Reviews for Giacomo
xsilver-galaxyx chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
The idea of Erik have a male musical protégée is unusual and I liked that you used a real person. Plus the Erik/meg hints were wonderful :)
Nobody297SRS chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Now THIS is just an awesome twist for POTO. And no one sings Nessun Dorma like Pavoratti. NO ONE. But I never liked Turandot much (my opera obsession is probably Les Contes D'Hoffman, though I listened to Turandot first: out of all Puccini's works, yes, I would go with La Boheme. It's typical, but it's just SO good) - maybe because the first version I watched was god-awful. It scarred me for life. The tenor almost ruined Nessun Dorma, the soprano playing Turandot couldn't act, and the staging was a slap in the face to Chinese tradition. The person who played Liu was good though. After I watched Domingo and Eva Marton play it... things got more tolerable. But just that first performance. Ugh. Well. That was a bit of a rant. Anyway, nice twist to the awesome legend that is the Phantom of the Opera.
TheBlackSister chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
What a wonderful story! No one shall know his name, indeed! Very appropriate! And the last piece Signor Pavarotti ever sang in public, I believe.