Reviews for Letters to Saudi Arabia
Platinum Trickster chapter 15 . 2/4/2012
Thank God, for a second I thought you would stop with this. That would be a shame bcause I like the letter fics.

You know, I really like that you made Saudi Arabia a girl, because that's how I imagine her.
VampireLolita17 chapter 15 . 1/26/2012
Good on you for sticking to it and you're completely right. It doesn't go against the rules in any shape/form, they're just jealous of your talent and this shouldn't be deleted! It's great!

Please continue~! I would write one myself but I'm not really good at it and I don't watch enough Hetalia. :)
katzsoa chapter 15 . 7/23/2011
That little... He really...? For the love of...

What does he think he's going to do, go all over fanficnet and hunt down all the letterfics? And then maybe he can go to the Hunger Games section and make all the submit-a-tribute fics disappear! And that list of "Pet Peeves" on his profile is a messy mix of valid claims and ridiculous ones. Sometimes randomness is fun! And songfics are NOT against the rules as long as you say where the song's from! And how is this letterfic "annoying"? I LIKED interacting with Saudi!

...if you really want to, then go ahead and delete it. But I don't like people who try to conform the site to what they think it should be by telling people to delete their stories. Whether they're "polite" about it or not, it's. Not. Nice.

Well, I hope to see more of you elsewhere-and more of Saudi would be nice! (Unless someone decides that OC Nations are "not allowed". :P Actually, even if THAT happens, I wouldn't get rid of my Israel for the world.)
TaiyouChan chapter 1 . 7/23/2011

This story violates the rules/guidelines of .

Interactive stories are not allowed, so it would be much appreciated if this were removed.

almostinsane chapter 14 . 6/27/2011

France... Is... Evil. I was courting his vote in the U.N but then Sarah arrived and he suggested that he, Sarah, and I... He's lucky I was sent instead of Gaza!

West Bank
katzsoa chapter 13 . 6/27/2011
Dear Saudi Arabia,

Someday... With G-d's help...

We'll have to go see this whale when we visit for his birthday, then, to find out for sure!

I don't think that our bosses read our letters. At least, I don't think they do... Prime Minister Netanyahu's never said anything to me about any of my correspondence.

evemiliana chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Hola Arabia Saudita,

me llamo Nicaragua. I saw that you were writing letters. lo siento, but I don't really know much about your country. I am in Central America and I almost never hear anything about Middle Eastern countries. Would it be okay if you explained some of your history to me? I could explain some of mine as well if you like,

Hasta Luego,

Nicaragua (Luisa Rodriguez)

((I saw this and I couldn't resist~ But since it's Nicaragua, she doesn't really know much about middle eastern countries.))
Alix Cohen chapter 14 . 6/27/2011

Of course I want to grill! It's the Fourth of July, you always have to have a cookout on the Fourth of July! Speaking of which, should I make veggie burgers too?

I used to keep Whale in Chesapeake Bay, but England complained that he was disrupting after a while, I found a pod for him in the Pacific. Maybe he'll come visit, tho it's a pain getting him through the Panama Canal.

PS Cake sounds awesome! are actually going to make it, right? The cake is not a lie?
Alix Cohen chapter 11 . 6/27/2011

Your dates grow on trees? Lucky...*googles* oh. You weren't asking me out. *pouts* But Wikipedia says they're sweeter than apples, so why not?

My forest fires...well, they don't seem to be getting better. They show up every year, like an allergy. But I'll still be able to do the grilling at the party!

Heroically yours,

PS Yes, I do have a whale. I met him about 150 years ago, when I went to make friends with Japan, and he came home with me. He's very sweet, but it was hard to find a place for him-he doesn't exactly fit in a swimming pool.
katzsoa chapter 12 . 6/26/2011
(((Cake? Really? CAKE! YAAAAY!)))

(((...sorry, that's my inner Portal geek reacting to being offered cake, haha. After playing that game, I can't even look at a cake without thinking "HA! The cake is NOT a lie!")))

(((Completely unrelated, but when I logged in just now, the computer wanted me to do the typing-the-words-to-prove-you're-human thing, and one of the words was ECONOMY. Funny!)))

Dear Saudi Arabia,

Just in it for the oil, huh? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but then why does he support me at all? I don't have anything that he could want.

It's not just /your/ past attitude, Saudi... America says I should be more open to others, but it's very hard, because nearly everyone I've opened up to has turned on me. All the way back to...

...never mind.

You know, I wonder where America keeps his whale. And he has that little alien guy, too... What's his name, Tommy? Tony? Something like that.

I sure HOPE that that was just his cluelessness talking! I doubt he knows what dates are. They're not fast food. Honestly, do you ever see him without a hamburger?

(((It appears we're bonding over America-bashing. His birthday party WILL be fun, ha ha!)))
katzsoa chapter 9 . 6/26/2011
Dear Saudi Arabia,

He would ask for free oil, wouldn't he? No matter how high he holds himself, you and my other neighbors will have his dependency on it as something to hold over him... Strange that I have none, even though I'm surrounded by oil-rich nations. It may be basheret, a blessing, that I am not a part of that conflict, too.

A female nation with such limiting laws... I can hardly imagine how difficult that must be for you. It's a kind of internal struggle I've never had, thank G-d.

...You sound genuine, at least. I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions, but can you really blame me for being wary?

The Western countries know nothing. I'm not afraid to say it. They know nothing.

Most people say that they know the answer and can give me advice; it's strange to hear you say that you can't! But it's honest, and I appreciate it. There are too many conflicting "solutions" already.

P.S.: I'd advise /against/ getting America a camel for his birthday. The thing with nations' pets is that they're about as immortal as we are. No need to have two semi-immortal camels running around, ken? My Aaron is enough of a handful as it is.

(((Maybe Israel and Saudi Arabia can become friends in this letterfic! That would be nice! I made friends with Lebanon in another letterfic; now /that/ was /really/ interesting.)))
Alix Cohen chapter 8 . 6/26/2011
I guess you're right about the oil...meh. And I've got nowhere to put a camel...well, maybe in Texas, or Arizona once the forest fires...and anyway. I have enough to do looking after Whale. But I like dates! And I'm free most Friday nights...what works for you?

See you,

((Note: America's being clueless, not creepy. And I hate seasonal allergies too; feel better soon!))
almostinsane chapter 7 . 6/24/2011
Salaam Kerima,

Well, I'm doing fine, I guess. Things aren't heated up right now and that's good in my book. How are things with your boss?

katzsoa chapter 7 . 6/24/2011
Dear Saudi Arabia,

That's America for you. However, he /was/ the first nation to recognize my statehood, and he's usually very supportive, so I guess I owe him some gratitude... And yes, he did invite me to his party. I'll go, provided there's no new disaster that I have to deal with between now and then.

I support your women's efforts! ...but do you? I've often wondered...

Talking about peace is good and fine, but then people have to act on it!

West Bank has written you as well, I see... Where does he get the idea that people say he's the bad guy? The media favors him and Gaza much more than it favors me! When you talk of "those who have not done wrong" and "are turned into the bad guys because that's what people want to think", that's ME you're talking about. And don't encourage him, Saudi, PLEASE don't encourage him to strike! That won't make peace! Besides, I never strike first, never! Do you know that I have towns near Gaza that are bombed almost daily? And that suicide bombers from West kill Jews and Muslims indiscriminately? What am I supposed to do, stand back and watch my people burn?

"Shalom" means peace. We need more of it, now.

Alix Cohen chapter 4 . 6/24/2011

Great! I'm glad you two are talking to each other! You're welcome *strikes heroic pose* And of course all my citizens can vote; that's what makes me so awesome! Well, one of the things.

Really? *pouts* You could call it a birthday present :)

See you,