Reviews for The Best and Worst of Times
Emechuru Insania chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
gooblygook chapter 10 . 11/22/2011
Well of course he represents East Germany~ Actually, if my memory does not deceive me, Prussia overlaps where present day ALL of Germany, Czech Rebuplic, and some of Austria. Not sure what else, I'd have to check...

gooblygook chapter 6 . 11/22/2011
Am I considered a history geek when after reading the first paragraph I know the event and date and what countries point of view it's from? O.O So far thats what's happened...

captinnkirk chapter 10 . 10/3/2011
Honestly, this is my favorite chapter. It makes me happy! _
TheCoventryConundrum chapter 6 . 10/3/2011
thankyou thankyou thankyou for putting that tradition in xD
Emerald-Leaves chapter 4 . 9/11/2011
Aww! And here is the best of America, right here. "Bring me your huddled masses" ...though America calling the Statue of Liberty the "hot green chick" sort of ruined the "aww, beautiful" moment in the best way. XD Just like him to ruin the poetry of hte moment. XD

But I have to admit, when I first read "hot green chick" I instantly thought of Star Trek and Captain Kirk... I'm too much of a nerd for my own good. -_-'' Ah well. Nice chapter! :)
Emerald-Leaves chapter 3 . 9/11/2011
And here is the badside of American revenge. With revenge usually comes shame. But again, this was wonderfully written, especially the last line about how America could claim to be a hero after he unleased so much destruction.

And I just loved the fact that you were not trying to justify America right here. Even though Americans didn't really know exactly what this bomb would do, or they, in the end, just wanted to save more of their own lives, the Japanese didn't see it that way. I adore that you showed the emptiness and pain and anger in Japan. That's what they would have realistically felt at this time.

It was such a confusing thing here, the ethics and all of using the bomb, and even confusing for the Japanese because they knew that they had incurred the wrath of America, for those there, it wasn't about revenge, they were angry and furious, and in pain and shock. Great chapter!
Emerald-Leaves chapter 2 . 9/11/2011
It could just be my American patriotism acting up again, but I really REALLY loved this one!

I loved America being America, confused and instantly angry (who wouldn't be?). I loved seeing his thoughts, his raw anger here. And you got it right, from where Americans stood, they didn't DO anything. They were completely taken by surprise, and even though revenge is not neccessarily a flattering thing to admit, Americans really were out for it after this. And the title of this, "Sleeping Giant"? Perfect. Perfect title.

The only little historical detail that I found fault with (but it could just be passed as America being dramatic) is that he wasn't "completely" neutral. America had strong sympathies with the Allies and even sold weapons and ships to Britain even though we were still neutral. So America wasn't "completely" neutral, but, as I said, it could be passed as America just being too angry to think properly and being dramatic.

But I'm not sure if you want to know this or not, but I thought I might tell you another little tidbit~ Japan was pissed at America because Americans refused to sell metals (steel I think) to Japan anymore because of their strong sympathies towards the Allies. Afraid that America was just sitting waiting for the right moment to declare war, Japan launched the first attack on America before they could. Get them out of the game before they were officially a player, you see. But, of course, that backfired and just pissed Americans off and it gave FDR the PERFECT excuse he'd been looking for to declare war against the Axis powers.

And this is your history lesson for the day. Hope it didn't bore you too much if you already knew it. But I really did love this one. It was just...I don't know, by my American patriotism just flared here. Awesome chapter! :)
Emerald-Leaves chapter 1 . 9/11/2011

I loved how you showed the utter agony Britain went through, the sorrow, the fear, the worry, and even the betrayal that he felt when no one came to look for him. And although it might seem mean, but I love that his only "friend" was the radio. It was like his beacon of light in his darkest hour.

And I really adored reading about his pride of his people. How he truly believes that there are no great people than his. It was really sweet and touching.

Great first chapter here! I really loved it.
Loudheart14 chapter 9 . 9/10/2011
God bless America. I can't believe it's tomorrow..

Ten years..

I was 5 when it happened y'know

Didn't find out about it till I was 9 or 10.

Oh Gosh how shocked I was...

Now everytime I see NYC on tv, I realize the empty spar in the skyline

God Bless the USA
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 9 . 9/10/2011
As someone who's made good use of the 'song-fic' technique, I've got to say, you've completely nailed it. I love every single one of these chapters, particularly the first...they're all just so _powerful_. I wish I could write like this.
Loudheart14 chapter 8 . 7/11/2011
Dude...THIS. IS. EPIC. Now I feel bad that I'm American..but we did try to help them..we really did..

Anyway, this was beautifully written. Hope you updade soon.
captinnkirk chapter 8 . 6/23/2011
You made me cry.
KitKatssie chapter 6 . 6/19/2011
I have two ideas for chapters you might be able to do, if you still need ideas. I don't know if they've been brought up already but in case not here they are!

Russia-Bloody Sunday

England- His 'Golden Age' the Elizabethan period.

hope it helps! please update soon!
OMGitsgreen chapter 6 . 6/17/2011
I'm honestly 100% in love with this fic. I was just wondering if there was going to be a Holocaust chapter and stuff, but seriously, this fic could not be anymore perfect for a history geek like myself! I love love love love this fic! :D