Reviews for A Tale of Dark and Light
stephalopolis09 chapter 4 . 3/6
This made me laugh. "Accio evil little elf!" Perfect!

Great story. Luna would get herself in that situation and Hermione would be the one to help her.

Kudos!
juliAAA chapter 2 . 4/2/2014
I love it!
I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter! best xover ever.
Lycanlover1 chapter 4 . 2/6/2014
THATS FUCKING HELARIOUS!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
i really liked this. My current obsessions in one story :) I really hope you do a sequel for this! :)
Guest chapter 4 . 9/17/2013
haha aXD I loved it haha
jules3677 chapter 4 . 9/15/2013
Ha! Crack Fiction. I love it.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/5/2013
How will Alcide react to Ron?
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 4 . 10/7/2012
United States was a large place, and they were here without permission from local authorities, so Hermione hoped to find the place without difficulty, take care of their problem and go straight home.
Funny... Hermione breaking the rules...
"The letter was from an elf named Herron. He said that my mother once enchanted these woods for him, a long time before I was born. She set up protection spells, wards, and enchantments, all to protect his property, riches, and gold from outsiders."
Then there will be traces of Luna's mother's magic in the places where the wards once were.
He had a lock of her hair... It's fascinating. Has Luna's mother left any heritage (diary, magical portrait, Herron's hair) corroborating his claims?
If my mother cared enough to help this elf, I think I should help him, too.
At least, Luna agrees that his claims should be checked.
And the elf, Herron, explained that this Eric Northman is a greedy, awful sort, and also very evil, as well as very old and very smart.
Nobody is evil. No person is born evil, and nobody can become completely, absolutely evil. Every person has a flavour to them: arrogant, greedy, attention-seeking, emotional, sympathetic, cruel, kind... And being completely 'evil' would have made a person a black hole, without a flavour - and that's simply impossible.
She rolled her eyes, pulled her foot out of the plank, and with a sigh asked, "What was the name of the werewolf who was supposedly working with the evil 'Vampire Sheriff'?"
Werewolf and vampire rarely work together. To alienate them both, the elf must have been incredibly stupid. I wonder whether a comparison with Adolf would not be amiss...
"There must be something of importance in these woods if two very powerful supernatural creatures want to get their hands on it."
So you better avoid trusting anybody unconditionally. This elf has expressed malice towards members of other races, and it's not yet known whether they deserved it.
"Someone's already been here, and they've already set up wards. I think they've done it to keep us away."
Strange. Then how have you passed the wards? Are they weak? Or did they hope to be subtle in the way they keep you away? And if these wards are magical, who was the wizard to set them up? You have mentioned that an elf has his own kind of magic...
"Luna," Hermione started, "I saw extra wood just outside the door, right in the clearing, as we stepped out of the woods, so I think I'll be safe."
The bait, exactly.
Then he said, "Won't you invite me in, Miss Lovegood, is it not? We really need to talk. My name's Eric Northman."
Well, they do need to talk, but you should invite him in only if you are sure you would not lose in a fight with him. You don't know him, yet, and he does not know you.
He, Eric Northman, Sheriff of Area Five, a one thousand year old, Viking, and a smart and strong vampire, shook his head in disbelief. Exactly who were these witches that this elf, Herron, had hired?
Funny.
She stopped at the doorway to watch him walk inside before her. "I thought you couldn't come inside without an express invitation! I know the cottage doesn't belong to me, but Herron wrote to us that if you came, and tried to get in, that you wouldn't be allowed in if we didn't invite you in, even though the cottage belonged to him!"
Eric turned in the doorway and said, "That was lie number one that he spewed to you, Miss Lovegood. This cottage and those woods do not belong to him. Now, shall we talk in here, where it's nice and light, or out there, where it's dark?"
Hermione was right. Herron is a scoundrel.
Hermione surmised the rest. "He did this because he coveted the woods, for its magical properties, such as the wishing stones?"
Wishing stone cannot be that ideal. There has to be a loophole. Like, only aт innocent person with a pure soul can use it. Or, it fulfils your desire, but twists your words, so that you would come to regret using the stone, if you wished to harm others.
"That's a promise made to an elf," Eric informed, while dropping his hand. "Okay." Luna didn't understand what that meant. "You can't break a promise to an elf that easily."
Darn.
Luna added, "The tale of Dark and Light says that no one can truly behold the riches of these woods, until they find their perfect counterpart. Someone from the Dark, in this case, Mr. Northman, because he's a creature ruled by the night, and someone from the light, Mr. Herveaux, because he can walk in the day, had to come together to get the treasures of these woods, but first, they had to find their perfect mates, or their one true loves. That's us."
Oh perfectly ridiculous sweet fairy tale...
Then she turned toward the still open cottage door and said, "Accio evil little elf!" Herron appeared. He looked afraid. Very, very afraid.
Funny.
Drain him, arrest him, or boil him in a vat of hot oil for all I care!" "Hmm, interesting suggestions, little one, I'll take that under advisement," Eric said with a smile.
Nice.
Nice jab.
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
Khyharah chapter 4 . 9/19/2012
Love this! So cute and funny. And 2 of my favorite sookie characters yum yum!
Booklover9477 chapter 4 . 6/4/2012
Awesome story! Wow both true bloods or svm's sexies yay! Keep up the great work! Can't wait to read more! Until next time, Laila :k
luvtracker chapter 2 . 5/16/2012
In your pairings, you stated Hermione and Eric Northman but that did NOT happen. Totally disappointed.
slythernprincess chapter 4 . 7/21/2011
My Favourite line in this story...

"People only fall in love after meeting once in Fairy Tales and those silly Fan Fiction Stories people write."

Abso brilliant!

Dont suppose you plan on writing about what happens when/if the boys go to London?

Loved the story!
Megan Consoer chapter 4 . 6/19/2011
I really like this story alot. Can you please write some more chapters?
DofD chapter 4 . 6/3/2011
I vote for part two.
DofD chapter 3 . 6/3/2011
Apparently it is Eric corrupting Luna.