Reviews for Harry Potter Vs Twilight
BiggestJohnnyFanStayGold chapter 1 . 12/23/2015
ALL THE HARRY POTTER POINTS ARE SO TRUE. HARRY POTTER IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN TWILIGHT. Twilight has no point whereas Harry Potter has a very complex plot and there are so many twists along the way. JK has become the first person to become a billionaire on a book series. I don't see SM near that. Every 30 seconds, someone buys a Harry Potter book. JK created a whole world and did LOTS of research doing it. There are a lot of things hidden in Harry Potter that she had to do a lot of research on. Ex: Voldemort means 'flight of death'. You can switch the letters around in Remus Lupin, and it will spell Primus Lune, which roughly translates to First Moon.

A lot of the spells in Harry Potter are Latin, which you can translate so that they say what they are meant for.

The characters in Harry Potter are so complex, and that's what make JK so special. There will never be another book series that could reach the complexity of Harry Potter. Hermione's patronus is an otter, and JK's favorite animal is an otter.
JK based a lot of the stuff in Harry Potter on her life. She came up with quiddtch after a fight with her boyfriend. She based Hermione off herself when she was in school. JK based the dementors off her depression when her mom died. JK's birthday is on July 31. The train that stopped in the Prinsoner of Azkaban was based of when she was on a train and it stopped in the middle of the ride.

There are a lot of things about the characters in the Harry Potter series that relate to their personalities. Ron's patronus is a Jack Russel Terrier; those dogs are known for chasing after otters, and Hermione's patronus is an otter. Fred and George's birthday is on April 1. Peter Pettigrew is a rat animates, and he is a pice of rat scum for betraying James and Lily to Voldemort.

My personal favorite character is Snape. I think that he has the most complex personality. In the beginning, he seems like an evil, greasy-haired git, but towards the end, he turned out to be the bravest man Harry ever knew.

JK adds a lot of quotes in Harry Potter that mean a lot. You don't see that in Twilight. JK is one of the best authors. Harry Potter is a great book series that teaches you a lot of lessons. Harry Potter changes your view on life, whether it be for better or for worse. I think that JK wanted to tell the world that it's our choices that make us who we are. Your choices decide your future. You have the choice to do what is easy or what is right.
DoDo1401 chapter 1 . 8/26/2015
So I haven't read Twilight, and probably never will, in order to spare my brain cells, but I would like to point out, for one of your points (haha) that Robert Pattinson was in HP too (though only in the fourth movie) as Cedric Diggory.

-And yes, I know that this is only about the books, but I felt a huge need to point this out :)
SarcasticAlexWilliams chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I read the Twilight books because I'm super competetive, and my best friend and I decided to have a race to see who could finish the series first. Halfway through book one, I felt like killing myself from the pain, by book two, I had to read bits of Harry Potter between chapters to keep my brain cells through dying, by the end of the series, I swore never to read a book by Stephanie Meyer again.

PS
I also didn't much like Romeo and Juliet, and would like to point out that it was a comedy, and that it was two TWELVE year olds in love. To compare your favourite book to that isn't very compimentary.
AmbushImagine chapter 1 . 5/19/2015
Hey...Sorta send it before I was done. Right, sorry, where was I? Ah.

So that's pretty much it. Next point?

It has a happy ending: Harry marries Ginny, and they have three kids. Harry is a great father, Ron marries Hermione, they have two kids, George's business is great, etc, etc. How morbid.

Harry Potter is all about death: I'm going to have to argue with that. Twilight has softness your already fragile brains, people. Listen to this- if you can't take a few hits to the heart, you're not ready for most literary works. Your now ready for the Hunger Games, or the Maze Runner, or whatever. But that's not the point here- the point is, this is something called 'realism'. Death happens, people! People were LITERALLY born to die eventually. It's just how life it- if you want to complain about how harsh the real life is, go build a nice little fantasy where people live forever and everyone's always happy. That's not life, that's dreaming. It never has been, and never will be. Let's just get it straight that I'm an extremely sappy person who hates it when a character dies- but I understand not everyone can make it to the end. I mourned Sirius Blacked for over a week, but I accepted it. Because war is war. There are always causalities, whether we want it or not.

It's written from the perspective of a teenage girl: Oh, how amazing to delve into the mysterious and complicated mind of a teenage girl. Would a copy of my life story interest any of you? No? Ah, drat. Well, there are PLENTY of books written from said point of few- what about Max Ride? And what of Sadie Kane? Would you claim to gush over Maximum Ride and Kane Chronicles only because they have teenage girl POVs?

Twilight is a love story. There's no love in Harry Potter: There's no love in waiting for a guy to notice you and seeing him with other girls though it hurts so much. There's no love in dying for your own son. There's no love in protecting the son of the man who's bullied you, the one you hated ever so much, the boy who was a carbon copy of the one who has stolen the love of your life, because his mother was said love.
There's absolutely no love in breaking up with your girlfriend to protect her. It's bland and hateful to accept your cousin (who had by the way bullied you for over fifteen years and whose parents locked you in a cupboard under the stairs, starved you, occasionally back-handed you neglected and abused you for something you cannot control, by the way) 's apology and agreeing to start a new page.

It's loveless to go against the darkest wizard in history, a one you've been working for no less, and one who seems to be winning, because you fear for your only son's life.
WALKING TO YOUR OWN FREAKING DEATH FOR THOSE YOU CARE FOR HAS NO LOVE AT ALL? HUH? CRUCIO!

Ahh, sorry. Anyway, where was I? Yeah. Apparently, to the idiot who hasn't read the books, all of the above doesn't count as love, but crying over a sparkly vampire does. I'm gonna go bash my head against a wall if you excuse me.

Fore all those arguing that all teenagers love Twilight, your argument, again, is invalid. I am thirteen years old and Harry Potter taught me so much more than those damn bike-riding werewolves and sparkling vampires did. Bella is stupid and an insult to us females- everything about her is just sexist and shows that us girls have no control over our lives and the men lead us and we can't do crap without them and would basically fall into tartarus and die if they leave us for a second. If you have any life at all left in you after read this so called 'book series' go read Harry Potter and regain what little life you currently have.

CEDRIC DIGGORY FOREVER!
The Amber Author chapter 1 . 5/19/2015
My head hurt half way through this. It surprises me how people can even CONSIDER the fact that Twilight is anywhere near as good as Harry Potter.
Here's one point that killed me: "Someone would die for Renesmee":

Lily and James died for Harry. There's no 'WOULD' about it. Remus and Tonks died to make sure Teddy would live a good life- even if that life didn't include them. Didn't Molly Weasley freakin' kill Bellatrix Lestrange because she nearly hurt Ginny? Molly, the sweet, motherly figure who cried because her son Percy abandoned them? If that's not proof of how she 'would die for Ginny' I don't know what it.
Sirius died for Harry. Hell, several people died for their children in this- Alice and Frank were tortured to insanity for Neville's sake. OF COURSE THEY WOULD DIE FOR THEIR CHILD! WHO WOULDN'T?

"Rob Pattinson is hot": Ok, regardless of how we're talking about BOOKS and not MOVIES here, did you guys forget that this same Rob Pattinson played Cedric Diggory before Edward Cullen? Did this thought CROSS your minds, people?

"Twilight is about true love": Love is crawling in a pit and dying when your sparkling boyfriend leave, eh? Well, the dictionary doesn't say this. Hermione waited for Ron to notice her for years, and Bella basically begged Edward to be with her. Ginny LET HARRY GO BECAUSE SHE LOVED HIM! Severus Snape died, protected the spawn of his enemy, for Lily Evans/Potter. There's more love in Harry Potter than Twilight can ever hope to achieve.

"There's reading minds and seeing the future.": Alice sucks. That's not seeing the future, trust me- seeing the future is kind of like Professor Trelawney. They all say she's a fraud, but that's why she's awesome- because no one believes her predictions! But...they all come true somehow, if you haven't noticed. Even the one about Harry dying. And reading minds? How original. You'd think Legilimency counted. And the best thing? Legilimency has a counter- Occlumency. It seems that Edward can break into most people's mind without them able to do a spot about it.

Twilight is simple and easy to read: How's that supposed to be a good thing? I WANT to fly through the pages of my dictionary every ten seconds so I can enhance my language- Twilight fans who like the series because of this are either just plain lazy or don't want to learn anything. Just...No. My head...Ugh.

Werewolves: Have you guys heard of Remus John Lupin? Hmm? The one whose son is an awesoe metamorphagus?
In a duel between Edward and Harry, Edward would win: Suree...Because a sparkly vampire is MUCH more challenging than the Freakin' Lord Voldemort who people were so scared of that they couldn't even mention his name, and who Harry defeated what, six times in his entire life, give or take?
guest chapter 1 . 1/28/2015
oh honestly twihards, don't you ever read?
guest chapter 1 . 1/28/2015
I LOVE Twilight, but I still agree with everything you said. I don't really know why I like Twilight, because every point you made was valid, the plot sucks, the characters are shallow and "Mary-Sues" etc. I guess it is just my kind of book.
sharkmm chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
I love this 'fic'. Sooooooooooo true. Harry Potter teaches you friendship. Twilight teaches you lust.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
I so agree bella did not defend herself what so ever my friend told me everything about twilight and how stupid it is that I reccomened hp a s she loved it she said the plot made more sense and that the romance was real . I like hp waaay better twilight is stupid I was on this site it said the the covers are not drawn they are taken pictures hp cover are hand drawn.
Nyxzia chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
I read the Twilight series once. Fell asleep right after that and couldn't remember a thing from it except for the fact that vampires sparkle and the main character was really annoying.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Is it just me or does twilight seem to encourage necrophilia and pedophilia?
Guest chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
Sorry the link didn't work this one might though
watch?vXh2xmHAI0Og

Copy and paste. Its a song about how crap twilight is.
Emm123e chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
Wrong link this one should work
777891 chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
I also hate twilight because its so sexist. It states that you need a boyfriend, if he leaves you attempt suicide and he will come running back and that if he does leave you, curl up in the foetal position and cry for months.
In harry potter it's different. Apart from the fact that Hermione in clearly the smartest and independent of everyone, she can fall in love and when he leaves her, she continues fighting to destroy the most evil wizard of all time.
Then there's Ginny. Ginny is amazing, like stated previously when Bella's boyfriend left her FOR HER OWN SAFTEY she cries and commits suicide. When Ginny's boyfriend leaves FOR HER OWN SAFTEY she tries desperately to find out what he's doing and how to help. She tries hard enough to reform the DA and STEAL the sword of Gryffindor and rebel under Snape and the Carrows reign, which can't have been easy considering they were Death Eaters, sadists and have a sick imagination. ( See Dumbledores Army and the Year of Darkness, it shows what happened and is an amazing fic)
Says it all
CoolSlytherin chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
Ya know Lord Voldemort Bellatrix ...after we hear thier names we find them scary...James Victoria Laurent? Oh come on! I read twilight 3 times waiting for goosebumps to appear out of fear...My friend found the story SCARY so I read it...SPARKLING VAMPS ? Meyer has ruined their reputations...Infact after telling the summary to my granny (She found the cover page intersting)she went on abt GOOD OLD DAYS when vamps burned TEAM HARRY POTTER(I love voldy)