Reviews for His Retribution
Nova Sinfonia chapter 3 . 11/26/2011
A very dobby story, I must say! I like how you tie together different scenes from the book and movie and at the same time bring in the droogs' backstories. And nothing is quite as easy as it looks: Alex acts completely deranged, but we also see George's remorse near the end for having betrayed his side of the friendship. Well-plotted and great characterization. I look forward to reading your other stories.
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 3 . 5/11/2011
Three words for you, and they are...BLISS AND HEAVEN.

I always knew my Petey was a ninja, and there you are proving me right. Nice job on that.

I also wondered how that Mr. the English was going to show up, and so when you mentioned that coffee shop, I was like 'A-HA! Here he comes!' Nice job on that, too. :)

And last but not least...the very last crast. I felt so bad for him, because in a way, Georgie had dug his own grave from the beginning and now he had to lie in it, figuratively and literally. Excellent job on detailing his rise and fall so well.

Weasley

PS-I have a feeling my next installments might not come until this weekend...hope that's okay!
Dan Sickles chapter 3 . 5/11/2011
Wow, this was powerful! I am amazed by so many of the great ideas you invented all on your own, such as Dim's history of abuse and his fear of knives. And I thought some of the dialogue between Georgie and Alex was incredibly convincing, especially the "take your hand off my shoulder right now" bit.

If there's one complaint I have, it's not a complaint, it's just that you succeeded in making Georgie so smart and likeable that I didn't really believe he'd die at the end as he did in the book (not the movie.) Maybe you should have shown him convincing Dim to join the rozzes to like "make up" for all the bad things they did!

Anyway, your writing blew me away - you really know this movie and you know your nadsat. I sure wish someone would do THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA the way you do A CLOCKWORK ORANGE!
Dan Sickles chapter 2 . 5/4/2011
I really like this! I am amazed at how you thought out Georgie's back story, and how you show the way Alex changed from childhood to adolescence, and how conflicted Georgie is about following him in his downward spiral.

Since you've seen A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, you should really rent THE WILD BUNCH, an ultra-violent western from the same era. The leader in that movie is Pike Bishop, but his best friend Deke Thornton is much like Georgie in this story!
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 2 . 4/30/2011
Holy COW. I never read a beginning like this before...are you going to do the whole story from Georgie's POV? I kinda hope you have the time, because I know it would be GREAT...up to you, though!

Lovely job on the first part, can't wait to see the second.

Weasley