Reviews for Weight of the World
wishIwereanime chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Very good- it's always nice to see the serious side of Alfred, along with the stronger side of Mattie :)
Bleach-ed-Na-tsu chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
This is beautiful, i love stories like this, because it's pretty 'real' feeling- if that makes sense.

You definietely kept them in character in my opinion. So keep up the awesome work you do.
CrimsonAccent chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
The last line might have been the best. Because he is already forgetting what his brother has done for him. (Or has he?)

And I'm wondering if that "slip" was him saying "Canada" and actually recognizing him (in general) or if the slip was forgetting his actual name, or just forgetting that he isn't supposed to remember who Mattie is.

So good work as always :)
Reader chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
This is beautiful...this is just beautiful plain and simple.

America does have a lot of responsiblities and, nation or not, things can sometimes get overwhelming. I like this dimension of Alfred, still proud and wanting to be the hero but realizing his limits on what he can do.

"I'm helping you because heroes shouldn't have to bear the world's weight alone."..."Because the world's pretty fucking heavy, eh?"

I love this line, I really do...

Sorry, this isn't a really intelligent review, but I just had to say something.
Durch.Leiden.Freude chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
awwww i love the fluff .

UsCan rules baby! :)
LostOne chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
I like how Alfred is not a complete moron and Matthew a weak one.

Short, but sweet story. I like the meaning behind it!
Witty Teacup chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
You did fantastic. I like the thought of Alfred not being as 'dumb' in a sense. As Himaruya stated himself, Alfred is actually quite smart if he doesn't seem like it. And I like how you made Matthew not weak, but still could grasp his quiet personality. Excellent job.
KitakLaw chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
I think you did a great job on the characterization, since you're asking - what you've done here adds a good amount of depth to what you see in the anime and makes them more realistic, too.