Reviews for Liquid Courage
Nichalia chapter 6 . 9/20/2014
Huh. I'd never given Varric much thought, he's like the ultimate bro. Buddy. At your back with Bianca, covering your ass. But this was interesting, and a fun-and smutty-read!
Nenalata chapter 6 . 9/19/2013
I don't think I've ever reviewed one of your stories before, which makes me feel indescribably guilty considering I think I have your profile favorited on my iPhone. My reasoning is that I don't want other people to see that I left a review for a lemon.
Okay, done with that. I won't unleash a torrent of reviews on you for fear of being even creepier, but this story was just so deliciously sexy, well-written, and heart-warmingly sweet. First, I'd like to say I'm not a Varric fangirl. I wasn't one of those gamers that bemoaned his fate as a non-LI in DA2; I was like, "eh, what a shame that there's no dwarven romance," but the dwarven quest in DA:O kind of killed any interest I had in dwarves, romantically speaking. As I played the game, Varric became one of my favorite characters, but I was always too obsessed with Fenris for me to wholeheartedly wish he'd been an LI. So it made sense, then, that I never read this story of yours, choosing to read Fenris or Zevran or Nathaniel Howe stories you've written instead.
Well, time to come clean. I'm reviewing after rereading this; it wasn't my first time with the dwarf known as Varric. I clicked on it a few weeks ago out of curiosity and was stunned by how much I loved it. I love it more than Strangely Oriented Stars, which was sexy enough for my hormones yet suggestive enough that the 50s housewife in me didn't freak out. I didn't want to admit that you turned me into a Varric fangirl, so I didn't review. Actually, that's not even a reason. I'm sorry for not reviewing; truly, I am. But today, I stumbled upon a picture that you might be interested in checking out on deviantArt by MaevesChild that shows a morning-after Varric, and I remembered your story and how...well..."wow" I thought it was. So here I am.
You have done a beautiful job. It's graphic, yes (sorry, 50s housewife), but just suggestive enough that the imagination can go wild. I don't feel embarrassed reading it because it's not corny or out of character or dramatic. It's just the spirit of Dragon Age enveloped in better writing.
However, where writing is concerned, there were a few typos. Someone's probably pointed them out, but hell, I'll do it, too, just so I don't sound completely raving. In the first chapter, it should be "flexibility of elves" or something, not "flexibly," and in the bath scene, there's a moment where Varric thinks in parentheses something like "not an impossible for a dwarf," with an unneeded "an." I think there were a couple more here and there, and I understand it wouldn't make much sense for you to go back and change them, but hey, cut me some slack-I'm trying to be a good critic. Is it working yet?
Anyway. I'll shut up. I'd favorite this, but again, I gotta keep up my reputation. Which is something. I don't know. I'll probably come back and favorite all your stories just like I'm coming back to review your work, but for now I'll settle for faving you as an author. Thank you so much for your work; it always manages to cheer me up.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/18/2013
Love it!
can't wait for more!
Shezka Foxe chapter 6 . 7/27/2012
I've often liked Varric as a character, but this take's the cake. I love how you portray and I was cracking up laughing about he soap just because Varric found it funny. It's sweet and a little intoxicating how much he loves Hawke. And now I will never be able to wear glasses normally again without thinking about Varric and Hawke ever again.
Kate chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
GREAT job with characterization here! Hope you'll do some more.
Maeve's Child chapter 6 . 5/22/2012
This totally made my day. It was sexy and funny and totally Varric. I enjoyed the ride completely.
Laura Kaye chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Squee! This was the romance I always wanted during that game, and it wouldn't LET me!

I came here because I read and loved "Stelle", and imagine my delight when I realized you wrote femHawke/Varric! And that it's GOOD!

*delight*
Peres chapter 3 . 4/19/2012
Oh, wow. I never thought to pair Varric and Hawke - being a die-hard Fenris fangirl - but this is just fabulous. You capture his voice so perfectly. It's really hot at all the right bits, and screamingly funny otherwise - I howled at the footstool.

Love, love, love!
bushviper chapter 6 . 3/16/2012
Oh it's been awhile since you updated, sad days for me! To be honest, I've had a Varric/FHawke fic bouncing around in my head for a few days and I don't even know if I wannooooo anymorrrrrre because I don't think I could write him better than this. So I hope even though it's been awhile, you will continue. Lovely writing.
bushviper chapter 4 . 3/16/2012
Hahaha omg. So sweet and sexy, and acting out the novel is both hot and hilarious. I just love it.
bushviper chapter 2 . 3/16/2012
OK this: "Varric gritted his teeth, almost wishing he'd gone to Aveline instead, but no, that was just stupid. He wanted to do this right, and taking a ribbing was better than showing up at Hawke's door with two goats and a sheaf of wheat, or whatever" literally made me lol, so good.

and this: "...Varric stamped down all the panicky fluttering in his own gut and shook off all of his concerns. It wasn't a mask, but it was a choice: he would be brave, and sure, and completely certain, for her. He would be exactly what she needed, which is what he'd always tried to be, really" is the most absolutely perfect characterization of Varric and one of the many reasons he's so great.

Totally loving this.
bushviper chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Um. This is fantastic. And way hot. You totally nailed Varric.

(hurhur)
moonmuse chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
I have been sorely remiss in review for this story but I must stop by and re-read every so often when I need a giggle.

hammock, red-headed triplets, and a goose a tale I'd love to hear but I'm sure it's most definitely not safe for Poor Anders caught in the middle.
Ja ne Kat chapter 6 . 1/25/2012
a coupling i never thought of, but not would have more fun together then anyone else you can pick and i do like how you get over the height problem with increasingly inventive ideas. like the stool. i did like the sick one. i've found it's a sure way to tell if a man is in it for the sex or you. if he comes to visit while you sick (and better if he stay's) he's worth keeping. i got a nintendo Wii that way once. anyway surprisingly cute in a horny sort of way but after the sick thing i think she owes varric. the hand thing didn't count she would have healed any of the members she took on the trip if they got hurt. so Varric needs something. maybe the Bartrend thing in act 2. She can tell him to send his brother to the Sanitarium. i did.

Any, this is lovely and i do hope you add more.

ja ne

Kat
silverdragon0315 chapter 6 . 1/24/2012
:D i love this fic! please please continue to write stuff like this!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »