Reviews for One Hundred Weeks
kidloco chapter 4 . 7/16/2011
amazing another chapter (i sure in narusaku library are too so hehe) amazing, just amazing madness, just like the argentina urugay game.. amazing
quiyece chapter 4 . 7/16/2011
I'm really glad to see that "one hundred days" has got a sequel. Indeed i liked this first story, for several reasons but mainly because : it was original, mainly non-cannon/new/different, had a lot of adventures, was not overly dramatic with nice feelings and couples everywhere...

Of course there were a few points i didn't like much, i'm gonna be long there but well... : from what i've gathered of the real manga, the sharingan has got 3 powers, 1- see chakra, 2- see mouvements, even the fast ones (of hands or of taijutsu) in advance and in slow motion and 3-'cast' chakra which is to say make a jutsu (genjutsu for the normal sharingan, other more powerful ones for the mangekyou). Someone with good memory enough to remember the handsigns, the mouvements of chakra, and with the chakra control necessary to do the same, can thus copy jutsus, thanks to the firt two powers of the sharingan.

So in this case my problem was that in 'one hundred days' you made it look like the sharingan can copy anything like if it was magic. I didn't like that much, but at the same time you showed that it could not copy every jutsus (rasengan, and certainly other ones, like maybe special elements?) and i think there were also a few comments to dampen the 'at first sight too powerful copying ability'. So all in all i liked the story, because it worked, because rules were a little different than the ones in the cannon story (think of ice, sand,... elements without the bloodline, which are pretty coherent to me), because i could feel i did not know everything about jutsus, plenty of mysteries about it, thanks to your imagination... because jiraya was and still is in this new story really powerfull, and he shows it contraryly to the canon story...

SO. Why so long a comment? Because i liked the story and like what i've read in the new one, but also to explain better the following advice : be careful with the use of cannon characters. What do i mean? You wrote the first story rather early in the publication of the manga, at a moment we didn't know much about the theory of the techniques (which is partly why, i think, your story is different in that field, but nevermind this) and so if your try to use too many 'new' cannon character it's gonna be difficult to make it work with what you've already written. I'm not saying impossible, you've already used in this new story some characters who appeared in the manga after the end of 'one hundred days' and i think you've done it rather well, but i think that you must be careful not to want to make appear in this new story every character from the cannon story ; it works for kurotsuchi and some others (guren, maki, matsuri.. so far, maybe because we don't know them much in the manga or in the anime), but i'm wonder about the akatsuki members, i think having/keeping some completely new ones (like kaida or akakawa tetsu for exemple...) might be for the best, because they 'define' the top, the limit of the ninja world.

I've already given you 1 reason for being careful about cannon characters, here's another one : those characters risk changing the 'feel/the touch' of your story, because they've already got a background in our mind. Of course it's not easy writing a story like this, and using existing characters is helpful, but aside from the less 'famous' ones (like i said somewhere above) whose stories are mostly blank, they seem a little strange for now in 'one hundred weeks'.

It's the same for the story, if you want to stick too much to the original, it's may make difficult for you to find and incorporate new ideas in this world you create.

Plus, i have to say that the new characters are just great : the kitakami from snow, the priests from howling moon, the tsushikage and his students, ... They're a breath of fresh air in this 'naruto world'.

In any case, despite my long rambling, I'm not worried, i'm not saying you must not do this and that 'cause you've done a really good job so far, your story is good, different ; but i'm just saying be careful.

I hope i don't seem too patronizing, which would be funny since i absolutely suck at writing ; i also hope this review is understandable because english is not my langage, so i apologize for the mistakes.

That's about it for now.
Shinobi111 chapter 4 . 7/15/2011
Wow, thats a good story. Its really something different, and thats good. Pretty interesting already and its just week 8. :)

But it could be a bit more NaruSaku, since you claim the story as such, for my taste.

Anyway, good work. Keep writting Aaron Nowack.
Demeter1 chapter 4 . 7/15/2011
I really enjoy the gen nature of this story and the previous one; it's especially awesome in this chapter where we've got several storylines going on at the time and the threads are being pulled between so many different factions. I think my very favorite section was the discussion between the group at the end, in how even if Temari and Kankuro defected to Leaf, they wouldn't accept them in fear of restarting a war. The politics in this is really, really good... and I can't believe I just said that.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/15/2011
It's honestly a shame that this story does not get more attention. I think that your take on the Naruto storyline is both original and refreshing with many characters that often do not see the limelight getting attention and examination into their thought processes. The main characters are spot on for their personalties while still showing the growth they prviously experienced in your last tale One Hundred Days. With an engaging storyline, an actual plot, and excellent supporting and main characters this tale is without a doubt one of the best pieces on the site.

I look forward to your next update.
Anon chapter 4 . 7/14/2011
Amazing work as alwayj
Demeter1 chapter 3 . 7/13/2011
I loved "One Hundred Days" and I absolutely love "One Hundred Weeks". It's so difficult, sometimes, to fine a good, genfic that focuses on both Naruto and Sakura's path. This is so good; I can't believe you have so many of the same characters and somehow, you're turning them into a wonderful, completely believable AU. And I've got to say... SAKURA. Oh, Sakura! You've got her flaws, her strengths, everything is captured; she's not this perfect, super-strong pseudo-character. She's still struggling, still training, and her discomfort with everyone thinking she beat Gaara? So awesome. Love, love, love this story!
diana chapter 3 . 7/9/2011
Awesome fic! I wish I could write like you do. I just love how you fleshed out the characters and the story development is amazing.

I hope to see the next chapter soon.
Reviewer of the West chapter 3 . 6/30/2011
Nice story. Please continue.
Shinobi111 chapter 3 . 6/29/2011
I want more ((

Good story
Ero-kun chapter 3 . 6/20/2011
Few days ago I had a feeling to re-read something amazing. I decided it'll be yours One Hundred Days. Imagine my surprise when I saw the sequel posted on your profile The quality is great, the plot is interesting and the action is gripping. The fact it's not filled with spelling mistakes and things like that is another thing I love about your fanfic. Lookin' forward to the next chapter. Here's obligatory MOAR!
skywiseskychan chapter 3 . 6/17/2011
That bingo book on Sakura is the most splendid thing about this chapter I think. I love seeing inflated reputation Sakura just getting more inflated. I hope that by the time news gets back to rock that they think she's more dangerous than the Sanin themselves.
Yami Umi chapter 3 . 6/16/2011
You definetely haven't lost your touch! That was awesome.
KamilahKaliope chapter 3 . 6/14/2011
Ahhhh TT After a long wait...Finally chapter 3 is came _ haha

how great
nuclear death frog chapter 3 . 6/13/2011
Nice chapter. I liked the first examiner Shirou; he's blunt, and funny with it. "Don't do anything stupid" is a pretty good rule for a ninja, and in general for that matter.

The second exam was probably supposed to be a lot harder than Naruto's team found it, heh. Good on them for thinking unconventionally. And it does seem very Naruto to pass out those extra fangs and unknowingly mess with the Sand's test.

It was fun seeing the Hidden Rock genin from "OHD".

So even without her ice techniques, Hidden Snow's Rui is a genin in name only? That makes sense. With her ice techniques, she and her brother were supposed to be able to easily defeat a squad of chuunin that were their escorts/bodyguards on their way to the Leaf when Ichizo was injured. This implies that Rui and Ichizo were at least on the level of strong chuunin, perhaps low jounin level. Which is still nothing compared to someone who can give Jiraiya a challenge (Yuki, from the prequel). It was funny seeing her call Naruto "Naru-chan", and seeing how he deflected that question. I don't think that worked too well, but it looks like Chouji decided to ignore it, and Hinata would never have asked.

One thing I noticed that might be an error: Hinata, in a brief point-of-view bit, was thinking she could not fail a third time, because that would be very bad for her. This is Hinata's fourth try at the Chuunin Exam, because she referenced Kiba and Shino from a previous try at Grass. They must have taken the exam there and her teammates passed without her. So I'm not sure whether or not that's something you should edit to "fourth failure", because... well, I mean, her father didn't seriously expect her to beat Neji, right? Then again, he probably did. In your story, Hyuuga Hiashi seems to be an even bigger asshole than in canon.

So, this chapter fairly well confirmed that Fuu of the Hidden Waterfall is a vessel for some kind of powerful entity. I'm interested to know what that entity is, if that isn't a detail that will be a plot point in "OHW". But knowing the principles of Chekhov (see TV Tropes), now that it's been talked about, it must come up. Especially since your author's notes at the end of the story referenced Akatsuki. Obviously, they could just be after the known entities in Gaara or Naruto, but possibly not.

A question, though, since we're on the subject of powerful entities that may be sealed into people. From "OHD", Kaida, the Hidden Cloud's High Priestess of the Thunder Dragon, and secret Akatsuki member, now deceased ... was Akatsuki interested in the avatar she'd sealed into herself? I suppose not, since Kaida was a member of Akatsuki herself. Akatsuki's leader, "Pain", must know of the Thunder Dragon and not consider a mere avatar of it worth his group's attention. I was going to ask in this review about Yuki and the snow maiden she'd sealed into herself, but I remembered that in "OHD" you specifically stated Yuki *killed* a snow maiden and only sealed its power into herself, not a living maiden. What types of entities IS Akatsuki interested in, if that's not a massive spoiler? It is known they want the Nine-tailed Fox. It can be presumed they might, possibly, want One-tailed Shuukaku, which is sealed into Gaara. And since you are using Fuu and have already called attention to whatever is in her, she must be a plausible target.

Well, I don't really think you're going to give me much of an answer to the above, if any, since it probably consists of major spoilers, but I wanted to ask, since it's relevant.

I liked the chapter, and await more. Cheers!
74 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »