Reviews for Steel Held Tight
Woodswolf chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
With each step, Coraline felt her heavy load of steel and silver, and decided it was time to play.

Oh my god, this is AMAZING. SO AMAZING.

You, good sir/ma'am/whatever, are boss. Just like Bobinsky.
Hatter and Hare Productions chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
Dear Vixit,

It's now official. Bobinky is BOSS.

In all seriousness, the story was awesome. I loved the concept, and I must agree that Coraline should of planned a little more for her battle with the forces of Evil. It was all well written, especially Boninsky. I always thought that there was more going on in his head than he let on...or he received a bullet to the brain and he's really looney tunes. Regardless, the style was superb, and I hight doubt that the Other Mother would of enjoyed round two as much as the first. (Coraline kicks the door open. "SAY ELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!)

Ahem, good job.

Sincerly Mad,

The Marvelous March Hare
mist shadow chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
ah yes, sometimes a few minutes to take a breath, to stop and think about the next step change the outcome, because ideas that seemed brilliant to a desperate mind, turn out to be not that brilliant under sun light. but sometimes, in their wake, a better idea comes
Darklooshkin chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
And lo, the rescue scene came to be scored to Ripley's rescue music. And all rejoiced.
Black Satellite chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Holy crap, this premise is awesome! It makes me feel more excited for Coraline before she goes to battle, rather than feeling like screaming "GET SOME WEAPONS!" at the screen.

Your Mr. Bonbinsky is good. His weapons stash is more than a little intimidating, and the story of Locksnept makes the fic's universe seem larger, rather than just Coraline getting weapons and setting off.

Thanks for writing this!
Jiopaba chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Good God yes.

Her actions made sense within the context of a kids film... but that's about it. As soon as you try to think about it for real Fridge Logic sets in and you wonder why she didn't at least take the kitchen knives or something. Even if her parents didn't seem the type to own a gun, she was seriously marching off to battle with the intent to utterly destroy a foe which had a professed desire to cut out her eyes and turn her into some sort of slave.

It's very poignant, the way it leaves off. I still think I'd like it more if it extended a bit more in each direction. Perhaps the actions of a wiser Coraline acting before this point. Most notably I'd be interested in all 'four' of her parents reactions when she shows up and blows Other-mother's skull across the room in a shower of faerie gore.
alethiophile chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Never seen Coraline, but this story is to win.
tenchifew chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
This one shot is so very nice. Would love to see more of it but even so it is just great.

Thank you for writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Let's play call of duty! I liked it. My only problem is that Bobinski always calls her Caroline in the movie. Otherwise it's well done, and I'd love to see how the fight plays out. 8)
Eidetiker for Melodies chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
I enjoyed it.

Er. Yeah, I'm not very good at qualitative commentary, am I?
Gabo 1602 chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Very nice. A couple of typos, but you really got into Gaiman's style, I think. Excellent piece, and if you've read any more Gaiman, I'd love to read fanfics about them.
Sarah chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
This is awesome! I can't wait to rare what happens next!