Reviews for Beautiful Lie
MonJoh chapter 1 . 6/8
Nicely done.
karameiwaku chapter 1 . 2/19
Beautiful imagery. A few such evenings might've been able to spark a conversation worth a kingdom.
Kermit's Rainbow Connection chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
This is just... beautiful. I don't mean to creep you out, but this is probably the best Merlin one shot I have ever read. It's so in character for both of them; Merlin just shrugging off Morgana's threats and all the while Morgana even being entertained by the enemy she loathes and used to love. It's an absolutely perfect scenario where they call it a truce for a night. The idea in itself is so original and that put to magnificent writing creates a wonderfully wonderful fic.
I feel in the show it is implied in series 1 and 2 that they do have feelings for each other, but none have the courage to speak up about it. It's so sad how much Morgana's character deteriorates; she was once so good and kind until she becomes a shadow of the person she used to be, not minding if she has to kill people to get her way, and the deepness of her hatred makes you want to cringe.
This story really highlights the odd, twisted dynamic between Merlin and Morgana in series 3; where both are nemeses but still have to keep their battles and hatred of one another beneath the eyes and ears of everyone in Camelot. I absolutely LOVE this fic; fantastic job!
Lunar191 chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
You're breaking my heart. Oh how I wish Morgana could've redeemed herself in the show.
This was incredibly beautiful, thank you.
Danterevan chapter 1 . 12/24/2012

D
AmyNY chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
That was amazing and so in character, for both of them which is very, very hard to do so congrats on a great job!
We stand victorious chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Wow, I really liked it a lot :D I thought that the uneasy truce was skilfully portrayed. Well done :)
sansadarling chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
beautiful fic, and this isn't a lie
MagicGirl41 chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Oh my gods, that was beautiful. It made me really sad, for what could have been... I never know what to say about fics where every words is perfect. So there you go! Every word was perfect ;)
zoe alice chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Huh. For most of this one-shot I was thinking, "This would never happen," but by the time I finished I wanted to convince myself it could. Rather like Merlin. The POV-switching caught me a little off guard, but overall I really like this.
Nada Themis chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
This is a really sweet idea. I could clearly picture everything that was going on. I like your take on what Morgana would see in a sunset, and it sort of underlines how much her and Merlin differ in what they see in the world.

It was really good, one of my favourites.

Great job,

Nada x

p.s,

I'm trying to check out most of your fics but - oh my god - you have loads and it's taking me ages (don't know why I thought you needed to know that but oh well).
CoolCarrot chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
I was looking for a Mergana fiction just to see if it's any good. I find a community. I see you. Again. *smiles and nods, smiles and nods* ;)

I'm gonna review this as I read.

"He went back to watching the sky turn as gold as his eyes when he used magic. Maybe it was magic.

Though, for obvious reasons, Uther never tried to execute the sky. Merlin smiled a little." I could just imagine Merlin's face all wacked out and drowsy looking. Cute in other words.

Wow, the way you writing this was really good and imaginative. Like with the sun being destructive and destroying the day.

Since it's a one shot you probably don't have to worry about this too much but you said you wanted people to say what they really thought, so here I go: It's small, but it was hard for me to understand how Merlin and Morgana were sitting and moving around together. I just found it difficult to imagine what was going on with the whole sitting scenario (I could imagine the scenery perfectly though). I think you may have lacked a bit of detail there, or is that just me? Otherwise, your writing is marvelous. :)

Morgana reminds me a bit of Arthur in this. Oh, haha. He just said that to her. Seems I'm not the only one thinking this...

It was kind of sad but happy in the end, if you know what I mean.

I really enjoyed this, well done! It's so time to add you into my favourite authors. I've left it too long.
CausticCanuck chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Loved it! It made me start thinking about Morgana and her character for pretty much a good solid hour and a half! It even inspired me to do a one shot based more on Morgana but has the pairing in there if you squint. Thank-you so much!
Cellyber chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
That was beautiful. I really don't think I can say anything better than that.
Angela-Bennet chapter 1 . 6/2/2011