Reviews for The Only Exception
Sakura's Unicorn chapter 10 . 9/19/2011
Annie, this fic is adorably hopeful! I giggled when Sasuke said he was thinking of getting another job anyway. Hee, hee. No matter how much he tries to talk himself out of it, he still cares what Sakura thinks about him. That makes me smile...oh, and the fact that he gets flushed when she bends over in front of him. Ahahaha! Amazing job, Annie! And I have to go check out this 15 minute fic thing...
Unicorn Paige chapter 10 . 9/14/2011
This was pretty! I was giggling when Sakura reprimanded Sasuke and then when he was musing about how he should've stuck with had some snark to it and I could so see Sasuke just bitching like that after everything is over. I swear, that boy, never happy!
The Scarlett Ribbon chapter 10 . 9/14/2011
I don't know what is is about this one, but I absolutely love it, General.

I like your use of the present tense, but mostly, I think I just love the way you write Sasuke. Always.

You always write him in the most human way; there is dry humour in his thoughts and his actions, but there are flaws and vulnerability there too.

He cares about Sakura; though it is a short excursion inside his head, it's clear he's given quite some thought to the nature of their relationship and how it's changed - wondering if it will change again.

The role reversal in that is beautiful. For once it is Sasuke, not Sakura, who is picking apart the other's actions and trying to interpret what it means:

"That had to have meant something, right?"

Yes. He is looking and trying to reassure himself that the Sakura he knew -the one who loved him- is still in there. I think in a situation like this, he definitely would be; I don't think he really ever desired her indifference.

Wonderful writing General, as always. You make me fall in love with Sasuke all over again...

[I'll admit it, I re-read LWH again yesterday :) No matter how many times I read it through, it takes my breath away.]
Blue Aidelle chapter 10 . 9/14/2011
I love you Sasukeee!

U are our only hope in having a SasuSaku love story, and thanks for having such superb stories!

I hope u update sooon!

I miss The long Way Home and the Revolution. :)

this song really reminds me of sasuke and Sakura's relationship. :)

xc wings chapter 9 . 9/10/2011
Soo... Did he kill her?

And if the title is based off of a Paramore song you're awesome
xc wings chapter 6 . 9/10/2011
I liked the ending best ;)
Sakura's Unicorn chapter 9 . 9/9/2011
Annie, I'm not sure exactly why not knowing the truth about Itachi has saved Sakura's life. Calling Itachi a traitor should make Sasuke angry, make him feel like she's just like everyone else in Konoha-living on the back of his clan's deaths and Itachi's sacrifice, blissfully unaware. Not knowing that Itachi is actually a hero and put the safety of the village before the lives of his own family shouldn't make Sasuke feel sympathetic toward her. Just my two cents.

Oh, and two small typos. "Damnit" should be either "damn it" or "dammit." Personally, I like the first one. Also, in this sentence, "her chakra laden fish is headed straight for the back of his head," fish should be changed to fist. Although, it is a really excellent typo! Hee, hee. In that same sentence, "headed" should be "heading." You did a wonderful job of keeping this in the present tense, by the way.

I love how she can only see Sasuke before her mind realigns and she sees the smoking wreck that is Konoha. Only then can she attack him. Nicely done!
Sakura's Unicorn chapter 8 . 9/8/2011
Annie...this was good. Nice to see Sakura's side of this. Just a little concrit-you mention a part of Sakura ("A knowing part"), but you don't complete the circle by mentioning some other part. It's inherent in the's like saying half of her felt this way-the reader will always look for the other half. Sorry if that's confusing!

Also, this sentence is a little off. "She wonders at the cold stone floor that her knees are pressed against, at all the things that must have ended here, and what's been begun." I think it might be more succinct to say "Her knees pressed against the cold stone floor as she wondered about all the things that ended here-and about all the things that had begun." In a piece this short, every single word has got to work really hard to earn their place.

I also love how you have Sakura's weariness contrast with Naruto's anger. Nicely done, Annie!
therentyoupay chapter 9 . 9/7/2011
Gah, love it.
therentyoupay chapter 8 . 9/6/2011
Gah. What angst. :( Beautiful.
golden doe chapter 3 . 9/3/2011

Proposing without a ring, in the middle of a training, got Uchiha Sasuke a broken nose?

Not bad!
golden doe chapter 7 . 9/3/2011
this is cute :)

Love the only dialogue :)
therentyoupay chapter 7 . 8/10/2011
therentyoupay chapter 6 . 8/10/2011
Gahhh, I know exactly what picture you are talking about because it is one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES and I'm so glad that you wrote something for it.

therentyoupay chapter 3 . 8/10/2011
I absolutely love this! This is one of my favorite drabbles of yours.
163 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »