of-consciousness is powerful stuff. It sucked me right in, and tore me in half over and over. But in a good way?

I too believe there must be 'more than meets the eye' to Megatron. And Prime. And all of them, for that matter. This story will stay in my favorites.
Random Reader chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
This was great! SERIOUSLY! I loved it! I am now a very pleased Megatron fangirl XD

I love it when people portray Megs like this. He's not just a sparkless killing machine. It wasn't his fault this war started, it was the Fallen's.

Whenever I RP as Megatron (which I don't often, seeing as I prefer OCs to canons, and no one ever wants to RP Transformers) I do my best to make him more like this... Which reminds me: the song Monster by Skillet fits Megatron fairly well, no? ;D
Syngianfox chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Well done
Squinterian chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
This was FANTASTIC. Arrogant, deeply flawed, self-aware, devious and loyal to a fault, the Megatron here is a wonderful departure from the simplistic interpretation of evil-is-evil-is-evil. In various canon, he generally comes across as an irritating (and scary) sadistic wonk, but in this character study, he actually becomes an anti-hero. It's not an easy picture to paint, without morphing the character into something unrecognisable, but you've pulled it off. Your Starscream is lovely, too. Damn, but this was an enjoyable read, one I'm going to be bookmarking and coming back to.

(The only comparable characterisation that comes to mind is WaywardInsecticons OC Megatron, the insomniac engineer who is admittedly kind of cracky, but also dead on with her zany conspiracy theories about Quintessons trying to take over.)
Grumpy Old Snake chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
A wonderful character study- yet again, I must thank you for providing something enjoyable to read. I have to agree; more character developement is needed. It makes me wonder if we are not caught in some sort of cycle; (certain) people buy the movie/ticket for each movie in the hopes that it will provide more personality, it ends up being mostly explosions, the producers think it was bought because of the explosions, they throw in more explosions...? -_-; Too many explosions.

Again, I truly enjoyed this. An interesting take on Megatron's motivations. However, I found one point unclear... what exactly convinced him that the murders (and everything else, I just say that because it was the start of things) would help Optimus, in particular?
headlong-for-freedom chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
I'm ashamed to admit it but there are just not enough stories out there like this one.

that being said , I'd like to say that, that fact just shows how much this and its companion "Kin" are quite simply JEWELS among the thousands of transformers story out there and how lovely you made these two.I mean every word of what i've just typed.

And on a side note I too ( much like yourself )would very much like to see soom Megatron & Optimus exploration in the third movie.

And I will answer your challenge ( or at lest try to if I can actully get my ass in gear XD) just you wait and see.
Shadir chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Really precious.
Tinna Minor chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
I like this story.

I really enjoy the deep setting and the complex feelings.

I also agree, the exploring of M/O relationship would make lots of us happy fangirls.

I'm considering taking you up on your challenge. Maybe I'll do a Starscream background. Lots of info and plenty of possibilities.

Um... If I do ever get to it, how should I let you know, exactly?
chausettes et chauseurs chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Kibble Beast, I love you. I just wanted to let you know that. Your writing is the embodiment of beauty. When I see an email in my inbox telling me that you've written something, a gigantic (somewhat creepy) smile finds its way onto my face, and it won't leave. I love the characterization going on and the different relationships between all of those around Megatron are being explored. Oh, and the part about Starscream actually killing Elita was something that I've been mulling over in my brain for... oh going on a year and a half now... and I'm so glad that someone shares that view.

I haven't been feeling myself for a while, and your writing has basically brought me out of a slump, even if it is only temporary. Anywho... I love you. And I think I might just pick up the gauntlet and do a character study on our dear Screamer... though it will never be able to touch this wonderful piece that you have just graced the world with... again, I love you...