Reviews for The Cruelty of Strangers
CandyAngelBaby59 chapter 1 . 2/15
wow again some good supernatural Hunting story book I ever heard Sam carried dean out of house it s hurt badly his older brother is strong man with wounds healing fast? Good job hunting some vampires and werewolves ghosts monsters witches shritas thou lies zombies? Bye bye goodnight sleep tight xD XxS?
Marsha Mallo chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
Oh, glad someone else was as upset on Dean's behalf as I was. Missouri really could (and I think did) have done a lot of damage to Dean's already tattered self esteem with the way she ran him down. Honestly, I think she was channeling some of John, but that could be an impression channeled through the fanfiction I have been reading. Still, Dean's self esteem issues have to have come from somewhere and Dad is the logical culprit, isn't he? Examples, Missouri said Dean was a goofy looking kid (I thought the young Dean depicted in the show was simply adorable!) and really ran him down the whole time they were together. Poor Dean. Loved this fic!
qteallex chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Nice, like the POV and voice.
laurieglory chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
I liked this story and Sam standing up for Dean. I never liked Missouri's character and how she so easily dismissed Dean while Sam laughed. Didn't feel right to me. Thank you for writing what I had hoped the SPN writers would have addressed.
Smooth Doggie chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
Lovely story, I disliked Missouri for this attitude towards Dean. However her character should have been used better with Sam and his powers at the time, maybe it would have made up some small way for how she treated Dean... great story, I'm off to read more of your work now.
kamelion chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
Amused by the apparent "disgust" for Missouri in these reviews. *chuckles* She's one of the best characters they've had, and she liked Dean just fine. She knew how to put up with him, that's all. Took no crap from him. *chuckles again*

Good story!
whispersweetnothings19 chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
Loved it. Truly awesome. Missouri also bugged the hell out of me.
Heart Of The Wizard chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Eight years later and the thought of that woman still pisses me off. This was a really great take on the effect she had on Dean. I love that Sam stays quietly in the background letting Dean make the decisions, all the while waiting to be there for him. Very in character! Sweet story :)
The Winters Child chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
I have to agree with you the way that Missouri treated poor Dean was low even for her!

I am in love with this story, I thought that it was truly toutching how Sam cared about Dean and in the end he told him "Missouri doesn't know what she's talking about. You're brighter than most of the people I've ever met." Sam confides in a hushed tone. "You have street smarts and you have amazing instincts. Don't you let that woman sell you short, Dean. Just because she's dad's friend doesn't give her any power over you." That was truly beautiful! I wanted to go "Hug?" and give Dean a hug. I mean come on Missouri, the boy's been through enough, he lost his mother when he was four his father up and left, and his brother left when he was eighteen because he hated his father! The boy need's a break. Okay I'm back now! Once again amaizing story!

-CKGal101-

P.S. Hope to see more from you soon!
rrstarlight chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
I really liked this story sincee I was always bothered by Missouri's comments, very mean spirited in my opinion. I'm so glad they never brought her back. I like both brothers, but the way she mothered Sam so sweetly and then the derogatory remarks to Dean, really uncalled for, don't know why the writers went there. I just found your fan ficiton,and I'm definitely going to read the rest now.
AllThingsInsane chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Hi!

I don't think Missouri was intentionally cruel to Dean; I actually thought she was pretty funny with most of what she said; maybe the "not the sharpest toolbox in the shed" comment was going too far but I think overall she was a good person and had their best interests at heart.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
The psychic did give Dean too much of a hard time for being a cocky smart alec on the surface. Sam is already remembering that his brother is much deeper than he acts.
molotovmullet chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
I liked this. you're right. the show in the beginning always gave people the impression that Sam was smarter than Dean and I didn't think it was fair to Dean. (: great job!
ReluctantSlashFan chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
I agree with you, Dean didn't deserve that treatment from Missouri...

And I liked the Dean whump you slipped in :D

Bye...
ephiny63 chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Hey honey

congrats on your little story, it was so nice to read an honest look at Missouri, coz I agree with you totally about the way she treated Dean. I am a Sam girl in a lot of ways but I still love Dean too, kind of a Bi-Brother girl, love em both and it really bugged me when they added dialogue like that, it was through most of season one in a way. I know that they were finding their feet so to speak but there are somethings that can be said better and in a less derogatory way. Okay nuff of the rant, as I said I really enjoyed your story, it wasn't too short at all or too rushed at the end. Great story and don't worry about being stuck in a time frame it happens to us all! LOL

hugs Shelley