Reviews for A place called Home
sheliestothestars chapter 7 . 3/10/2014
Wow! I just read this story over the course of several hours and now I have a horrible case of "I don't know what to do with my life". I realize you probably won't read this but I thought I'd let you know that I very much loved this story and it quickly rose into one of my favourite fics ever and definitely a favourite recent read. Gorgeously written, full of beauty and pain and I just can't deal. I just finished reading less than an hour ago and I already feel the need to read it again. Thank you so much. Truly a great piece of writing.
IsabellaKatherine chapter 7 . 6/18/2013
Wow this one is definetly my fave of your stories!

I love the way that you take just a few things that happened in the show & mix them in with your own situations and characters!

Clearly your life has moved on & you haven't written any fic in awhile, but I hope whatever you are doing that you have continued with your writing because you are a very good writer! :-)
Schatze8210 chapter 7 . 9/21/2011
What an incredibly wonderful story. All the angst ofset by comforting, and of course truly brilliant people to get the job done!
sg-1fanintn chapter 7 . 4/5/2009
I just finished this epic last night, and had to come back to to let you know how much I enjoyed it. Great story! Great imagery!

And a really, good shippy read. Thanks!
Linda66 chapter 7 . 1/21/2009
whew...That was long but oh so worth it...It was brilliant, I could almost feel what they were feeling...I loved it :D
zats chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
Rereading your story for the second time. Still one of the best novel like stories of Jack/Sam relationship. Thank you.
SG1 Animal chapter 7 . 2/23/2008
I loved this story. It was a trek, but man, it was worth it.. I'm so devotedly Hero Jack that it was like.. "all these new guys are sg1 and saved the world? Jack didn't?" but it was done so well that I really liked your characters too.

Really great story..

I've spent the last 2 hours reading it! fab tho.. I will be reading more tomorrow!

Congrats!
Josephine Martin chapter 7 . 3/14/2007
Wonderful story - with so much depth that it felt real. Thank you.
smithcrafter chapter 7 . 12/21/2006
This is one review for the entire story. VERY GOOD!
SG1-Fanfic chapter 7 . 6/17/2004
This was a fantastic story!
Grav chapter 7 . 4/6/2004
Well, I guess this counts as a happy ending, as depressing as it is. Unfortunately, the one thing that I think I will remember forever from this story (aside from Bird), is "The Stargate fell on it." which is just unreasonably funny, even though I am not quite sure why. As far as AUs go, this one was very very well done. You kept the parallel running nicely (I must say, I wish Paul Thomas had really been there for One Hundred Days). I also liked thatyou left the Tok'ra out. More trouble than they're worth.
Anyway, fantastic job, as always. Your OCs were great, and your characterizations of the old gurad were all fantastic. Wel done.
Grav chapter 6 . 4/6/2004
I can't remember if I've said this already, but I really love Mason. He's awesome.
I also love the bond between Sam and Cassie, how it transcended the AUness of the story. I think I just invented a word.
Anyway, you also write Teal'c very well, and your Sam is currently breaking my heart, even though I completely understand why she's thinking what she's thinking, and even agree with her a bit. And I am glad Catherine and Ernest get their happily ever after. Hopefully everyone else will follow suit.
Grav chapter 5 . 4/6/2004
Today I added another piece of wisdom to the "Everything I Needed to Know I Learned from Fan Fic" list: never insult alien birds. I love that bird, he's awesome.
I'm so glad we got Alex back! And I really liked how you've substituted the OCs into what "really" happened after The Torment of Tantalus. It's very good.
Grav chapter 4 . 4/6/2004
Yeah for Christmas in . . . April. Or whenever. A year and a half, eh? I really, really, want them to be rescued, but I am glad that they are starting to settle in. A bit.
Meanwhile, back on earth, I'm still very much enamoured with the SG-1 situation, although I am upset that we're losing Alex, just when things were starting to look up. Still, at least they're happy. Ish.
I get a rescue, right?
Grav chapter 3 . 4/6/2004
Ah, poor Danny! He keeps trying, and it just isn't working, but he got close! As far as original characters go, the new SG-1 team is very well done. I can't remember if I've said this already, but I really like Ernest's POV, with the two Catherines. Especially since he almost put them together (I'm something of a happy ending freak).