Reviews for When Life Became a Game
shieldmaiden19 chapter 36 . 3/22/2013
The ending line was very astute.

The dialogue was excellent. Some sections could have used revision, but on the whole, it was good. I wish you had had more narration. This was a really emotionally powerful chapter for Finnick, and hearing his thoughts would have made it even sharper.
sparklegem108 chapter 36 . 3/19/2013
Well I might as well review... I mean, why not? It seems a little less hard now...
But so ya. I liked this 'cuz it reminds me of that part at the end of movies that are gonna have a sequel when the hero who has defeated _(FillInTheBlank)_ and it all seems ok but then BAM! Cliffhanger and music of anticipation. Like in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (which you saw) when Harry is talking to Ron and Hermione on the bridge. Well actually not really. Buuuut.. ya. cool. Idk I don't have a lot to say...
I like the dates that you're releasing stuff :) they're clever
I feel like I have nothing to do... other than finish BNW... and the double column notes... and my essay corrections... and that Latin epitaph...and read Science... and do that application...
But HEY! Maybe I'll make the bus tomorrow and you'll read this then! (yep- that was on purpose. It was a joke. Because although I will still try, it's probably not gonna happen...)
See ya,
sparklegem108
BaileyRene chapter 36 . 3/19/2013
Loved it! So sad that it's ending, but I'm excited to see the end an the sequel!
sparklegem108 chapter 35 . 3/15/2013
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWW, you are welcome Jasmine :) I really liked helping with bouncing off ideas though, it's really interesting.
The following is just stuff I thought of as I was reading the chapter:
-lol scotch is from scotland- this just makes too much sense
-13-18 year olds and open bar? yikes... Capitolscarier than I even realized
-Really nice realistic conversation topics and incorporation of trident earring :) Were you going to add a link for a pic of that?
-It's actually interesting because I've noticed your Finnick definitely has a more romantic style than I imagined because I kind of thought of him as definitely having a gaggle of girls always around him vying for his attention... because he is super hot and popular from the games. I guess it's probably partly because he is still isn't completely Snow's pawn yet and it was a really VIP party... but still, he would definitely have fangirls and that would open up a whole can of worms with jealousy and doing crazy things for attention... ya
-oooohhh love snow's special drink, the message could have been a little more ominous but... ya, I liked it :)
-lol understatement of the year... and it's only just begun :P (aka nice use of irony)
-also random thing but I don't remember- is Finnick working out? because I would expect him to so that he keeps his image although he probably is naturally beautiful... but he could become like addicted to it at some point... or use it as an escape but then he realizes that it isn't really when he has to flirt with girls on runs or at the gym (although that probably wouldn't be how the Capitol does stuff... he'd have his own stuff) anyway ya. Ideas. Stuff.
-I thought high people sounded more... high-y... and made less sense... it just seemed still a bit too logical... but then again I didn't realize I was talking to high people at NJCL convention until my friends got us to leave and told me...soo... probably just me

Anyway I really liked this chapter, I thought it was really realistic. The kissing wasn't uncomfortable either (surprisingly that's the thing that I always am hoping for in books and movies, but if it moves past that then not so much). I'm really excited for the next chapter, tell me when it's up :)

-sparklegem108
PS- I can positive that you are NOT reading this on the bus and I will NOT be there. Because tomorrow is Saturday.
coaster317 chapter 36 . 3/11/2013
I like this story. The sad thing is Finnick is a alcoholic:( also, would you mind reading my stories/ submitting a tribute? Thanks!
The Ice Within chapter 35 . 2/26/2013
Wow. I don't know, I'm glad Finnick and Nikhila are friends :D At least... that's what I think

And Lallie has all my respect right now. I love her. And that conversation she had with Finnick, awesome.

Yesss! It's coming to an end. Not that I didnt like it, I just really really am eager to see how it's going to end.

I wanna hug Finnick now.

Wait. Remind me. In the real HUnger Games book, what happened to Finnick? He's one of the mentors during the Katniss Hunger Games, right?

-ICy-
sparklegem108 chapter 35 . 1/31/2013
Hey look I'm reviewing AGAIN :) And I was recognized for reviewing the other chapters- yay :D I might actually be on the bus tomorrow too.. but anyway the chapter was good- you're still introducing elements that I know are going to make Finnick miserable.. but I guess that's how it's gotta be eh? I liked the passing notes part :P They might've been a bit long for reality but they got the point across. I think there would definitely be pictures that would accompany those notes too.. perhaps of squid? :P Also, I'm not trying to be picky but I wasn't sure at first and then I looked it up so just fyi of a common misconception: /usage/must-of/
So ya, good job :)
shieldmaiden19 chapter 35 . 1/26/2013
This was one of your best chapters yet. Your dialogue was clean (in the artistic sense and not the language sense), your narration wasn't overdone, and it was engaging. Can't wait for the next chapter! :)
BaileyRene chapter 35 . 1/26/2013
You're really good at portraying his emotions. I'm sad to see Nikhilla go, but I can't wait for the next chapter!
The Fancy Unicorn chapter 34 . 1/14/2013
Aww Finnick): they're changing him so much...darn Capitol.
sparklegem108 chapter 34 . 1/8/2013
So I read it, Jasmine! Yay! And now I'm reviewing... partly because I feel REALLY BAD for not reviewing and partly because I watched that crabstickz video and others like it and it makes me feel so bad for the creators...so here I am...
But really, great chapter. I have to say though that I'm starting to get concerned for Finnick's well being... which you know is the purpose of this turning point chapter. 'Cuz I know some of your plans for this... and this has just laid the seed... so very well done :)
Also, really please don't pull a 'charlie' or 'crabstickz' or some other Youtuber where they become afraid to put content onto the internet. Really. It's like your being deprived of your favorite clothes for a long time... okay well maybe not clothes but just favorite something because when you read/see something someone has created- it is so much more rewarding and fun to read/watch.
So thanks for posting this :) See ya... ON THE BUS BECAUSE I REALLY WANT TO MAKE IT. You might even read this on the bus... and then I would laugh...
shieldmaiden19 chapter 34 . 1/7/2013
PHEW! "Moderate sexual themes" did you say? MODERATE?! What are you comparing it to?! The previous chapter? Okay, I can see how this would be moderate in comparison with that...Sorry, my bad. :P

You captured the feeling that this "talent" (I have no idea what to call it) is now a necessity for Finnick (to survive). I liked this chapter more than the one where he makes out with N. because you brought it back to the harsh reality of Panem. Overall, it was a very good one.

P.S. Have you thought about writing a chapter from the point of view of a Capitol woman? She could be an anonymous woman in the crowd at his interviews, his first "client" (courtesy of Pres. Snow), or anyone else. I think you of all writers could pull it off. :)
The Ice Within chapter 34 . 1/7/2013
How do you change your eye color... is that really possible?

AND YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG? Sigh. It's fine. Are you okay? I'm always here if you want to talk. Hey, I'm still here, ain't I? What was the video about to motivate you so?

Go on! I love you :) I love Finnick. I love this. 3 If you need to tlak, shoot me a PM. K?

:) I don't like Nikihila... sigh... Poor Finnick.
BaileyRene chapter 34 . 1/6/2013
Great chapter, as always! I just made my account recently or I would've reviewed sooner but I've been reading for quite a while.
It's All In Your Mind chapter 19 . 12/25/2012
AMAZING! I love your use of song lyrics - they fit so perfectly and you incorporate them so well!
235 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »