Reviews for Changing Fate
Tau Warlord chapter 17 . 11/15/2014
The transformers movies suck dicks
Guest chapter 3 . 10/24/2013
Solheim - the original intended surname for Ms. Lawson. Well, I guess you do know a lot on Mass Effect, don't you? Nice reference.
Ecomadness chapter 22 . 1/9/2013
Really awesome story saddend u abandoned I up u update someday.
MitisVenatrix chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Super interesting premise, and love your writing style. Will be looking forward to reading more when I can steal more downtime. :D
TheLastHuman chapter 22 . 3/17/2012
I read the whole the story (again) in one sitting, and a really like the Shepard you painted out. You should really update
FloridaMagpie chapter 14 . 3/6/2012
Masterfully done. It isn't easy to handle that many story threads, but you did it wel.
Sypher chapter 22 . 2/4/2012
Absolutely love the idea and execution so far. I'm glad you didn't just do a name swap and have Miranda basically act like Jack does in game. I like the fact she is smarter and more sophisticated instead of a lunatic. Her addiction to red sand is also a nice touch and gives her a lot more depth. I also find it funny that Jack is an even bigger ice queen than Miranda is in game. Looking forward to more.
RakeeshJ4 chapter 20 . 1/2/2012
There are plenty of atheists in foxholes:)
RakeeshJ4 chapter 19 . 1/2/2012
Jack's attitude towards Miranda is...well, it's baffling and bluntly hypocritical. How can she claim to be well informed about humanity and, well, simply say (and think, so far as the story suggests) to Miranda, "Yeah, we messed you up, but you did most of this to yourself."

I mean, she just doesn't strike me as so totally unaware and internally dishonest. I can understand her disapproving and even despising Miranda for her criminality, but she takes it too far to be anything but deeply dishonest about Cerberus. The antagonism between Garrus and Shepard seems likewise forced and articial-the latter is himself anti-authority, and routinely steps over the line, not unlike Garrus, who doesn't work for him. Why would Shepard feel entitled to his obedience, especially when he robs him of his vengeance, in a way that he doesn't let people rob him? Is he as much of a hypocrite as Jack?
RakeeshJ4 chapter 15 . 1/1/2012
Enjoyable story, thanks for sharing:)

In the constructive criticism department: tIM and Shepard's interactions ring false. The latter stooping to gloat and sneer, and the former meekly swallowing pride without pointing out something along the lines of, "Cut the shit, you need me at least as much as I need you, obviously."

The abrupt depowering of Shepard seems to serve as superpowering Jack, more than anything, and it's more than a little silly that she would bluntly threaten to kill him, or that he'd believe her. It's downright baffling that she would be near Miranda's biotic power level, much less above it.

I could be wrong, it's just that...hmm. There's a strong whiff of 'Go Cerberus rah rah!' coming from the story. If I'm right about that, I include it here because that sort of thing basically never works out well. Particularly in a case such as Cerberus, where their case is so riddled with self (as much as species) advancement and hypocrisy.
Liege Lord chapter 22 . 12/7/2011
Excellent story. Love the concept behind it. :)

Kaidan's reaction should be interesting, especially now he's seen the fake background Kasumi made and thinks it's real.
AgentDuck chapter 22 . 10/28/2011
Nice work.

Love how you wove Chuck's Sarah Walker and Anna Woo into the Mass Effect storyline. Strangely, it fits. Probe the best TV show around at the moment.

Anyway, great work with what you've written so far, and espescially loving the banter between Jack and Miranda - or just Miranda. Together, everything reads really well and it is enjoyable to imagine everything that goes on between the lines. Keep going with what you're doing and you'll have several readers following you.

Cheers,

BancsBubble
Janizary chapter 22 . 10/12/2011
"Well, %$# me sideways." Alenko blurted out as the rest of his coffee spilled across his fatigues.

Heh, loved that line.

And...I thought you'd be eaten by dingoes you'd been away so long. ;)

And, Burn Notice. Love it.
bluemarlin chapter 22 . 10/11/2011
Another first rate chapter. Enjoyed the conflict between Jack and Miranda. Looking forward to how you resolve it or not and if the two develop a friendship and/or respect for one another. Interesting that Jack describes Miranda as 'walking bag of bones'. Hope Miranda gets her hair back and looks. Not seeing much of Miranda's genius level intelligence yet but hope too. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Polyphoenix chapter 22 . 10/11/2011
Another great chapter.

Loved the reasoning behind the loyalty mission and earning Miranda and Kasumi's aid. Made sense.

Great take on birthing Grunt too. Completely within character and within the plot to appeal to his desire to kill an entire race.

Seems like Shepard's relationship with Garrus might be ever-so-slightly evolving. Curious to see how you evolve this, but I don't think anyone is going to be complaining to see their friendship possibly begin.

Still very much in the dark as to who the love interest will be. Will Jack thaw a bit? Will Miranda get serious about something? Is there anything happening period?

Chuck fan here...so definitely noticed the aliases you're using. :)