Reviews for Just This Once
Niji Hitomi Kabra chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
You captured this perfectly. Fucking through grief is one of my favorite coping methods. Saying that somehow sounds like it's belittling how important it is, but I'm not. Honestly, sometimes it takes the clarity of an orgasm to get through the pain of loss. I'm also glad that although you gave us some very intimate details, you didn't elaborate on the sex any further than you needed to. It was an excellent transition from grief to sex to grief again, just like it is in real life. I hesitate to say the thought that comes to mind, but...understand that you speak to all of us who have been where Sanji is in this story, and to all of us who have been where Zoro is too. Thank you for writing it.

Note: for full effect, listening to Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas and covered by a violins just adds a powerful soundtrack to the piece. Just in case you needed it to leave more of an impact.
Pezlie chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
I have to say, it was short, and as I was actually reading most of it I didn't think too much of it besides just enjoying what was going on and smiling fondly at their tenderness, but once I got to the end all of that came to a grinding halt. It was the same feeling I would get if a story stopped with a dramatic ending line that promised death or war, but without the horror and dread. I didn't know what to do with myself afterward I read it. I just blinked and made to close the tab, but couldn't bring myself to without reviewing. One word of advice though; their emotions could have been drawn out further, creating a more sad mood to match their actions.

I enjoyed this story a lot.
Nyuu D chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
you're such a nice writer!

I really loved this one too. So full of emotions. You really captured well the fact that neither Zoro or Sanji cried during Merry's funeral.

It was all very intense and got me pretty emotive... The smoking Zoro and all.

I love a little drama!
inermis chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Sweet but so full of sorrow. Zoro is so stoic but I can imagine him drinking that night, not celebrating his new victory but mourning their loss. Remembering Usopp and every little detail gets you bonus points.

Nice little story, but I'd like to critize the lack of proper warnings. In my opinion, if there is a sex scene it should be announced beforehand. (I'm not offended, but the summary didn't hint a thing, so I was surprised.)

About sex scene, it felt natural and not smutty at all. There was sorrow an sadness in the air, and it made sense plot-wise since they were comforting each other.

Good job!
venablesecret chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
This was sweet but sad as well. I like how they can be vulnerable together and comfort each other in their own way. Good job :)
StripezMe chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
It makes me happy when people pay attention to those small details; especially those that connect these two together so well.

I'm glad you're making more of these because Carol pointed me this way from Tumblr, and I defiantly loved 'Gunning for Angry'. Your originality and particular taste fascinates me. ;')

So don't disappoint my fan meter. I've been dying for stuff like this!
HappyMe-O chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Great little fic here. It's cute and an enjoyable read! Zoro smoking is rare to see but I do like it when I see it. :)
Somnian chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
aww, this was so sweet. Somehow, smoking!Zoro is just delicious!