Reviews for Seven Years of Bad Luck
pen 'n notebook chapter 1 . 11/18
Wow! This was great read. Honestly, the broken mirror idea explains a lot. I really like your descriptions and the fact that the canon scenes are out of order. You did a fantastic job showing the reader a scene we already know from a different perspective so it doesn't feel like just a repeat of the show. The last part was really powerful for both Zuko and Katara. I'll definitely read this again.
Someone chapter 1 . 9/5
Dang...that was good. Ive read several of your stories and they're engaging. I cannot stop reading them. You are one talented writer. This one was amazing. I love the dark elements to it as well as your take on Zuko's thoughts during cannon moments.
achillius chapter 1 . 4/1
These were all great but Crash and Bleed were my favorites. Your work is always amazing, please keep writing :)
I like your perspective on zuko
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4/2016
WHY DO YOU KEEP MAKING ME CRY WITH YOUR PERFECT WRITING?
Miss Mcblah chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Woah... I don't know what to say. That was just so... Yeah
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
Aah! I loved it. Very dark, if that's the word, but yeah- therapeutic... haha!
Aww, Zuko... He actually was one of my top favorite characters. :P
Thanks for your work! Neat little oneshot. :D
Dan chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
Wow.
skepsis66 chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
So harsh! It makes me feel so sad for Zuko. I want to just sweep over to give him a massive hug and never let him go! Wonderful, evocative writing. Your words flow so freely within each scene and when put together, gives this kind of force that strikes straight at my heart. Loved this. Thanks for sharing.
Arjun Ethaniel chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Hauntingly beautiful...
AnnaAza chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Wow. That was intense and very sad, but well written.
escapedreality chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Loved this, in it's dark and depressing kind of way. Your writing style is lovely and the mis-matched order of the little drabbles , I think, added to the piece as a whole.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
The 'splinter' section doesn't quite make sense; you wrote "He shudders each time 'Crown Prince' is mentioned before his name ... in his mind, the silken cushions under him are stained crimson with Lu Ten's blood ... Mother smiles warmly on his left, Azula smiles chillingly on his right". That's implying that his mother was there at the time that Zuko was declared the Crown Prince, direct heir to Firelord Ozai, and she'd already disappeared by that time.

But yeah, this was a whole heapin' pile of angst. Since the story summary implied that Zuko's bad luck happened all because he broke a mirror, perhaps you could follow it up with how he copes with that run of bad luck ending, and what Katara eventually does for Zuko to show she's sorry for what she said and did-you know that after realizing how badly broken he already was and that what she did was the very last straw, regret, guilt and that mother complex of hers will have her doing her damndest to help fix him.

Also, the only time we ever saw a mirror broken in canon, was by Azula as she was cracking up. How does her seven years of bad luck run? That could be a whole 'nother chapter... :-)
Teefarino chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Yesss... so dark and angsty and delightful. I like how you structured this story in all the little sections. And I adored all of the little mini-stories within the overall writing piece; they all came together very nicely. Awesome descriptive language too. I guess I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed this writing! :) Nice job!

~Teefarino
krys chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
oh gosh that almost made me cry :'( I think you win the prize for most depressing retell of Zuko's life in canon. You're a wonderful writer, your words flow really beautifully. I really really loved this.