Reviews for The Distance Getting Close
oregonbird chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Glorious schmoop. Top quality, from the dark side of the menu. Excellent capture on the characters, never a boring moment.
Nimthiriel Eruhin chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
There's always a need for more Lestrde an Sherlock fluffiness in the world. Thanks for a great read!
Hcolt chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
I so enjoy that your stories fill in the moments and humanize the characters in a way we don't see on the show
Meew3 chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
Ohhhh ! You make me love Lestrade more and more with each story!
Narramin chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
Really, really beautiful.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
Ah, beautiful. I love the relationship you have devised for the two of them here and all that might have happened between them. The characterization was really great and the dialogue flowed perfectly. I just... wow... really liked this one. Great job! :D
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
That was beautiful. I think that is exactly how their friendship started. Thanks for sharing.
merlinfan01 chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
That was beautiful. Just breathtaking.
mudkipz chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Yup, I cried. Cried like a little bitch. Thank you.
Riya Morut chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
I so wish I could play the violin. It's such a lovely instrument that people don't mind when they hear others practice it. Instead I play the horn, which is so loud the others in my apartment building complain or applaud, however they're feeling.

Music is so powerful, and the fact that Sherlock uses it to show "all of the feeling he seemed unwilling or unable to express in other ways" is so touching. In the original Doyle stories it always struck me that Sherlock would remember John's favorite songs, and would play them when he was having a bad day. In many ways he is so cold, condescending, and inhuman, but with music he can communicate as others do, just for a little while.

Lovely, lovely story. Of course, I'm partial to it, being a music teacher, but it's a gorgeous statement of the friendship between Sherlock and Lestrade regardless. Well done.
Aileil chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Thank you for this beauty. Your writing is not unlike Sherlock's music.
katherine chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
I can't ! I can't ! I am in love with this ! I laughed so hard At the yarder picking his nose! I just love Sherlocks way, he just wants to fix problems and most people wouldn't see at first how much he cares. Everything about this story was just a joy to read !
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Beautiful.
TA Salmalin chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Sherlock being empathetic...will wonders never cease? The Lestrade-Sherlock interaction here is so interesting, and the violin...thanks for posting!
gaap237 chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
This was excellent. It is just Sherlock being Sherlock yet showing how he cares for Lestrade, which I am sure he does. I loved the dynamic between them. I always see Lestrade as kind of a fatherly figure for Sherlock. Great job