Reviews for The Crown of Mètis
mehhhhhhhhh, wish I hadn't read. Your dialogue and descriptions were good enough to keep drawing me in, but nothing very interesting happened. Everything was very predictable, there was little conflict.
MaiWishes chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
Wow. I admire so much how creative this was and so in depth in characterization. This is your own story in a way very few fanfics are. I wasn't going to read if because of the OC, but I am so glad the amount of favs made me curious, that was quite an OC. Tom's years where he vanished always had me curious too and the study into Light and Dark magic was intriguing. Thank you for the new headcanons.
The Dark One Rising chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
I almost put this down because of the slow beginging, but boy, am I glad I didn't! I cannot find finds to describe this piece of writing, though I shall try! Superb! Simply marvelous! Enchanting!
sora kazega chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
I agree with you on it that J.K. Rowling didn't explore her magic all that much, she could have done so much more with it. Her historical mindset, as can be shown by this very fi itself, is off too. I mean she put Merlin into Slyterin, and the fact that Herpo the Foul is the creator of a horcrux? Yeah, no. Anyway, rambling aside I like how you portrayed Tom ( as much of him still lives) and I too plan to do a bit more with his hiatus, though i'd call it a sabbatical.

All in all thanks for writing this marvel,

S.K.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Excellent story.
Anarade Relle chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
I greatly enjoyed this- and I agree fully with your concept of Voldemort traveling the world. In many fics "White" or "Light" Magic are depicted as simply "good" in a peusdo-Christian sense. The version you've developed here seems to me to possess a great deal more room for both development and usage in story and plot. I thought Voldemort came off as evil enough. Not a campy, crazy, over the top type of evil some choose to portray him in possession of; a sane man set on his course by external factors and internal considerations/desires. In anycase I'm glad I stumbled upon this work. Well-done.
Oh I am Slain chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
'Twas fascinating, one of the best and original HP stories out of the thousands I have read.

Two questions:
1. How do you go about writing fics? What steps do you take in your planning and drafting process?
2. Would you be able to provide any specific examples of what you did to become more skilled at writing?

Anyway, I hope you write more original, not-tried-before fics like this. Cheers!
The M.H.T.of R chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Wow. That was one of the best fanfictions I have ever read. The conflict, the moral questions, all of it, magnificent. Only one thing I would have you change, and that it that J. K. Rowling revealed that Nagini is actually the snake Harry let loose on Dudley in the first book.

Kudos!

Tsarina
turningbackthetimeturner chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
What a neat-o story this was! I normally stay away from OC fics (especially if it involves Tom) due to a large portion of them being cardboard cutout Mary Sues. Lady Verdandi was the farthest thing from that. Quite the interesting character, she seemed so real and it didn't feel like a stretch to imagine this happening.

The amount of thought put into a more powerful side of light spells is a very intriguing idea, especially when there are so many fics that have Harry (or any other character, really) become more powerful only through the use of Dark Arts. I guess no one thought about this possibility.

Exploration of what Tom possibly did in those "lost years", a very cool OC, study of magic... What's not to like? ;)
AvalonLyon chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Damn you blindsided me out of nowhere with that story. It was amazing! The description was so full and rich and it stayed so in character. I was a little worried at the end Voldie would go all mushy but you stayed strong and I loved it!
Aleriaxx chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
This is so beautiful, and so well written! I can picture the images in my head; you write it like it's a poem. I love how every single fact seems so carefully written and researched. This is great and you are an amazing writer!
The Warrior Within chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Undeniably Beautiful.
Mellow chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
I love your fic and the way you present white magic.
After all, Good doesnt have to mean Nice.
Lady Seven Sky chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I really love your story, and Verdandi. It's the first one I favorited.
animato22 chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
awesome plot nice writing etc etc... lovely piece of work but just so few review ;) ... oh well u got one more now :)
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »