Reviews for Her Voice
TimelordBlues chapter 2 . 6/15/2012
I'm enjoying it so far, but her name wasn't Anita. It was Rita.
BlueNeutrino chapter 5 . 10/27/2011
Aw, I don't know how you managed to bring me close to tears so many times in such a short chapter! That was wonderful. So emotional and really poignant.

But...you might want to sort out the formatting. The second part is all centre aligned and I think that wasn't intentional. Isn't it just supposed to be Rita's thoughts that are in the centre rather than the descriptions?

Still loved it though. Don't stress yourself out with trying to update too much or too fast. I know I've done the 'stay-up-til-three-in-the-morning-writing' thing before, but make sure you're getting plenty of rest too! Just keep going at whatever pace feels right, because you're a really good writer and you'll be at your best when you're not tired or in a rush to get the chapter finished.
BlueNeutrino chapter 4 . 10/14/2011
So sorry I didn't review this sooner! I've been a bit busy and I was trying to make time to read this, but I ended up almost forgetting about it. However, I've remembered now and I'm very glad I did!

I loved that chapter. I really like how you're exploring Rita's feelings towards her sister and Robin, as well as showing how she deals with seeing Dave go on without her. It's really interesting to see how she reacts to everything Anna's saying about her, and I think you portrayed her anger and frustration very well.
BlueNeutrino chapter 3 . 8/31/2011
That was a wonderful chapter! I love how you're showing Rita watching everything that goes on but how she can't interact with anyone.

This is quite a thought-provoking story as it does make you wonder what it's like for Rita to watch her kids grow up without them even knowing she's there. Also, it makes you think about how Rita will react to Dave and Sarah's relationship when she knows there's nothing she can do about it.

You're doing a very good job of portraying her thoughts and emotions in this. It's a really interesting story and I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter. Nice work and keep going.
Aurelia chapter 2 . 8/10/2011
Hi!

I just finished watching the show and in search for fanfiction came across your lovely story. Thanks for writing and sharing!

I found it really sad to read - but that's normal with such a theme. Especially when she sees Dave suffer and can't help him - heartbreaking.

A very interesting approach to write from Ritas POV, I'm looking forward to more!

Thanks again for sharing!

Yours, Auri :)
BlueNeutrino chapter 2 . 8/10/2011
Great chapter! I'm glad you're writing more on this. It's interesting how you're doing it from Rita's POV and I love the way you show her emotions in this chapter. It will be interesting to see how she manages to come to terms with being dead, and how she feels about Dave and Sarah and how she reacts to seeing her family trying to cope without her. I'm looking forward to reading more.
BlueNeutrino chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I like it. I think you've managed to capture Rita's shock at what happened well, but would've liked to have seen just a bit more of her thinking about Dave in that final second. It's a good little fic and I hope you continue with this.