Reviews for One Hundred Weeks
nuclear death frog chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
A nice start. It took me a bit to work through the "all five Kages dead" bit - I forgot about Sand, and Rock's former leader wasn't yet dead, if I recall correctly, though he was supposed to be failing fast at the end of "One Hundred Days". It was nice to see the Rookies Eleven, I guess it could be called, back together. Personally, I'm kind of hoping you WON'T redeem Sasuke - he made his choices, and one of the reasons I dropped the manga like a ton of bricks was the constant, overbearing Uchiha/Sharingan wanking, which I have heard has gotten infinitely worse since.

As for what's canon and what's not, regarding the manga and the anime ... I'm not bothered by the first story being retroactively AU, or however you want to refer to it. I haven't been following the manga in four years, since well before "OHD" was completed anyway.

I shall be waiting for more. I may even need to reread the first story again to refresh my memories. Cheers!
Zephyrclaws chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
Interesting... I like it. I read through 100 Days, and I liked it, though as you pointed out, it is wildly AU. Still, it's definitely well-written. The best of luck to you.
Xephon chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Dude, I'm going to go re-read the OG story just because its been awhile. It's awesome you've started a sequel. It'll be interesting how you incorporate your original stuff with what's been revealed in the manga so far.
skywiseskychan chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
I think that the most interesting thing about this is your preview. A Naruto who is actually going to go take an exam while off on his secret three year training journey? YAY. That is one thing I've never understood by the way. Why running off alone for three years is safer and better than sticking around and training for three years. Oh well, maybe it's all about risk reward, I just don't think the risk of complete vulnerability is worth the reward of possible anonymity.
KP704 chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
I had to double back for a second when I skimmed by this...I can't believe there's now a sequel i'm so psyched. I loved all the development in one hundred days so i'm seriously looking foward to seeing more anko/sakura misadventures or just some sakura kicking arse!
Zephyrus246 chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
I loved the prequel of this story so much and now that you've decided to continue it with another really made me jump in excitement (literally). Seriously, I was grinning nonstop while I was reading this; that's how awesome your writing is! Your prologue so far sounds great. The only problem I had was your opening paragraph because it sounded really ... awkward to me. Maybe that's just me but I don't know. It's just the first sentence of it that really bothered me so whatever.

One issue that I wanted you to know is that I'm happy that your going to keep romance on the back-burner for this story. In canon, the romance is totally, absolutely messed up to the tenth degree. It's actually one of the reason's why I've dropped reading it because the romance part of the manga really trolled the female characters that I liked (namely Sakura, Hinata, and Karin; Ino too, kind of). That's probably why I prefer reading non-romance stories on this site and there's not a lot of good ones that actually keep the characters, well "in character". I understand that there would be some character development in fiction stories that may change a character, either in a good way or bad way, but some authors have a lot of trouble refraining from powering up one or two characters that it eventually becomes unbearable to read onwards. So far, you've done a great job on keeping things balanced and I really liked it.

Now, I'm going to tell you my opinion and you don't have to agree with me. In fact, you can scoff at it and move on to whatever your planning with the story. I really don't want any romance between Naruto and Sakura. To me, every time I picture them together, I can only see them as best friends or a kind of sibling relationship at best. Maybe it's because of all the drama that had already happened between them in the manga but I just can't stand them being together romantically. Actually, to tell you the truth, I prefer Sakura with no one at all. I think she has the potential to become a great character without any romance having a part in her growth. For Naruto, the only person who I'd think would be compatible with him is probably Hinata but then again, I don't want them together either because I also think that Hinata can grow to become stronger without the involvement of romance. In fact, I don't think that Naruto is even going to think about liking someone until both he and Sakura can bring Sasuke back home. The only thing on their minds at the moment would be to bring Sasuke home and to do that they'd have to become stronger. There's no room for romance in their heads. So yeah, that's my take on things.

Moving on, I really enjoyed reading this story. It's amazing to see such great work finally being continued after , what five of four years I think? Update as soon as possible (at your convenience, anyway)! I look forward to your next chapter!
Sir Chris chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Oh geesh, I didn't expect to hear back from you ever again, but I am not going to complain about it.

I don't remember a whole lot from One Hundred Days since it was so long ago but I remember the gist, and I remember enjoying it quite a bit. The only bad thing I remember that you got overly descriptive at times, and you didn't have that problem in this. Although, I was younger so maybe I just didn't like reading it as much.

As for this chapter, it is good stuff. You have done well to summarize events from the previous story and to set the stage for this one. Your characters are all well done and your writing is crisp. Good stuff.

- Chris
dzk87 chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
I really look forward to the continuation of 100 days, which was amazing. Keep up your good work.
dbzgtfan2004 chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
This is a good story. Please continue. Keep up the good work.
tennisdesi91 chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
I do remember you! I loved your story way back when. It was one of the first stories i got into with fanfiction. haha. I really look forward to reading your story. I already know it will be great :)
Annara Ren chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
YaY! :) I loved One Hundred Days and I can't wait to see where you're going with this story!

Thank you for writing!
RSeriv chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Now imagine my surprise when one of my favorite fanfics from 4-5 years ago suddenly revives with a sequel. Reading this made me remember how much I fell in love with the universe you created back in One Hundred Days. Especially since it had probably one of the best examples of character development back when there were less than 150,000 stories (according to ff.n) in the Naruto section. Actually, I feel like rereading it just to watch Sakura grow under the tutelage of every jounin, relive the battles of the chuunin exams, and finally see Naruto reunited with his friends in the middle of war.

Onto this chapter, not much time has passed within the story. It was great seeing the kids get together before the next journey begins, especially Anko attempting a free meal. But the "calm before the storm" atmosphere was definitely executed well, and I loved the parallels between this chapter and the prologue of the original. I certainly hope we'll see more of Midori, Arata, and all those other outsider ninja. Not to forget more Anko and Sakura relations.

Anyways, I'll be looking forward to the next chapter. Welcome back )
flashfroze chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
! IT'S BACK!

God I loved the first story, and now I read that you're continuing it? My day, no, my [i]week[/i] has been made!
julezren101 chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Awesome! I was so happy when I saw this. I can't wait for more.
74 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5