Reviews for The Ikari Identity
gunman chapter 4 . 5/6/2011
If we are going by the 'Bourne Trilogy', (which I have, by the way), then I'm actually dreading where your next story is going to go.

I sure hope you don't kill Asuka.

I mean, sure she's a bitch, but she's not so much in this story.

One of the few I've read where Asuka actually becomes a decent person.

Seriously, my request is 'don't go down the route that caused Jason Bourne to lose the one he cared for so much'. Even if it would make a much greater story, it was just hard to see that.

Anyway, good chapter.

Write on!
Weapon-VII chapter 4 . 5/5/2011
Good ending, nice and sweet. With a little suspense at the end. I really hope the next fic does not have Asuka dieing like Marie did in the second movie.

Oh well. The only way to find out is to wait for you to release it.

Catachanian Jungle Brawler chapter 4 . 5/5/2011
short but golden short
ccss chapter 3 . 5/5/2011
cocomiel chapter 2 . 5/5/2011
AxS chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
birthofthecool chapter 3 . 5/4/2011
When I started reading the first chapter I was like "Oh my god, how could HE do this kind of story.

Meaning I usually loathe this kind of story, especially with Eva and Shinji (Because he just doesn√Ąt fit the tough guy image at all, as well you know, besides I happen to like the Bourne Franchise and wouldn't like to read a bad ripoff).

So I closed it again and thought to myself, that even the best writers produce stuff that's just not that great.

When I got the alerts for chapter 23 the story was back in my mind and so,I finally decided to start reading.

Suffice to say that as usual you did a great job. It is an interesting take on the story and it is quite captivating and entertaining.

I feel the whole Asuka / Shinji stuff feels a bit rushed... but well, if you'd try to depict it realistic it would probably fill the pages of a whole book until these two would get together.

Anyway, it wasn't so much about this shipping anyway.

In the end let me add that I liked the treatment of Kaworu.

I never liked him and always thought he was a mean, evil, manipulative little bitch (and I am using bitch on purpose).

Of course that's just my personal taste, wether one shares it or not, I just enjoyed him this way, with his evil more in the ioen.
gunman chapter 2 . 5/1/2011
Well, nice to see someone actually made an Evangelion/Bourne Identity crossover. Had this idea myself, though it had more to do with Shinji losing his memory and someone else finding him and making him into the pilot for another robot.

Now, that idea seems a little lame.

And personally, I thought some of your ideas for this were brilliant.

Especially about the sumbliminal programming using the A-10 clips, which I thought, 'Yes, finally someone else had a good idea about how to use those damn things'.

So, Shinji tried to kill Kaji, Asuka tried to kill Misato, and Rei is actually part of their team, huh?

Thought that was odd, though I wonder just when she started having a change of heart and betrayed the commander.

Like... obviously the mental programming wasn't that good, right?

Not that I'm complaining.

And Shinji and Asuka having a sparring match was cool, though you did make it fairly obvious as to what was going to happen when the pair finished.

Look forward to more later on.

Write on!
Weapon-VII chapter 2 . 4/30/2011
Good chapter. I only saw the movies so I don't know if you are following the books more so, or if the Bourne series serves more as inspiration than anything else.

I would like to see an insight to Asuka's mind during the training session/fight.

GryffinsEye chapter 2 . 4/29/2011
This is a very well-written crossover. I've only seen one of the Bourne movies and not read any of the novels, but I know enough of the backstory to know that this is a good merge of the two universes. I look forward to the remaining chapter(s).
Catachanian Jungle Brawler chapter 2 . 4/29/2011
wtf is up with asuka
ArujeiGo chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Uh... huh.

I don't mean to be flippant when I say this, but why exactly are you writing this? I mean, is it just to transpose the characters of Evangelion into the plotline of the Bourne Identity? Because if so, why shouldn't I just read Ludlum's book? I have it sitting right next to me. And that would make more sense, with its international spies & assassins, than this.

I don't intend this to stop you writing, but I think you should ask yourself that question - why are you writing this? What are you trying to get across to the reader? Maybe instead of just lifting events straight from the book, you could take the themes and feelings of the book - loss of identity, paranoia, etc. - and adapt those for the Eva characters. Hell, none of them really know who they are in the first place!

Beyond that, not much to say. Your diction and syntax are workable, but nothing really struck me higher than that.
1337 chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Looks like that Misato is still alive but what about asuka and what is up with Rei?
Catachanian Jungle Brawler chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
so far its pretty good but where did shinji learn those skill
Weapon-VII chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Hmmm... good story so far. However I know to expect great things from you, so I will be waiting.