Reviews for Because You're Tall
Scully223 chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
wow... i loved this...

1. sooo very in character

2. just so real- and i like that Josh isn't made out to be the bad guy- just not the right guy

3. amazing and very realistic storyline...

4. i love their interactions and that he doesn't pressure her and they know how they feel about each other and he's willing to wait- and he's just the most amazing guy- always there for her- even though he's not with her- and just so great

5. i loved the part about him growing up and them being better pple bc of each other

6. the last line... LOL loved it!
Dani chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
I love this story! Cute & believable!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
I Totally relate to that story. I found myself missing my mom more recently, I used to hate mother's day but now i am over this phrase I still miss her though. I do hope this is your over-active imagination and not real life But the Story was Great at first when Josh name turned up i was like what?

but Castle prevailed YEAH!

good job keep up the good work
ghost writer 77 chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Oh that was gorgeous - absolutely perfect! I love how Rick acted like a grown-up and comforted her. Gah! Totally mush right now. The last line - brilliant. Really, really well written.
corlando chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
If she'd said, "No, my Mom was murdered twelve years ago today, and I miss her and have been crying since close to two this morning," would he have stayed? - I guess the question is...would she have wanted him to stay. I'll say no, or else she would have given Josh a chance. The truth is, he's not what she wants.

I like the way you brought these two together over her mother's murder but in a sweet and comforting way. "Things will untangle" is such a great way of putting it. The title and the last line are just so perfectly Castle. Great story.
Dmarx chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
This is absolutely amazing! I've been following all of your Castle fics but this one is just fantastic! It is so sweet and emotional at the same time and the ending made me want to laugh and cry simultaneously! Love it!
BerLina chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
How do you do it? Waaah #flail# eeek *sniffle*

Sorry for that, I'm just trying to sort out my feelings. You brought tears to my eyes, AGAIN. I hate you a little bit for it. But then again, it's awesome. Your stories really strike a chord with me. Your writing is so simple and eloquent and polished... I love it.

And this story in particular just kept getting better and better with each sentence. Big Kudos.

Lina
MinxySix chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Adored this. I love how you flesh every aspect of Kate's life and history, true to character and still manage to bring her feelings for Castle to the surface too in a believable way. Double thumbs up.
ekc293 chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I'm speechless. That was simply extraordinary. Loved loved loved loved the ending! So sweet :')
FloatingAmoeba chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Just...I don't even have the words to describe how amazing this was. Flawless.
kya-kaia-kiya chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Love this story! Great job! :)
Nathan fan chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I've read several of the death anniversary stories and here you come with a new one that absolutely blows me out of the water with it's beauty and poignancy. I try to read everything you write but when I saw this title, my breath actually hitched. The "because you're tall" scene from season 2, is still one of my very favorite from the whole series. It was the first time that Kate allowed Castle to see her so insecure and he was able to give her exactly what she needed. I was so anxious to read this and see how you used the title!

I was a little surprised that the story started with Josh's presence, but it worked really well. It was realistic and didn't make him out to be a bad guy. Kate had simply chosen not to share that part of herself with him. It serves as a good contrast to just how much a part of her life Castle is.

I loved the texting and that Castle initiated it, knowing that Kate would need support on this day,. I loved her realization that she was glad Josh would be leaving but welcomed the opportunity to spend time with Castle, knowing that he would help her focus on the good memories. The idea of her offering to look at family pictures just makes my heart swoon! That is so intimate! That was one my favorite scenes from Knockdown, when Castle was looking at the old Christmas pictures. It was also so telling that Josh hadn't seemingly noticed Kate's emotional condition when he left, but she was so sure that Castle would notice and not care or give her a hug. "She was fine with both of those options." :) :)

And the man shows up with coffee and flowers! This whole scene between them is incredibly beautiful! I want to compliment you on something that I thought was rather original. I've read other pieces where Kate laments not having her mom around for a wedding or to be a grandmother, but your examples of asking for advice and not taking it, having to listen to neighborhood gossip and undervaluing her mom, were definitely unique and fresh.

I was teetering on the verge of tears when Kate said that her mother would have adored Castle. That was it - I was a goner for the rest of the story :) It's funny how reality crosses into fiction in my mind sometimes, but I was totally thinking of Nathan being so tall with these big, long arms, wrapping petite Stana completely in a massive hug. How could you not feel secure in his arms? Then I was laughing through my tears when Kate threatened to make Alexis an only child! That was so perfectly them.

I loved the sharing of pictures and how you gave us some excellent backstory for Kate in the process. The line that moved Kate - "That doesn't mean they loved you less." - was really beautiful. I also liked that Kate complimented Castle on his parenting of Alexis because I think that's well deserved.

I have to admit that I was shocked that Castle flat out confronted Kate about not being happy with Josh. I was really cheering the man on! He did it so firmly and yet he wasn't picking a fight or trying to make himself seem like her hero. And I really liked that Kate came back to the whole focus of the morning by wishing that her mom was there to help her get through these boy issues. In my head, I can hear Castle softly reassuring Kate that, "Things will untangle."

Another very moving moment was when Castle pointed out that he had grown up because of her influence, but it was also great that Kate admitted she likes the kid part of him too. I love the honesty!

My heart was in my throat at the closing scene, picturing her lying down in his lap and admitting in a round about way that she was realizing her was her guy. Once again, Castle knew just what to say - "Because you're tall." Awesome, awesome story!
lyssa414 chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I really enjoyed this one! Please update soon! And thanks!
crazeeria chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I really don't know how to describe how much I love this. Its heartbreaking yet so sweet/adorable!

LOVE