Reviews for To War Without Honor
Guest chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Fuck yeah
Guest chapter 20 . 7/17/2012
I loved this story until around when Azula showed up and then things got progressively worse without return... I understand why you wrote the events the way you did, but it breaks my heart to see Zuko get beaten down in spirit and then to see Mai die... I felt like things could be still worked out in the end to something closer to happiness. When I started reading this fic I was hoping that the conclusion would be the same as canon, e.g. Zuko as Firelord and together with Mai, because it would be such an interesting thing to see Zuko reach his destiny in a very different way. Like you, I'm not interested in a sequel, but if you would consider it, I would love to see how this same story could come to a different ending. My favourite parts of this story was during Zuko's time in the 41st, especially in the later stages (i.e. around when Mai's picture was asked and sent). You wrote with remarkable sensitivity to their precarious sort of relationship.
vincent1875 chapter 20 . 5/27/2012
I wonder why Iroh didn't become Fire Lord if they needed one so badly. He actually is Fire Nation royalty. It seems like a oversight to try to drag Zuko into the job when the man who should have been the Fire Lord after Azulon was available. Story was overall pretty good but the last few chapters didn't really fit for me. For one I don't see why they(or at least Ozai) tried to have Zuko taken out 'because he didn't want him around' when Azula knew Zuko had no intentions of getting in their way to start with. Why try to assassinate one of their strongest fighters and leaders during an invasion? It would make far more sense to wait until victory is assured. What on earth would make them think that Katara and Mai could take out Azula? Zuko was a firebender and prince in canon. He could challenge her to an Agni kai. Those two would be attacked by every soldier in the palace.
vincent1875 chapter 19 . 5/27/2012
Nothing too interesting going on in this chapter. Story's pretty much over though.
vincent1875 chapter 18 . 5/27/2012
How many royal families can there possibly be in one nation? I think you're confusing royal with noble. That final battle with Azula didn't really pan out too well. It seems like she just sat there and did nothing until she was outnumbered. If she'd have fought while he was fighting Dai Li she could have won.
vincent1875 chapter 17 . 5/27/2012
I wonder why Toph didn't just bring down the wall.
vincent1875 chapter 16 . 5/27/2012
Good chapter. I wonder if we'll see more of Zuko in the coming chapters.
vincent1875 chapter 15 . 5/27/2012
Good chapter. I didn't see Mai leaving like that coming.
vincent1875 chapter 14 . 5/27/2012
Good chapter. Somehow I figured that Zuko wasn't getting his peaceful life.
vincent1875 chapter 13 . 5/27/2012
Good chapter. I do wish I can eventually run into a story where Katara's rants are cut off because people don't care to listen.
vincent1875 chapter 12 . 5/27/2012
I can't see how Azula's group is trying to capture the Avatar with Iroh actively helping him. With Aang, Iroh, and Toph they have far too much power in their favor.
vincent1875 chapter 11 . 5/27/2012
Sucks to be Katara. Zuko really beat the snot out of her huh? Good chapter.
vincent1875 chapter 10 . 5/27/2012
Good chapter. Seems like an easier escape than last time.
vincent1875 chapter 9 . 5/27/2012
Good chapter. Azula's friends seem a lot less afraid of being set on fire than they normally would have.
vincent1875 chapter 8 . 5/27/2012
I'm glad that Zuko is finally moving up. I assume that Commander is the next rank he can get followed by General/Admiral.