Reviews for The Crown of Mètis
CockByteHuntress chapter 1 . 6/17
this is beautifully written
Sid chapter 1 . 4/17
Enjoyed it. Well worth a read.
Dolphelecat chapter 1 . 3/10
I am completely in love with this story!
birdandthebell chapter 1 . 3/7
Wow. This was great.
The Wayland Smith chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
That was truly amazing. It was one of the best, most well thought out stories I've read on here. I applaud you and your creative genius. I particularly loved your depiction of Tom's fascination and his obsessive tendencies, along with his arrogance and charm, particularly when pitted against Verdandi's personality. This has to be in the top five stories I've read on here.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
Awesome. Love this so much.
Magesa chapter 1 . 4/21/2015
Good god, I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. This was really an exceptionally well-written fic. Your conception of White magic was fascinating, but what really impressed me about this story was the characterization, both of Voldemort and Verdandi, and their interaction together. I am nearly always disappointed by fics which include Voldemort because he is rarely drawn well. You have retained the fullness of his evil, and yet made him into a seductive and human main character. Despite all of the flashbacks and the times when Harry sees through Voldemort's eyes, he never seemed truly human to me in the Harry Potter books. But here he did, unsettlingly so. He was irredeemably evil - there was no forced redemption or bizarre sympathy toward his evilness - but human. Verdandi, also, was very well-drawn. She never truly lost her mystery, but we learned just enough about her, saw just enough into her mind and her vulnerability and her secrets, to feel quite satisfied. The chemistry and dangerous interplay between Voldemort and Verdandi really existed in the writing and was not merely proclaimed. I really felt the way that they were opposite (opposite, of course, meaning exactly alike, except in one diametrically opposed dimension). I was so sad to reach the end of this story. Thank you for writing it!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
mehhhhhhhhh, wish I hadn't read. Your dialogue and descriptions were good enough to keep drawing me in, but nothing very interesting happened. Everything was very predictable, there was little conflict.
MaiWishes chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
Wow. I admire so much how creative this was and so in depth in characterization. This is your own story in a way very few fanfics are. I wasn't going to read if because of the OC, but I am so glad the amount of favs made me curious, that was quite an OC. Tom's years where he vanished always had me curious too and the study into Light and Dark magic was intriguing. Thank you for the new headcanons.
The Dark One Rising chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
I almost put this down because of the slow beginging, but boy, am I glad I didn't! I cannot find finds to describe this piece of writing, though I shall try! Superb! Simply marvelous! Enchanting!
sora kazega chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
I agree with you on it that J.K. Rowling didn't explore her magic all that much, she could have done so much more with it. Her historical mindset, as can be shown by this very fi itself, is off too. I mean she put Merlin into Slyterin, and the fact that Herpo the Foul is the creator of a horcrux? Yeah, no. Anyway, rambling aside I like how you portrayed Tom ( as much of him still lives) and I too plan to do a bit more with his hiatus, though i'd call it a sabbatical.

All in all thanks for writing this marvel,

S.K.
FearOfDeathIsIllogical chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Excellent story.
Anarade Relle chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
I greatly enjoyed this- and I agree fully with your concept of Voldemort traveling the world. In many fics "White" or "Light" Magic are depicted as simply "good" in a peusdo-Christian sense. The version you've developed here seems to me to possess a great deal more room for both development and usage in story and plot. I thought Voldemort came off as evil enough. Not a campy, crazy, over the top type of evil some choose to portray him in possession of; a sane man set on his course by external factors and internal considerations/desires. In anycase I'm glad I stumbled upon this work. Well-done.
Oh I am Slain chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
'Twas fascinating, one of the best and original HP stories out of the thousands I have read.

Two questions:
1. How do you go about writing fics? What steps do you take in your planning and drafting process?
2. Would you be able to provide any specific examples of what you did to become more skilled at writing?

Anyway, I hope you write more original, not-tried-before fics like this. Cheers!
The M.H.T.of R chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Wow. That was one of the best fanfictions I have ever read. The conflict, the moral questions, all of it, magnificent. Only one thing I would have you change, and that it that J. K. Rowling revealed that Nagini is actually the snake Harry let loose on Dudley in the first book.

Kudos!