Reviews for Man's Best Friend
Princess Fawna chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
"I just wish I wasn't all teary-eyed. From the dust on the stairs." God, I loved that last line. This story was just amazing! So sad...poor Wes...but was written wonderfully. I never really saw Wes/Wedge, but after reading this...well, I think I see it a bit more now. I think you turned me into a shipper! *Faves*
Rebel.Dream.Tatooine.Ghost chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
wow, loved it.
Kaousuu chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
LOVED IT. I got some tears in my eyes too...From the dust on my train ride home from work when I read it.
oh hay psy chapter 1 . 11/15/2004
Lovely. I first read this on the WAAS website. I was dying to write something along this line awhile ago. But then I saw this and it put to shame any attempt I might make. Very nice.

I understand what the two reviewers were saying down there about the sap in slash. It happens, and yeah, there's some of that in this fic. But, I mean, honestly, compared to most of the stuff out there, this is nothing.
Reb chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
From a soldier who grew to love all his fellows like brothers, it is easy to see how, in war, a man could grow to love his CO even more. I disagree with the points about it being very female-ized, I know this guy saw some things that hit a bit too close to home. ;)

jansonpls chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
I just found this.. and wow, I love it. Unfortunately, I've not read SoA (or any X-wing books, they're avoiding me), but Wes is still one of my favourite characters, and... I think this is written really well.

Wow, now I REALLY need to go find SoA and read it...

awesome story. And you made me cry... ;
notsotragic chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
Love the ending!
MapleAnne chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
Have to agree with Q, and disagree completely with Angela Jade: the characterization is off. It's a woman's fantasy masquerading as a man's thoughts.

Shame, because you're a pretty decent writer. You're just too bogged down in slash to go to the next level of skill.
Lost Book chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
Wow, ok. Your a very good writer. Sometimes first person pov's don't come off very well but I think it really worked in this case. I'm not a fan of lemons but Wes Janson is one of my favorite characters and while I'm not sure I agree with some of your fic I still think it's good in it's own right.
Lasaire chapter 1 . 12/17/2002
WOW! I couldn't be more impressed. Your writing style is excellent, well thought-out and provides deep, very believable insight into the characters. Great job.
Tusken chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
Great story! I really enjoyed it! I read the reviews others wrote before writing mine, so I am no longer ashamed to say that it made me cry too. Really enjoyed the stream of consciousness writing style. Keep up the good work.

Rogue Leader chapter 1 . 5/23/2002
"Antilles diplomacy is usually 'Lock S-foils in attack position.' " - LOL! I loved that line. The rest of it was really well written! It fits well with the book, too and it brings a new light to Wes's actions the next day :) Keep up the great work!
Jelfia Maleak chapter 1 . 10/9/2001
ahh that was sweet.
Jaina Solo chapter 1 . 8/10/2001
Holy s**t! This is the BEST fanfic I have ever read in my entire life! I'm so serious! I was crying! God, I can't even describe how utterly awesome this piece made me feel... SoA is my all-time favorite Star Wars book, and this just completes it! Perfect setup, perfect story, perfect ending... And when Wedge and Wes die (god forbid it happens anytime soon), I am going to remember this story... Hell, I'm going to remember this story for the rest of my life! Great job! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVED IT!
Lelsie chapter 1 . 4/20/2001
I was one of the first people to read this story, it e-mailed to me by the writer. I loved the story the first time I read it. I agree that there needs to be a sequel to this story. I wanted to cry when I read this story, it made me feel Wes's pain On a high scale, do to the fact he's one of my 4 fav rouges. Great as usual I love the way she writes, be it heart felt or pwp, it doesn't matter. Wonderful writers can put feeling into small and meaningful words and that what Varghona, does so wonderfully.