Reviews for Paved with Good Intentions: Blue Eyes, Violet Eyes
ohmygodagiantrock chapter 77 . 2/10
I find Seto's explanation of how he feels for and how he sympathizes with his synthetic brother surprising and yet perfect. Surprising, perhaps, because I figured his agreeing to let the former antagonist back into their lives was based solely on humoring Mokuba's desire to know Noa, but that he still harbored some level of the contention with him shown in the anime. Perfect, because it just is, and it shows a much deeper level of appreciation for Noa than I realized Seto had.

I think I re-read that section of dialogue four times over, it just rang so perfectly.

I hope you update again soon.
Jack Inqu chapter 77 . 2/9
Well, this should be interesting...

Take care, good luck, and I look forward to your next update.
Queen Shadowclan chapter 77 . 2/1
I absolutely love it! Oh how I missed my Kaiba brothers. Now time for the other PwGI stories to be updated ;)
TheEagerScribbler chapter 77 . 2/1
I've loved just about everything that comes from your keyboard since I've discovered your work, but this is probably my favorite arc yet- the concept is fascinating to me and I look forward to seeing what else you have to say about it. I hope that you decide to continue, but I understand that real life commitments and your own desire to focus on other things come first.

Watching the two big brothers together is interesting-I like the contrast between the Kaibas and Mokubas. It seems as though the Older Mokuba has Kaiba's ruthlessness from when he was younger. Kaiba has done a lot of growing up in the years between the end of the series and when you write him, so I suppose the Older Mokuba hasn't had that chance yet because his time line is a little behind ours. There's also the differences in their personal history to consider, so I suppose that could play a part in it too.

Also, this may be a dumb question, but are they really simulations or are they from an alternate universe? Are they from (or inspired by) the world that you wrote about in At Sixes and Sevens?
Kintatsujo chapter 77 . 1/31
Aaaaaa, aaaaaaand, AAAAAAAAA *fails hands*
nonnie chapter 64 . 12/8/2016
why do i have the strangest feeling that bakura's playing gambit and screwing over anyone he catches in-game shit-talking it? 'oh we were rolling greed on this rare mount and not need? so sorry' 'oh i'm sorry did i redirect the main tank's threat to the other healer and wipe the raid /again/? so sorry.' 'if you didn't want to be corpse-camped you shouldn't have rolled on a pvp server, transfer or get gud'.
ohmygodagiantrock chapter 76 . 5/29/2016
I have a hard time with the role-switch of the Kaiba's ages where it's crept into your other stories, but this one genuinely amuses me. Perhaps it's because our Kaiba brothers are present to engage with their counterparts-I'm not sure. But I really love this segment of Paved. Noa's inclusion is fun enough, but when paired with all of this, it's rather amusing (and yet still definitely dark).
Nachzes Black-Rider chapter 76 . 5/28/2016
You know, it makes perfect sense to me that (despite what those unfamiliar with the Kaiba brothers might think), Mokuba as the elder brother would be FAR more protective and vengeful than Seto. Not that our Seto isn't...but he's learned to let his Mokuba have some freedoms, and like you said, he tries NOT to have murder be a habit. It's interesting to read between the lines to not only the differences in upbringing (?), but also how the little differences in personality make for truly distinct characters, and a truly distinct storyline. So many people would treat this as an opportunity to just showcase a chibi!Seto, and I applaud you for taking it for what it really is - the chance to tell the story from an entirely new angle.
Becauseforonce chapter 76 . 5/27/2016
...Oh, shiitake mushrooms. Noa messed up.

I AM SUPER EXCITED YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW. Mokuba killed Pegasus?! DJSBSJVS

SETO IS SO GOOD WITH LITTLE SETO I CAN'T
AM83220 chapter 76 . 5/27/2016
What an intriguing ending! And I'm guessing that Mokuba's disbelief that Kaiba let Pegasus live AND the fact that he has sharper reflexes than Kaiba are the product of his *ahem* training?
Nachzes Black-Rider chapter 75 . 5/27/2016
I am SOOOO pumped for this storyline, you have NO IDEA. (Well, actually, you probably do...since you're writing it, you're obviously excited too.) But seriously. I cannot WAIT for the update when it comes. Watching the different Mokubas and Setos interact is FASCINATING.
Becauseforonce chapter 75 . 5/26/2016
JFJFCJFJFDUFBJBLGXHDXHDBH

AAAAAAAAAGH

YOU CAN'T END THERE

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!

This is SUCH A DELIGHT, though. Tying little Seto into the main storyline! And I can't wait to find out what Noa's up to!
kat79 chapter 75 . 3/13/2016
Love Kaiba! You write Seto so well and his interactions with the Yami and the others is great! Also the backup plan thing does seem to happen a lot to Seto- even in ancient Eygpt (back up plan/successor for the pharoah anyone?) and it was interesting that Seto acknowledged that. I hope he is also determined to do his own thing and not just be a backup plan.

Also really interesting how through the alternate Kaiba brothers you've referenced the fact that so many times what Seto wanted has been completely ignored. I mean I get that Yugi/Yami/the gang are dealing with the fate of the world at stake etc. but still no is supposed to mean no and they tend to ignore or run roughshod over Kaiba when he says no to things. Which is kind of ironic for "good" and "friendship" people because forcing themselves(their company)/their ideals on other people or changing them (magic, past lives, millennium objects etc) without their consent is not good. But when Seto is the little one and has a Kaiba (Mokuba) to defend him instead, Seto's safety and his "no"s probably have to be taken much more seriously. Which makes me wonder how alternate Yugi and his gang and the world have survived this long? Have Seto and Mokuba still been helping them? Does little Seto believe in magic?

Also can't wait to see Seto's (older one) dueling skills and dealing with magic stuff.
Love last line- "let's go hunt with dragons"
It's amazing and I can't wait to see Seto and dragons!
dragonlady222 chapter 75 . 3/11/2016
Nice chapter. I am glad someone got through to the elder Mokuba. I hope they can help.
RRR98 chapter 75 . 3/5/2016