Reviews for Shed Your Skin Over The Waves
Cindar chapter 6 . 8/2/2015
Hope exam went well, I look forwards to seeing what happens next.
mischeviousmuffin chapter 6 . 8/16/2014
y u no update?
soshoe chapter 6 . 6/23/2014
Just wanted to say this was a really good read... got pretty invested in it haha. If there's a chance at all you'll update, you've still got a reader here :).
annelise311 chapter 6 . 5/23/2014
UPDATE ! :)
Rubellite Game chapter 6 . 3/18/2014
Keep it Going!
Bored Dragon chapter 6 . 2/16/2014
Wow. Before I start, I just wanna say...wow. I reviewed this over on Archive of our Own, but after thinking about this amazing masterpiece all day, I thought I should write a more detailed one after reading through it for the fourth or fifth time XD

So firstly, the characterization is amazing. They're all perfectly in character (Sokka and Zuko are highlights for me), and I can honestly read their lines in their voices, which, to me, is a very good sign. Honestly, if they were placed in this situation in this gorgeous universe you thought up, this would most definitely be how they would act :)

Secondly, the shifter lore is very well thought up and portrayed, so much so that is fits seamlessly into the Avatarverse. The dragons, in particular, are a highlight for me (though that could be because I'm slightly biased to them anyways XD), but the interactions and the descriptions of their behaviour/body language etc., especially the Shyu/Zuko one, were fascinating. Seriously, I could read about dragon culture and body language in this AU for hours XD Also, the way you've stressed the connection between a shifter and his/her pelt, and how it's pretty much part of their soul was really very well done, and I must say, it added much more depth and emotion in the scene back in Chapter Four where Zuko is cradling his maimed dragon-skin. It also added much more weight to Ozai's evil, moreso than the canon even, as it makes the reader really think on how someone can be that cruel and cold-blooded, especially to their own son. Not looking at Ozai the same way again O.O

This connection between a shifter and their pelt also highlights Zhao's cruelty as well, because seriously, a guy who hands out branding punishments that easily and uses them as mindless zombie slaves is bad bad news. Really, I think you've made both Zhao and Ozai more menacing villains in the space of a few chapters than the whole show did and for that, I applaud you :3

The Zuko/Sokka interactions are amusing to read as well, good to see Sokka's still providing comic relief XD Love his nicknames for Zuko, "Prince Angrypants" being my favourite XD Though, if I were in Sokka's situation, I'd probably be doing my best to annoy Zuko as well. Something about him always rising to take the bait is one of his endearing Zuko qualities to me, and I really loved seeing it in full force here. No wonder Azula loves tormenting him X3 The Iroh interactions making Sokka question his views towards the Fire Nation were also very well done, and I really am glad with the way this issue is brought up now instead of Book 3 like the show did :)

The revelation of Lu Ten as the dragon guiding Aang to Roku was probably the highlight for me. I was interested in seeing how the Fang situation would be handled, but this was genius. My heart literally skipped a beat when I read it and I had to go back to make sure it was true XD It also hit me in the feels when Iroh saw him fly past, makes that scene much more powerful :')

Tui/Moon Spirit visiting Suki was a nice surprise as well, makes me wonder if Suki's developed Spirit powers akin to Iroh's. Though I always thought that Tui was meant to be male and La was female, but hey, it's still amazing :)

I know this hasn't been updated for three years now, but I'm seriously hoping this gets continued. I know that sometimes writing can be a beatch and a pain in the ass, and I myself have numerous fics that I start writing and never get around to finishing for months, but seriously, you can't let this piece of magnificence die. It's too amazing and I will actually cry and eat a sock if that happens. And I want to see my Toph and Azula dammit XD

TL;DR: This fic is amazing, you're amazing, the dragons are a stand-out and I will cry and eat a sock if it dies.
Smouse chapter 6 . 11/2/2013
This. Fic. Is. AWESOME!
I can not stress that enough! I really hope to read the rest of it some day!
It is THE best AU I've read in... forever, probably.
It doesn't even feel like an AU, that's how great it is! Hell, it doesn't even feel like fanfiction! I wanna class it as canon... AU canon, but canon non the less. :p
Did I mention how awesome this fic is?
Good lord, I want to leave a review a mile long just praising you and this great and amazing fic...
FIREBENDER-I-AM chapter 6 . 12/23/2012
THIS IS AMAZING! KEEP WRITING PLEEZ!
ButterCat chapter 6 . 9/13/2012
Hooooooly mutherfukin shit man. This is probably one of THE best Avatar stories I have read to date. AND IT'S NOT EVEN FINISHED. The shifting; brilliant. I love that each nation has it's own affinity for shifting, and I love that the Water Tribe are selkies! I know its been over a year, but I would just about die to get you to update this again, it would be devastating to leave this particular piece unfinished. It's unique, captivating, and follows Zuko and Sokka TOGETHER, which is hilarious and awesome.
Though you may never update this, I still felt moved enough to review, and feel it's important you know just how much I appreciate this story. But well, here's to hoping! Good luck!
Starshinesoldier chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
I hope you'll update this again some day! It's soooooooo good!
Kiren chapter 6 . 11/3/2011
Wow! Amazing idea! The whole shifters thing is interesting. Though I feel sorry for Zuko, who had his pelt burned to rags... I mean, it would be awesome to 'see' him as dragon. So I hope his pelt will get somehow repaired. ;)
pixy chapter 2 . 9/2/2011
oh wow! what a unique concept to make them not only benders but shapeshifters as well! I hope this is one story that gets an update soon!
Forlornsolanum chapter 5 . 7/21/2011
kay, I should probably explain why I am submitting a second review. When I read a fic I will skim it first, then read it a second time more thoroughly. I love the way you write and all the descriptions you put into this. I really like the Zuko/Sokka interaction, I understand that at the beginning you stated that you would be sticking to cannon pairings, but if you decide to switch things up I wouldn't be upset with more prominent Zuko/Sokka's. Of course in the folklore I've heard, stories of selkie's are usually romance tales where the selkie marries the one who steals their pelt (willing or unwilling). So the Zuko/Sokka in this seems to be very likely. Anywho, on to other things...

Poor Suki, she has to be taring herself apart, her and Katara. Has the episode with Bato happened yet? What would he say when he finds out about what's happened to Sokka? How will the members of the Northern Water Tribe react? Is Zhao going to take Sokka as well when he takes the rest of the crew to invade the north? Would Zhao branding Sokka overpower Zuko's binding on his pelt? Also, please have Zuko fly again I'm begging you, it's so depressing everytime I hear about what his father did to him, it's definately worse than what he did in the cannon if the shapeshifters are so connected to their skins.

Again I beg you to update soon, I understand that you haven't updated this fic for a while, but I'm on the edge of my seat right now.

Best of luck,

Solanum
Forlornsolanum chapter 6 . 7/20/2011
kay, I've seen this fic pop up a few times and just kind of passed over it, but now that I've read it I love it and hope that you will continue with it. It is such an interesting twist to put on the plot with the shapeshifters and I can't wait to hear more about this. :D please update soon

Solanum
FirePony16 chapter 6 . 6/7/2011
Awesome chapter. So Sokka now gets that he's lucky Zhao didn't get him and about the branded. The part with the Fire Sages was interesting. Looking forward the next update. :)