Reviews for Dead Like Me
ShadowCub chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Cool as hell!
SpunSilk chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Wow, what a fun read!

I've only just discovered fan fiction, and after not having any Kolchak stories for some 40 years now (!) I am delighted that talented people like you are still writing them. You really -pardon the irony here - brought him back to life for me! This is the story I like best of all that I have found on the web.
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
This fic is another incredible one. The opening is set up again very well, and poor Tony! Well, poor Carl, too, of course, realizing what has happened to him, but Tony just being taken by surprise and yelling like that...

And eep! Zero shows up at the worst possible time! And all his taunting and sneering... Yes, he does have a case, doesn't he? Oh, dear...

Tony's arrival and Carl's attempt to talk to him is also heartbreaking, particularly when he places his hand on his shoulder... And Tony pleading to him... I love how in scenes like this, he switches to his first name.

Zero named the thing Malevolent? Ohh boy...

The way this was resolved was excellent. Leave it to Zero to use trickery like that. I'm glad Carl found out the truth.

And, of course, Tony's musings and then realizing that Carl is back... Ooh! It was wonderful to look into Tony's head and read their conversation. Especially when Tony is now starting to acknowledge that something happened...

Excellent piece!
CSKazaam chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Ha! I was totally surprised by Kolchak's initial reaction to being dead - I thought he'd be really upset about it, but he's pretty matter-of-fact about it, instead. LOL. Surprising, but, now that I think about it, I think he probably would act that way. I'm totally getting a kick out of him wondering why he's still hanging around, as if he's impatient with the whole process. XD

LOL the police calling Tony a "screamer." XD

I love how Kolchak just yells in the policeman's ear, even though he can't hear him. XD I think that's one of my favorite parts. I can totally picture it happening in an episode!

Aww, Poor Tony, seeing Kolchak dead!

Aww, the Hellhound has a name. How cute. XD And LOLOL. The image of Kolchak being chased by the Hellhound all over the place, holding onto his hat, is hilarious. XD Not sure if you meant it to be, but I can't help snickering at Kolchak's expression, especially as he's saying how it would be a great time for some help. I can totally picture it happening in an episode! That image really needs to be drawn. XD

I really liked his musings about why he did what he did, and that he would still do the same thing again, given the choice.

I think another of my favorite scenes is when he's hanging onto the edge and saying "God, please help me." It seems so powerful, especially now that he's dead and it can be taken so literally.

I also love his rather nonchalant manner in dismissing Mr. Zero. XD ...And I don't know if you meant it this way, but for a minute there, Kolchak totally sounded like he was flirting with the angel when he asked if he'd see her again. LOL.

The scene with Kolchak waking up is the best ever. LOLOL. I love how one of the paramedics screams, and then Tony turns around and screams. It's classic. And then the whole "What do you think you're doing!" is awesome. I half expected poor Tony to yell something like, "Get back on that gurney! Can't you be dead like a normal person?" XD Yep, I love that whole scene. It totally belongs in a real episode!

Ooh, and the last scene is just perfect too. It really has the same tone as what I remember from the episodes, wondering whether or not the events really did occur. The words, and the description of the scene were spot-on! I can totally imagine it happening.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 4/23/2011