Reviews for Mirror of Transformation
A Markov chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
"It's not like anyone is going to drag you into a room and force you to tell my story at knife-point."

Very funny bits nicely thrown around. Loved all the little digs and eye-rolls. Smiled the whole time, laughed a couple times.

-Alex
Zute chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
LOL! I didn't know about Bethany's chest size change either. I do tend to obsess over how my character looks too, fortunately I play on a PC and there's usually mods or console commands. :)

I really liked how you made the player quirks part of the story. Nicely done!
Bloodsong 13T chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
hahahha, bravo! and it's all true!

but wait... he left there as the black guy with purple lips and orange tattoos?
Hot elf chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
That was fun! Obviously I need to play again now and try out the mirror some more. Oh, and I have to check out Bethany's mysteriously expanding and shrinking boobs. Never noticed that at all!
dark-dreams-of-love chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
that great

great

love it

xDD
Snarkoleptic chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
This is absolutely brilliant. Varric has to be one of my favorite supporting characters of all time, and the fact that you nailed his voice so well throughout only added to it.

Talking about stats and reviews and the popularity of the heroic male types only taking an upswing if they're chasing after other heroic male types? Sad, but true, and for Bethany to be the one to comment on the bad smut had me choking.
Phoenike chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Funny idea - actually laughed a couple of times, which is meant as a compliment since I rarely find crack fics that amusing. Good job, sir.
EmbersOfAmber chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
What wonderful crack I've discovered! I laughed aloud through this entire one-shot.

I visit the Black Emporium just to listen to Xenon take half an hour to get one sentence out. It's even more fun if you take a M!Hawke, and then the voice actor gets to talk to...um, himself!

Back to actually reviewing... I loved how you poked fun at so many different things from the game. I never knew about the boob thing either, but then, as a woman, I only ogle male pixel people. Fortunately, my husband is not threatened by cartoon men! ;)

My favorite bit: "You've always been a black man with cornrows, purple lips, white mutton chops, red eyes, and orange tribal tattoos on your face."

:D Thanks for the lovely liver massage!
JayRain chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
I really enjoyed the humorous tongue-in-cheek tone of this piece. I think The Black Emporium provided a good setting for something of this nature, because everything about it is just so obscure, to the point it's hard to take it seriously as a place of mysticism and whatnot.

You handled the characters well, keeping them all in character, but still funny. Through good dialogue you poked fun at aspects of the DA2 story and made clever use of foreshadowing. But the best part? The parody on fanfiction, reviews, and stats. Great commentary, and Varric was the perfect character to make it. Nice work!
Rattsu chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
*laughs* Yeah, oh I have been there obsessing with the mirror... for some reason looking at things in there is a far cry from looking at things in the game. Besides, it's fun to age the character accordingly, and change their hairstyle now and then.

Also, I love your dialog, it feels very much in character, flows fast and is just downright fun.
Agent 94 chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
Dude, go write in the Fallout section. Not many male protagonists but they are somewhat more popular than their female counterparts.
Shakespira chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Brilliant parody! You captured the high (low?) points of gamers, facegen, DA2 and life in general.

Still chuckling and thinking I should read it again because there is so much here.
Zeeji chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Love it! I needed a good laugh today!
Ventisquear chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
so, the mirror actually worked but it also changed people's memories and made them think Hawke always looked like that? Briliant idea. Poor Hawke, that must had been really frustrating experience.

I'm one of those people that spend excessive time creating a character and then delete it after few hours of play... but hey, that's Bioware's fault! There is quite different light in the character creator and no possibility to check the character from greater distance - so in game it usually looks differently. And that irritates me so much I have to redo the character.

But I've never used the mirror, and I was actually rather disappointed with Black Emporium, so far...
Katrina-Cousland chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
This story is great! I happen to be one of those obsessive gamers that is constantly tweaking my characters faces until I get them just right, so in my opinion The Black Emporium is like the greatest thing ever! My mom and I even joke about me having to go to Thaddeus for makeovers regularly, so it's good to actually see some fanfics about my favorite place in Kirkwall!