Reviews for After the Fall
SkyGarmadon4402 chapter 1 . 1/21
These sort of stories always disgust and scare me a little. I hate the idea of slavery and owning another sentient being, even if it is a really good fanfic you wrote. It almost made me cry.
Sear chapter 1 . 1/9
This is a lovely story, thanks for sharing it.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Interesting
adelphe24 chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
urg! you just had to kill her off didn't you...hmf.
still a great story though...
Alestrel chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
Poignant - brought a lump to my throat.
femme4jack chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
A short story that really packed a punch. Thank you for making Susan an older, professional character, for her handling herself with dignity, and showing, as wrong as the situation was, that Soundwave is not a sparkless, cruel master, but genuinely cares for her in the same manner he cares for his symbiots.

I enjoyed Jazz and Prowl in the story very much, especially the detail of Soundwave getting the lethal collars for them after taking a look into Prowl's mind. Yes, I totally can see that. Such a quiet, obedient slave who is going to blow you sky high when he has the chance.

I find it so depressing that all of the humans die off in this, and yet not unrealistic considering the cataclysm the Earth has gone through. Very sad, and leaves me pondering many things.
MissMary chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
I liked that. Sad, but believable. thank you.
Shadir chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Precious, precious.
Peacewish chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Wow... that was a surprise. You must have whipped this up really fast. There were so many interesting and surprising bits to it, new twists on what has become undisputed cliche of the TF fandom. That Susan was polite and mature, for one. She was on the older side, a professional, and handled herself with poise. A far cry from the usual bratty teen Mary Sue who finds herself in a Decepticon's cage. I could see what Soundwave liked about her. She was small and vulnerable, like his cassettes, but quiet and intelligent, unlike his cassettes. A novelty. You really sold his fondness for her.

I do differ on our ideas about what Decepticons would do to Earth, but I've noticed I differ from just about everybody when it comes to that, so I'm used to it. Some other time, maybe. The most interesting aspect to this story was Jazz and Prowl. First of all, it's the first time I've seen Prowl live to get enslaved in a story, maybe because most of us writers don't quite know how he'd handle it. I think you nailed it. Quiet, oh so innocent, not at all a troublemaker - until Soundwave goes digging in that mind and discovers a plot to blow all the Decepticons to kingdom come. Yeah, you know Prowl could do it.

I giggled shrilly at the Jazz bits, of course. His quiet but inevitable revenge against Frenzy, Soundwave's looking the other way... oh yes. He doesn't tolerate Jazz with anything near the patience he does in my story, but this is not a romantic comedy. The way he tied them to each through their collars, both primed to lethal zapping, was so cruel yet so effective. It's not clear if they were a romantic pair in this story - I think you left it vague because of course Soundwave wouldn't concern himself with that - but he knew very well how devoted they were to each other and how neither would ever risk the other's life. It was heartbreakingly beautiful.
SeekerFreefall chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
While I tend to shy away from the 'Decepticons win, enslave Autobots' type of fic, you got me when you added Jazz and Prowl in. Usually in one of these stories one of the two is dead, and as a hopeless P/J romantic, I avoid those fics like the plague. I didn't care that they were background characters, I just like that they were both *alive*.

Saying that, I also like stories where Soundwave isn't an emotionless drone. He may hide his emotions, and they may not be understandable to us as human emotions, but that's fine, because he isn't human. He still cares about those important to him, but I think he'd probably vaporize us if we dared call it 'love'.

I love the imagery of the petshop humans 'cheeping' at Soundwave to get his attention! It really emphasizes the way he sees humanity at the beginning as opposed to the end of the story.

I'm pretty sure this is the only 'Decepticons win' story I'll be adding to my rereading list.
yamiishot chapter 1 . 4/25/2011