Reviews for RATS! or Dietrich's Lament
D'Artag-NOT chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Oh, that was laugh-out-loud funny!
newkathy97 chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Just found this, what with recently discovering the show and all. I will never be able to listen to this song with a straight face again. The words are brilliant, and I could actually really picture Dietrich throwing out his arms and belting this at the desert skies LOL :)
FloatingPizza chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
I was singing along in my head and would be out loud as well if I weren't at school. Love the lyrics, I had this mental image of Dietrich bawling out the lines and snatching off his hat at the climax :)
Chandlia chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Ahh...who knew such an innocent little plot bunny (peep?) would turn into such a delight? I was reading while listening along with the YouTube video and had to laugh aloud as my mental insertion of "Rats!" overlapped Javert's oh-so-sincere "Stars!"

Poor Dietrich. It's only because we love him so much that we make fun of him! Great work!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
In response to freestar's comment, I added a modified link to a performance of "Stars".
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Hehe! Delightful!:D
80sarcades chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Actually, I haven't seen Rat Patrol in quite a while...but this is pretty good! Conveys the emotion quite well, really. Wonder if you can set it to a C&W beat?
freestar chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Too cute! I don't know the song you referenced so it's a shame you can't post a link to it so we could sing along with your lyrics. Poor Dietrich - only in the realm of fan fiction can he ever hope to come out ahead, however briefly, once in a while.
Jinzle chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
BRAVO! Flicks her bic and gives standing ovation.
hogan macgyver chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Hehehe, that was very funny and it fits for poor Dietrich very well. Great job!