Reviews for Mithril
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Good story.

I'm not sure if this one of the few stories I've read, or is the first, where the first-person perspective is on Frodo Baggins. As I read this story, knowing it was based more on the movies than the books, I could hear Frodo's voice, which in a way made me want to continue reading it (the inner fangirl side of me wanted to get out of this story, so it took some convincing, internally, for that to happen). Still, I liked how you incorporated some of the events of the books, that we know of Frodo, and blended them into this story, which was more worth my time reading.

Good work.

-Aria Breuer
flamencochic chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
What a wonderful little story. Something to explain the thoughts of the characters. It is even better to see someone willing to write the characters as they were meant to be written. No slash, no ulterior motives, just simple folk who truly love each other. I loved it.
Moriel chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
Great fic! I love Frodo angst, and your a great writer. You did a great job capturing both Bilbo's and Frodo's character!

You've seen the movie 23 times! I only got to see it twice, but if i could have i would have seen it many more.
Miss Buggie chapter 1 . 4/21/2002
I can understand why you use the movie-verse here. In movies, a lot is left unsaid, so you have a bit of playing space, but in the books, he doesn't leave much to the imagination. I enjoyed reading this. Good job and keep writing!

Miss B.
Lara Danderfluf of Wllowbottom chapter 1 . 4/5/2002
SO Sweet! I love it! I lve Frodo! SO sweet ::tear::
RachelStonebreaker chapter 1 . 4/4/2002
Well done! I've been reading your other story and decided to see what else you've written. Might I say, you've a good style about you. I especially like this more "adult" Frodo. Sad yet sincere. It's one of the few single chapter stories I've read that I feel stands on it's own. Nicely written!
Elwen chapter 1 . 4/3/2002
I do love your explorations of this relationship between Bilbo and Frodo and I'm reading "Shadows in the Darkness" as well. I had never thought of Frodo as a sickly child but I suppose it would explain his slight build.

I was particularly impressed with the way you caught Bilbo's speach pattern.
Lady Erisanna chapter 1 . 4/2/2002
very well-written. you've inspired me to write a fic like this...i just have to get my ideas together. u are an excellent writer & I hope there will be more coming to "Shadows in the Darkness" :) great job!
Laure chapter 1 . 4/2/2002
Lovely. As ever! When I went to see the film, (only 3 viewings, alas), I did wonder how Frodo felt after that scene - you have filled the gap!

You could write a story about Frodo having pneumonia... Just a suggestion, do with it what you will!

Frodo angst perfection.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
That was so good! I've never seen its equal or one at all alike to it on the internet! I love your writing. Please also put up your Pippin story! :)
Arien1 chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
Wonderful as always. I love the relationship between Frodo and Bilbo - they are more akin to father and son than cousins.

The scene where Bilbo changes when faced with the temptation of the Ring is a favorite of mine. It's one of the scenes that I wish had been a little longer in the film.

It's cool that you've seen it 23 times! I've only been eight times myself but I would have gone a lot more if I had the money. It never gets old, no matter how many times you watch it. It's remarkable.
Minx chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
Ah, that was so sweet! And a natural progression from the movie and the book, as well. I especially, of course, liked your description of Bilbo taking care of our lad when he was ill with pneumonia (why do I like Frodo with pneumonia so much? Hmmm... must get help). Anyway, loved this fic!
Xandra the Blue chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
This is soo nice! I love those types of storie, so I thinl i'll write one at some point. Thanks!
Eryniell chapter 1 . 3/31/2002
hey, that was really good! I love Frodo fics!

And I'm glad to hear that ch11 of Shadows in the Darkness will be up soon. _