Reviews for When Life Became a Game
Guest chapter 16 . 12/12/2013
Hi I don't have a fanfiction account but love your stories . The minute I get one I will be following you as a writer!
Guest chapter 8 . 9/27/2013
No complaints, good story, very enjoyable. Question? Why is the sling never mentioned in a story?
An ancient but still a good tool in the practiced hand easily made from natural materials.
Gyvyn
JadiePops chapter 38 . 5/15/2013
Okie, so I don't think I even reviewed until I read the whole thing which means I do kind of suck anyway but I had to do at least one. I loved this story.
Part one a lot more then part two but thats just because I wanted to know more about Finnick and his hunger games, I loved the fact that you kept to what we knew about Finnicks hunger games (he got the trident, he didn't want for anything) and I loved your arena. I thought it would of been a little better if Finnick used his Trident a bit more but thats just me.
Part two I loved how you used a his talent to get him into the capitol more and I loved how destructive some of the characters you introduced into the story were. I enjoyed it so much I am going to check out anything else you've written. Amazing story, keep up the great writing.
guest chapter 3 . 4/17/2013
The length is honestly nice; not too long or not too short! :)

But I have to say it's okay to spell out bullshit an goddamn you know. If its your personal preference than I apologize but if it's for the readers than I'm a little bothered with the asterisks. If its for the readers that can't handle cursing than they shouldnt be reading cause the cursing is less effective when it's kinda censored like that.

of course it's up to you but just a concern.

nice story up so far!
The Ice Within chapter 39 . 3/30/2013
Wait, you live in your SCHOOL?! Whaaatttttt.

And I'm honored to be your most-review reviewer (if that makes sense). I loved the story and will be looking forward to the April story. Remember to PM me when the first chapter comes out!

And congratulations on the nomination. Even though I don't really follow much things on , so I have no idea what the award is... I still support you for it. If you need me to vote for you, send over a PM and tell me what to do.

And congratulations on finishing the story. AND GETTING IT ON HARDCOPY. AWESOME. I wish my school can do that -.-'' where is your school? It sounds awesome.

But why 23rd? That's sooooo far away. Can you only post when you get to school or something? Are you on vacation? Lol

And look at that lucky number. 1 year, 11 months, 1 week :DDD

Proud of you!

safeandsound12 chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Congratulations, your story has been selected for the REBEL awards 2013. This awards will take 3 weeks. We will let you know if you are qualified for a finalist. The public and staff will vote and if you are in the top 20, you are a finalist. Visit the community for more information.
sparklegem108 chapter 38 . 3/26/2013
AAAAAAAAANNNNNDDDD PPAAAAARRRRTTTTTT TTTTTWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO of today's review.
I really like this analogy. It's cool. Keep using it. And others. I feel like Finnick would start comparing all the messed up stuff of his life to other stuff so he can distance himself. Ya. I'm tired. I pulled an all nighter. ON THE NIGHT BEFORE A SNOW DAY. For UUUUUNNNNN-SCHOOOOLL related stuff. Meaning stalking Youtubers through tumblr. But I can't even say this cuz then you'll make fun of me... but then last night I was staying up late to finish hoomework that I TOTALLY COULD'VE HAD DONE before. and then I WATCHED AN EPISODE OF A TV SHOW and fell asleep. Then I woke up in a panic and finished stuff and got ready at the last minute and was running out the door to catch the bus on a 2 HOUR DELAY... I don't even... ya that's why I'm not functioning...gluhggusfjnjkhofijmlks.d,x - me dying
SO I just saw your reply to my review and ok really I usually like reviewing but it's just now when I'm sleep deprived and just got over literally pulling my hair out from stress that I'm being so not cool cuz my brain is just not functioning on a higher level right now...
...it might also be that these two parts are shorter and don't have much happening so it's harder for me to say stuff cuz what I remember about books is the plot-like stuff (like for English quizzes and stuff) as opposed to the implied stuff. -oh so now you decide to follow grammar rules by putting a period on that excuse for a sentence? - yep we know she's lost it, she's commenting on her own review...- ...and commenting on comments of her own review - ...and commenting on comments of comments of her own review - ...and commenting on comments of comments of comments of her own review...

sorry I got a little carried away... and I sound insane...

sooooo ok that's it I'm gonna study for govt and math and drivers ed now :) we'll see how that goes

-sparklegem108
sparklegem108 chapter 37 . 3/26/2013
*SSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG GGGHHHHHHH* I've been shamed into doing another reviEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW (you see what I did there?)... *huff* here you go :P

This chapter actually didn't really do much for me 'cuz it basically is a teaser reiterating ALLL MYYY QUESTIONSSSS. :/ so ya that's it really. You got me like really excited for this part like there was gonna be something big that would happen *sigh* ...although I did like the thing where he needs to talk to his mom... wasn't expecting that...

What would you do if I didn't talk about the chapter? I mean most of my reviews don't anyway... but like... ya know like... (band class reference- wait what? I thought she hated that- yes but in the time that we waste there is some amusing stuff that occurs, kinda like drivers ed. except it doesn't affect my grade.) *cough* anyway...

...Ya no that's it.

See ya on the bus! - lol

-sparklegem108
PS- have you noticed that I really have been shamed into almost all of these? I mean really... with the Facebook promise... and I'm sure you did it so I thought I could get your "magic" in 7th grade too... or just in general...
PPS-sorry this is a really whiny review...
Guest chapter 38 . 3/26/2013
I swear I cried at the end! Your book was amazing and very well written! You turned Finnick from a character I never gave much thought to, to one of the deepest, most heart-breaking characters. Great, great job and congratulations on sticking with the story to the end! I am really impressed!
-Bethany
The Ice Within chapter 38 . 3/25/2013
YYYEEES. A SEQUEL. I LUB CHU.

Can you mention it when your first chapter goes up? Like, send me a PM or something. Because new story alerts for me is really funky. It doesn't always work. Thanks!

I loved the story. Finnick was a character that I never really gave a second thought to before I read this story. I learnt to love him, see him differently, etc. And you portrayed the teenage pressures and troubles really well.

I lub chu for the story.

Congratulations!

The Ice Within chapter 37 . 3/25/2013
Wow, you call that an ENDING?! YOU BETTER DO A PART III! CLIFFIESSSS

I loved it.

shieldmaiden19 chapter 38 . 3/25/2013
What did Finnick need to talk to his mom about? Wait. That comes up in the sequel, doesn't it?

I'd like to know more about Finnick's alcoholism and also see where it goes as he grows up.

In a general sense, I liked Part I more than Part II. You write excellent fight scenes and aren't afraid to get into the highly disturbed mind of a tribute. Part II didn't flow as well as Part I, but that might have been because I knew where Part I was going. The best scenes in Part II were probably the STORM scenes because, again, you weren't afraid to get inside his dirty little mind.

From a pseudo-proffessional point of view, the story would have done just fine with about a third the language you used. After a while, it stopped being surprising and started being commonplace. Save the swearing for a point of maximum impact.

I know I've said something along these lines before, but watch the balance between dialogue and narrative. You've established a powerful psyche, and to not delve into it would be a crime. But at the same time, as with the language, save the psychology/internal dialogue for points of maximum impact.

Over the course of this story, I have been shocked, horrified, disgusted, turned on, and intrigued. You have written a powerful psychological narrative, and I look forward to your sequel. Excellent work! :)
belle s2 chapter 38 . 3/23/2013
Hey! :) belle of the ball s2 (too lazy to log in) I loved the story! Amazing portrayal of Finnick, and I adored adored the whole STORM thing. Very original! I definitely can't wait for the sequel! :D

Nice ending too :P Very dramatic! Life is just a game ... And it is
BaileyRene chapter 38 . 3/23/2013
Okay, this may be long. I absolutely loved your story, start to finish. It's really well structured. You do amazing at capturing emotions in your work! Your story rarely if ever had any grammatical/spelling errors as well. I can't wait for the sequel to start! This was jut a wonderful story, one of my favorites here. Definitely in my top five! I just can't wait for more! I already said that, but oh well. I think using project STORM as an introduction between Finnick and the Capitol was brilliant. I have to admit, I was a but skeptical about the modeling thing in the beginning but it worked really well. I like that you incorporate things from real life in to make it seem more realistic and possible.
The Ice Within chapter 36 . 3/23/2013
Finnick, I want to hug you.